Hi guys,

OK I've had my BB Bold 9700 for a few months now and since I got it I've had the following issue:

* the phone would shut off completely because the battery is completely drained. It wouldn't restart until it's being recharged. One would think that is completely normal but what I am experiencing is shut-off when the battery bar is 50% or lower.*

So far I've never been able to drain the battery low enough so it would shut off in the last 20%. it's always higher.

It's annoying because I can't really tell how much battery I have left.

here is what I have tried:
    - I have bought another BB branded battery. (I was going overseas and wanted to make sure I had spare battery if needed)
    - I have updated the OS (2 months ago, right now it's a 5.0.0.593 (platform 5.1.0.147). I can't remember what OS I had before that, though.

I may be wrong but I don't think it's either a Battery problem or an OS problem. It's possible that the second battery has the same defect, and that the OS had the same bug.. but I don't believe it.

Anyway, have you guys noticed any hard shut-off due to drained battery at what appears to be high battery level (referring the battery control)?

thanks
    11-16-10 05:30 PM
    bump, bump, bump
    11-17-10 12:54 PM
    I had very similar symptoms a month ago and thought it was a new hybrid OS I'd loaded. Went back to the stock OS and still had the problem so I went to the US Cell store and had them replace the battery - free too.
    11-17-10 03:16 PM
    did that fix the issue?
    cause the replacement battery I bought didn't. =/
    11-17-10 03:24 PM
    bump.........
    11-18-10 11:11 AM
    Yes, that cured my problem and gave me nice long battery run times like when the phone was new.
    11-18-10 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD