So I never thought I would be asking this question because I have never liked android... but I took a look at the HTC One X today and have to admit I was really impressed. So much so that I dug a little deeper into android, and am really liking what I am seeing. Even though I don't like the size of the Galaxy S III, I think that would be the one I would go for because it is a very nice phone and I like the expandable memory option. I always thought it would be between windows and BB10, but now I think android has swayed me over.

I don't have the money now but soon I think I would like to grab a new phone. I just don't know if I can wait for BB10. I have an iPhone 4 and will not be upgrading to iPhone 5 no matter what they come out with, I'm over it. I love the QNX operating system, and am sure blackberry won't let us down but there is still those questions that aren't answered like the actual device.

What do you guys think? Are you going to stick it out?
    05-24-12 11:25 PM
    If you do go to Android don't go with the One X. HTC screwed with it's memory management so their skin will have more resources to run. HTC basically killed multitasking and then said it is working as they intended.

The S III looks very nice, but this close out I would recommend you wait. If you are at all interested in having a BB10 device any way.

If you hold off buying something till September - October you will know what BB10 is all about and by then the S III will just be another Android device replaced with something better.
    05-24-12 11:40 PM
    If you're content with your iPhone then just tough it out until BB10 comes out. Have you jailbroke your iPhone because that open's up a whole new world to iOS.

I've always had a thing for Android and BB at the moment just doesn't cure my fun/all in one device. You can get a cheap and decent Android phone off Craigslist or something like that.
    05-24-12 11:42 PM
    Just wait for BB10 and see what it has to offer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    05-25-12 01:45 AM
    I'm planning to get an iPhone 5 when it comes out.. but then I saw the sneak peek of BBOS10.. I suggest you wait for BBOS10 to come out, then you decide. I'd might actually wait for BB10, it looks amazing so far.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-25-12 01:56 AM
    data mining or security?
    05-25-12 02:42 AM
    Wait for BB10. It will have killer multi-tasking and flow etc. Maybe what you're craving is a new UI experience you'll only get with BB10

I read a detailed review of the SIII with videos. Technically it's looks really good but it was the same UI experience
    05-25-12 07:40 AM
    If you need skype, netflix etc go android if not I'd definitely wait.
    05-25-12 07:48 AM
    I'd wait for the BB10 devices.
    05-25-12 08:01 AM
    Do you want a tool or a toy? Er... Never mind. Just wait on BB10. you'll regret it if you don't.
    05-25-12 10:36 AM
    You can get a cheap and decent Android phone off Craigslist or something like that.
    I echo this suggestion. I take it since you were looking at the One X you are on AT&T? Check craigslist for a Skyrocket or Vivid. That way if you fall in love with BB10, you can re-sell the Android phone and use those funds for your BB10 phone. On the other hand if you fall in love with Android you could always get the new PB when they drop if you're still itching for a BB10 device.
    05-25-12 11:21 AM
    I would wait until BB10.

And I mean from an apps standpoint it seems that more and more devs are getting onboard for its release in addition to the apps already available for the Playbook. So BB10 should hit the ground running.
    05-25-12 11:32 AM
    Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate it! It helps to have some re-assurance to wait for BB10. It's hard cause they bring out these new phones and sometimes it's hard to wait till the fall and not no any info on the phone or anything, but phone shouldn't matter as the OS is solid on the PB specs.

Yeah I have a PB already so will be nice to have it paired to the phone.
    05-25-12 06:58 PM
    I say wait. Right now we are at the beginning of a whole round of phones about to come out. Why not hold off if your iPhone 4 is working? Just imagine all the choices you will have by the end of the year. Even if you don't get BB 10, its still worth the wait IMO.
    05-25-12 08:14 PM
    I'd be careful about buying a phone right now on contract. Whatever you buy is what you'll be using for 2 years. The HTC One X is a cool phone, but so was the Galaxy Nexus that came out not that long ago. With BB10 and potentially iPhone 5 around the corner, if your current phone does the job then hold on a while longer.
    05-25-12 08:34 PM
    The only issue I see with waiting on BB10 is the fact is is a new OS... granted it is based on QNX.... I for one a waiting at least six months after the release.... Will pay to get out of my current contract however but have had too many bad experiences with first release OS's..... to each their own however.... OP should go with what feels best....
    05-25-12 08:56 PM
    05-25-12 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD