So I was driving from Vancouver, WA to Spokane, WA and using the Sprint Navigation software on the 8330. On one stretch of road the phone was saying something like "There is no GPS coverage in this area." Yeah, right. I can understand when it says it doesn�t have cell phone coverage but GPS? The terrain is wide open and the phone was on my dash. I could see in every direction for miles upon miles. It would flip flop between no GPS and no cell coverage till eventually it confuses the Sprint Navigation software and I have to reset the phone. Another odd thing is that whenever I was coming to a waypoint (like a turn from one highway to another) is the time when the software would conk out and I'd have to reset the phone. Anyone else have this sort of problem?

Once I was out of that area it was working pretty much fine but for some reason, on I-395 in the wide open, the GPS seems to think it doesn't have coverage. Attached is a pic of the open terrain where for some reason the phone thinks there aren't any GPS sats above me or there is too much terrestrial interference (tall buildings and trees). :-)

AWS
    07-26-09 12:06 AM
    I had to check Google Earth, Interstate 395 is on the East Coast, you must have been using Washington Hwy 395 which does cut a diagonal line across the State.

Sprint Navigation is a service that takes your GPS readings and relays it back to you as a map. If you are out of service range, your GPS has nowhere to call home.

07-26-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD