If I downloaded the android wear app on 1 mobile market and then bought an android wearable smartwatch...... would it work? Would it make android smartwatches compatible with BlackBerry 10 phones?

Sent from my Z30 Beast

Sent from my Z30 Beast
    05-23-15 03:39 PM
    I think it sounds logical, but I don't think it would work.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-15 04:05 PM
    Android Wear unfortunately requires Play services.
    Sent from my Luminous Lime Green Lumia 930
    05-23-15 04:17 PM
    Well it's been possible for a while to install Google Play Services. I installed Android Wear on my BB10 from the Google Play Store, but I can't seem to get it working. I think it will require some technical tinkering from someone who is really good with this sort of thing. I'd be willing to pay money for this if someone did it.
    07-19-15 09:34 PM
    While you can install Cobalt's modified Google Services files, which is enough to fool some apps that check for it but don't actually use it, but Android Wear (and Android Audio, and Android For Work) all actually USE Google Services, and since BB10 doesn't have Google Services, none of those are going to actually work.
    DrZaius3 likes this.
    07-19-15 11:01 PM
    Too bad! Hopefully someone can figure it out before it's time for me to buy a new phone. I'd rather keep my BB Q10 than go to an Android phone, just to be able to use the watch. I can't even set the time on the watch right now.
    07-20-15 10:22 PM
    Too bad! Hopefully someone can figure it out before it's time for me to buy a new phone. I'd rather keep my BB Q10 than go to an Android phone, just to be able to use the watch. I can't even set the time on the watch right now.
    Someone would also have to modify files on Android wear itself. It's finicky even with normal Android.

Android Wear has several close source elements as well
    07-20-15 11:42 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to get Android Wear to work on a BB Q10? I've tried using an Android phone (Galaxy S3) for a few months and I hate the phone so much! But at least it can run Android Wear and connect to my watch... But I'd rather get it working on my BB Q10.
    01-21-16 05:56 PM
    It won't and never will. Just get a android phone instead.
    01-26-16 07:23 PM
    I had the same issue, and more than likely my next phone will be a blackberry android, but I'm not ready to let go of my se passport. So I recently purchased a pebble smartwatch since I read that's the only watch that has some support on here. Hopefully it works well with bb10

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 07:40 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to get Android Wear to work on a BB Q10? I've tried using an Android phone (Galaxy S3) for a few months and I hate the phone so much! But at least it can run Android Wear and connect to my watch... But I'd rather get it working on my BB Q10.
    You can run Pebble with Talk2Watch or Bridge. But of course that's not Android Ware however Bridge recently made an announcement that has me thinking Android Ware may be a possibility. See below.
    Android wear?-img_20160125_145142.png

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 08:47 PM
    Under the Description Notes it says they will soon be adding support for another Smart watch maker. Well there aren't that many, there's Pebble, Android Ware, Tinzen and Apple's Watch OS. My guess is its either Android Ware or Tinzen.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 08:49 PM
    Wear. Tizen

Pasaporte Pilipinas� | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-26-16 09:37 PM
    Under the Description Notes it says they will soon be adding support for another Smart watch maker. Well there aren't that many, there's Pebble, Android Ware, Tinzen and Apple's Watch OS. My guess is its either Android Ware or Tinzen.

Posted via CB10
    Hi! I'm the developer of Bridge.

The new smartwatch supported by Bridge is Vector, official support for Vector will come in mid-February, you can look here to get updates on the app availability :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1043492‎

What is Vector ?
    https://www.vectorwatch.com/

I've looked at supporting Android Wear but the app relies way too much on Google Play Services, I can't do anything unfortunately. ‎

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 10:04 AM
    Hi! I'm the developer of Bridge.

The new smartwatch supported by Bridge is Vector, official support for Vector will come in mid-February, you can look here to get updates on the app availability :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1043492‎

What is Vector ?
    https://www.vectorwatch.com/

I've looked at supporting Android Wear but the app relies way too much on Google Play Services, I can't do anything unfortunately. ‎

Posted via CB10
    Rodger, wow that watch actually looks nice! Never heard of Vector before today. Looks pricey though. I'm going to look in to it as a possible option if I don't switch to Priv first and get the Motorola 360. Thanks for your reply, I've been curious to know what watch maker you were referring to.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 09:42 PM