For everyone who has participated in the 2 threads here about switching phone platforms because of the direction in which many of us think RIM is heading especially with not much going on with RIM at CES except for the playbook... This is the 2 latest articles on the iphone and VZW that I thought everyone thinking of jumping ship in some fashion might find interesting so here you go guys and gals...

iPhone: No longer exclusive, still locked | TiPb

Verizon iPhone to go on sale late Jan/early Feb | TiPb
    01-09-11 03:46 PM
    Tuesday is going to interesting.
    01-09-11 03:50 PM
    not sure what you are getting at? what did they tell us that is not already known?
    01-09-11 03:54 PM
    I've played with my parents iPhone and I know it's not for me. I'm going Android. I haven't used one yet though because there are no VZW stores near me with live models. But from what I've seen and read I think Android will be a good fit for me. I use the browser a lot as well as gtalk, google voice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 03:59 PM
    not sure what you are getting at? what did they tell us that is not already known?
    I was just simply trying to do a favor to others who have not had the opportunity to read these articles, Nothing more, Nothing less. I thought it was just a good quick jump for people to go right to. Sorry if you were offended that you know info that others might not.
    01-09-11 04:52 PM
    No that is fine, i figured that was all you were trying to do or i had missed something in the articles. You had mentioned android in the title but i didnt see anything in your post about it
    01-09-11 04:57 PM
    I've played with my parents iPhone and I know it's not for me. I'm going Android. I haven't used one yet though because there are no VZW stores near me with live models. But from what I've seen and read I think Android will be a good fit for me. I use the browser a lot as well as gtalk, google voice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I realize everyone has the favorite and I am not saying that I am totally going iphone although there are some aspects I like.

If I decide to go Android in March with VZW it would likely be the new HTC Incredible(Thunderbolt as they are calling the new version) or a Motorola either Droid 2 with physical querty keyboard or Droid X with all that real estate. I have 3 VZW stores near my house Chrisy as you know where I am at and have not been yet because I have several months still(2) but soon on a day off i will be plying with live units to make the choice on Android and pin that down.
    01-09-11 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD