Haven't tried this myself because I have TeleNav, but others (esp. in Europe, South Africa, and other locations) might like this:

amAze - Free GPS Navigation for your mobile phone!

Patrick
    04-16-08 06:43 PM
    That's the one I use. Works very well though the user interface is non-standard for a Blackberry. I use it because I can't get Nav4All to work on my phone so I've just used this.
    04-17-08 05:44 AM
    Yep, AmazeGPS is a good product, been around for several months for BB.
    04-17-08 06:15 AM
    mine wont connect n i have unlimited data what am i doin wrong
    04-18-08 09:35 PM
    Thanks for the link.
    04-19-08 06:07 AM
    mine wont connect n i have unlimited data what am i doin wrong
    Give the following a shot. Uninstall the program from your BB (Options/Advanced/Applications) and then re-install. When you do the install, check the Permissions box at install time and set the 3 top level sections each to Allow. Not all the sub selections under each section will change to Allow, but some will. Closing the permissions dialog will prompt to Save before continuing with the install. See if it works better then.
    04-19-08 06:21 AM
    I tried Amaze but it was super slow at initial startup and loading maps on my 8310.

I noe use telenav without any issues except the one time it lost the GPS satellite and had me going in circles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 06:38 AM
    i tried that it still says communication problem n then tell me to quit
    04-19-08 03:03 PM
    where can i get telenav from and is it used thru blue tooth bcus if it is i have no idea how to use it
    04-19-08 03:05 PM
    Baabu_g-
    Have you tried google maps- for free? AmAze is a nice app, but, you will need to Anyway, I have an 8310 that has the icons on my berry desktop. If you have a different phone, try to google it or telenav.com and see what pops up. The choices for monthly charges are 5.99 and 9.99 unlimited/mo. Good Luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 03:23 PM
    thanks black latino i downloaded google maps its AWESOME thanks again
    04-21-08 07:31 PM
    Unfortunately I have Verizon so none of the cool GPS programs work.
    04-21-08 10:56 PM
    BattyBugs:

You can get a separate gps puck - about the size of a car door clicker. Works with my 8830 from Verizon. Of course, you have a separate device and have to charge it separately, too.
    04-21-08 11:56 PM
    I think I'll look for one. It has to be better than the Verizon Navi program. It only works in the US and really isn't very good. Thanks.
    04-22-08 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD