Nooooooo! I really wish everyone in the world would stop buying Apple related products until they quit suing everyone and their dog. The same way I wish when the professional athletes go on strike wanting another 10-20 million per year, everyone would boycott financially supporting them.
    Do you realize how delusional that sounds?
    12-12-11 05:40 PM
    Do you realize how delusional that sounds?
    Maybe fantastical but not delusional. Imagine the message it would send to these people/corporations.
    12-12-11 08:35 PM
    I love my 9900 and when I travel overseas, my unlock android becomes a glorified hotspot for my BB with the exception of phone calls.

That being said, if they ever released a decently spec'ed Android that looked exactly like my 9900, I would buy it on day one. The Motorola Pro+ doesn't count

I love my BB but sometimes I feel it is just limiting and frustrating when it comes to installing/upgrading apps.
    12-13-11 07:42 AM
    Don't know much about Androids but my cousin has an HTC. From what I've seen so far is that they definitely have better cameras than Blackberries and much better apps. I am a proud owner of a bold 9000 and I will love BlackBerry forever. Best email and communication medium is the Blackberry. Androids like iPhones are glorified toys while Blackberries are powerful and serious tools. They could say what they want but blackberries will always win because it has that "crack" in it lol.
    12-13-11 01:34 PM
    Best email and communication medium is the Blackberry. Androids like iPhones are glorified toys while Blackberries are powerful and serious tools. They could say what they want but blackberries will always win because it has that "crack" in it lol.
    Where is that face palm jpg to insert?

This is prob a waste of a post. But those of us that have moved from Blackberry to Android and stayed using it as our primary device have found it to be a better email and communication medium than Blackberry. When you post and refer to an iPhone and an Android device as a toy, it completely discredits your post as having any level of above adolescent thought. I assume then that you think playing brickbreaker and changing out themes is powerful and serious.

Glorified toys. Geez. What my son has in his toybox are toys.
    12-13-11 05:08 PM

Done.
    kilted thrower likes this.
    12-13-11 05:13 PM
    hahahaha! Awesome. I give you props for getting in a double face palm with Jean Luc Picard involved.
    12-13-11 05:15 PM
    Android is a superior device over blackberry but for business use and easy navigation blackberry wins hands down. They are two totally different animals and really can't be compared. When bbx 10 is released they will in line with android devices.
    12-13-11 05:20 PM
    When bbx 10 is released they will in line with android devices.
    Maybe. Of course I'm not up to par with what bbx 10 entails. At the rate that Android is exploding, there's not telling what Android devices will be running. Stuff like 1.5/2 ghz quad core devices with the new battery and screen technology might not be uncommon. So what you'll be seeing is crazy fast, battery conservative, multi-tasking devices. With the way chipset developers are developing and talking, pretty soon you'll pretty much just have a portable external monitor and keyboard that'll plug into your Android device and be done with the whole laptop/desktop.

I really hope RIM steps up it's game and hits the marketing and comes out swinging. It'd be sweet. Lay low and suddenly pounce.
    12-13-11 05:53 PM
    Update to my first post:
    My friend eventually got the HTC Sensation XE with BEATS from Dr.Dre.
    The sound through the bundled headphones was awesome, and I'm and audiophile. It beats the iPod sound hands down and I tried the Bose Sound Cancellation headphones and those $400 headphones were also beaten hollow with the bundled headphones.

I loved the HTC Sense UI on the Sensation and since I'm familiar with it as my wife has an HTC, I was comfortable with it.
    I played around with the Sensation more than my wife's HTC as it's a guy only thing.
    The Android can be customised endlessly, however you need to be a techy to get it to work, while BB does many things out of the box.I would say this however, that what I mean by getting it to "work" would mean getting more of a BB experience. Since my friend and I have been on BB for five years we were trying to get it to work like a BB works, for whatever its worth. Maybe for non-BB users the out of the Box experience for Android is good as it is.

The Android is far ahead of the iPhone. Seriously, the iPhone 4s has nothing on a top of the line Android. Everything on the Sensation was much smoother than the iPhone. Out of the box notifications, LED etc was so much better.

However, my friend had second thoughts and three days later he went and changed his Sensation for the Droid Razr. He dropped $100 on the exchange (In India we dont have a 14 day trial). But he wanted looks and gadget.

The Droid Razr is one heck of a looker. The UI was not at par with the Sensation IMO, but the phone is sweet. The camera is amazing. And I liked the no frills UI of the Droid Razr as well. The Androids can be customised to such an extent, its unbelievable.

I want the Razr. As simple as that. Not troliing here. I'm still the BB fanboy and so is my friend. Even after buying two Androids in three days , he still maintains that BB is his first device and he can't switch. But Androids have something going for them.

Forget about BB dying, they have their unique points which gives them a market. I think the iPhone has the biggest threat from the Androids. There is not a thing that the Androids can't do better than the iPhone. The BBs have their selling point as plain jane workhorses with decent multimedia support, but iPhones have NOTHING on Androids. If only some iPhone people gave Androids a try, they would not look back ever.

I guess I'm becoming a bit of a BB+Android fanboy.

The biggest question for me is to buy the Droid Razr as my second device or wait for the BB London ( which I have to have on Launch day) and keep that as a second device? My 9900 is staying with me for a long time.

Grudging respect for the Androids from this BB fan.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 12-14-11 at 02:34 PM.
    12-14-11 02:30 PM
    Update to my first post:
    My friend eventually got the HTC Sensation XE with BEATS from Dr.Dre.
    The sound through the bundled headphones was awesome, and I'm and audiophile. It beats the iPod sound hands down and I tried the Bose Sound Cancellation headphones and those $400 headphones were also beaten hollow with the bundled headphones.

I loved the HTC Sense UI on the Sensation and since I'm familiar with it as my wife has an HTC, I was comfortable with it.
    I played around with the Sensation more than my wife's HTC as it's a guy only thing.
    The Android can be customised endlessly, however you need to be a techy to get it to work, while BB does many things out of the box.I would say this however, that what I mean by getting it to "work" would mean getting more of a BB experience. Since my friend and I have been on BB for five years we were trying to get it to work like a BB works, for whatever its worth. Maybe for non-BB users the out of the Box experience for Android is good as it is.

The Android is far ahead of the iPhone. Seriously, the iPhone 4s has nothing on a top of the line Android. Everything on the Sensation was much smoother than the iPhone. Out of the box notifications, LED etc was so much better.

However, my friend had second thoughts and three days later he went and changed his Sensation for the Droid Razr. He dropped $100 on the exchange (In India we dont have a 14 day trial). But he wanted looks and gadget.

The Droid Razr is one heck of a looker. The UI was not at par with the Sensation IMO, but the phone is sweet. The camera is amazing. And I liked the no frills UI of the Droid Razr as well. The Androids can be customised to such an extent, its unbelievable.

I want the Razr. As simple as that. Not troliing here. I'm still the BB fanboy and so is my friend. Even after buying two Androids in three days , he still maintains that BB is his first device and he can't switch. But Androids have something going for them.

Forget about BB dying, they have their unique points which gives them a market. I think the iPhone has the biggest threat from the Androids. There is not a thing that the Androids can't do better than the iPhone. The BBs have their selling point as plain jane workhorses with decent multimedia support, but iPhones have NOTHING on Androids. If only some iPhone people gave Androids a try, they would not look back ever.

I guess I'm becoming a bit of a BB+Android fanboy.

The biggest question for me is to buy the Droid Razr as my second device or wait for the BB London ( which I have to have on Launch day) and keep that as a second device? My 9900 is staying with me for a long time.

Grudging respect for the Androids from this BB fan.
    I'm an iPhone user, and I have given Android a try. I hated Android because it's not as smooth as the iPhone. They can't even get something as simple as smooth scrolling. Also, I hate how cheap most of the apps look. Most of the people who make apps for Android don't even try to make them look good. All of this said, if the iPhone didn't have a jailbreak, I'd probably get an Android phone.
    12-14-11 02:51 PM
    I'm an iPhone user, and I have given Android a try. I hated Android because it's not as smooth as the iPhone. They can't even get something as simple as smooth scrolling. Also, I hate how cheap most of the apps look. Most of the people who make apps for Android don't even try to make them look good. All of this said, if the iPhone didn't have a jailbreak, I'd probably get an Android phone.
    I agree with you on the scrolling part. Neither of the Androids came close to the scrolling of the iphone although the Sensation with its 1.5 Dual Core was very near, but it was still not as smooth.
    But on that front, my 9900 beats everything. The scrolling and general snappyness on the 9900 is just wow. I know many iPhone people would jump on me on this one, but any 9900 user will agree with me on this one. Just flick on the address book and watch the contacts rush past. On touch screen feel front I would rate the 9900 the highest.

That's the reason my friend got the Sensation first, because it was faster on scrolling and was snappy on flicks, not near the 9900 but close enough. His standard was the 9900 and the Razr didn't match it. And neither did the iPhone 4s.
    12-14-11 03:15 PM
    Android is a superior device over blackberry but for business use and easy navigation blackberry wins hands down. They are two totally different animals and really can't be compared. When bbx 10 is released they will in line with android devices.
    Depends on the user and the business.
    12-14-11 03:18 PM
    Anyway audiophile knows that beats is junk. This why it was relegated to smartphone use.

Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    12-14-11 03:48 PM
    Don't know much about Androids but my cousin has an HTC. From what I've seen so far is that they definitely have better cameras than Blackberries and much better apps. I am a proud owner of a bold 9000 and I will love BlackBerry forever. Best email and communication medium is the Blackberry. Androids like iPhones are glorified toys while Blackberries are powerful and serious tools. They could say what they want but blackberries will always win because it has that "crack" in it lol.

It would appear that more consumers are into "glorified toys" as opposed to "powerful and serious tools"....

War Is All We Know
    12-14-11 04:08 PM
    Anyway audiophile knows that beats is junk. This why it was relegated to smartphone use.

Lol.

An audiophile argument would take another 100 posts. It works great on Smartphones, lets just leave it at that, before we break out the cables vs interconnects and tubes vs solid state debate
    12-14-11 04:14 PM
    It would appear that more consumers are into "glorified toys" as opposed to "powerful and serious tools"....

War Is All We Know
    Gadgets, not toys.
    12-14-11 04:16 PM
    An audiophile argument would take another 100 posts. It works great on Smartphones, lets just leave it at that, before we break out the cables vs interconnects and tubes vs solid state debate
    It's bad. It amplifies base but not too much other than that. Many people agree. The good sound probably has more to do with the phone having a better audio code than the average droid. That's why galaxy s phones sounded better than everything else and still do for the most part. They had a high end dac. The dac in the galaxy s is better than that in the s2 and other phones.

Has nothing to do with cables because few people are hooking their smartphones upbthat way anyways.

It does not take 100 posts to state beats is a gimmick and you can achieve similar or same results on any device with a good dac, an equalizer, and a decent pair of headphones.

Beats was laughed out of the audiophile world.

Last edited by N8ter; 12-14-11 at 04:26 PM.
    12-14-11 04:22 PM
    It's bad. It amplifies base but not too much other than that. Many people agree. The good sound probably has more to do with the phone having a better audio code than the average droid. That's why galaxy s phones sounded better than everything else and still do for the most part. They had a high end dac. The dac in the galaxy s is better than that in the s2 and other phones.

Has nothing to do with cables because few people are hooking their smartphones upbthat way anyways.

It does not take 100 posts to start beats is a gimmicks and you can achieve similar or same results on any device with a good dac, an equalizer, and a decent pair of headphones.

Agreed. The bass was off the hook. I only heard like two minutes worth of pre-loaded club music on it. The bass was what come thorough great. As to how much it was overboosted, I can't say. I would have to put some Eagles and Dire Straits to figure out what was boosted.
    I don't think it was the audio codecs on the phone though because the headphones sounded the same on my 9900 (Taio Cruz: Break My Heart). Again not a song to check true audiophile stuff. But if it provides a decent punch, I doubt people will complain. I anyway don't have high standards when I hear mp3s on a phone.
    12-14-11 04:29 PM
    Yes beats is good for consumers if you listen to a lot if club r&b rock and stuff like that. It's weaknesses are very apparent if you listen to classical music, though :-(

I find my iPod superior to all my other devices for that stuff.

Beats is a huge step up for HTC their phones typically had terrible sound lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    12-14-11 04:42 PM
    blackberries better for business? maybe if you work for a big company or law firm and need secure messaging and email. but a blackberry as a business tool for somebody who runs a business? when I used a bb phone I couldn't even find a google analytics app.
    12-14-11 06:22 PM
    blackberries better for business? maybe if you work for a big company or law firm and need secure messaging and email. but a blackberry as a business tool for somebody who runs a business? when I used a bb phone I couldn't even find a google analytics app.
    The mobile site is enough, it does what it's supposed to do.
    12-14-11 09:04 PM
    An app is almost always > a site unless it's just a wrapper around an HTML5 site.

Thought we went over this in the Playbook threads. See how that worked out for them there?

Yea, thought so.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    12-14-11 09:09 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD