I'm on an Android Galaxy device using SwiftKey and every virtual keyboards I've downloaded so far are completely terrible. It's actually so frustrating that I now use my desktop more than my smartphone and when I had the Passport, it was the other way around.

Wahh I cannot wait for the Priv or BlackBerry Productivity Sweet because the BB physical keyboard and virtual keyboard are ROCK SOLID!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-05-15 01:41 PM
    Should be pretty easy to use BlackBerry's SwiftKey keyboard on the PRIV. (Unless Chen is cutting licensing cost like that)
    10-05-15 01:44 PM
    Should be pretty easy to use BlackBerry's SwiftKey keyboard on the PRIV. (Unless Chen is cutting licensing cost like that)
    As far as I know, BB10 Virtual Keyboard will be available for all Android devices.

10-05-15 01:47 PM
    As far as I know, BB10 Virtual Keyboard will be available for all Android devices.

I had heard many expect it.... just haven't seen it in action yet.
    10-05-15 02:00 PM

Source? Don't play with my emotions!
    10-05-15 02:09 PM
    Try the Google keyboard. It is my favorite by far. Even better than Swiftkey!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...axL8i2evDSl9AB
    10-05-15 02:17 PM
    Source? Don't play with my emotions!
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/03/...ry-experience/

10-05-15 02:33 PM
    BB10 keyboard is licensed from Swiftkey. The VKB prediction is only as good as the user. Train it properly and it works just fine. Without Swiftkey there is no BB10 VKB
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-05-15 02:35 PM
    BB10 keyboard is licensed from Swiftkey. The VKB prediction is only as good as the user. Train it properly and it works just fine. Without Swiftkey there is no BB10 VKB
    BB10 keyboard is bigger and more accurate than Swiftkey....

10-05-15 02:37 PM
    Irrespective Swift Key on Android sucks in comparison to the BlackBerry VKB. If you have used both you understand. Cannot wait for the BlackBerry Suite of apps for Android for my Tab Pro.

Z30 wickedness
    10-05-15 02:38 PM
    Just switched temporarily to the HTC keyboard. Much more bearable than Swiftkey.

10-05-15 02:46 PM
    The beauty of Android is that if you don't like something, you can use something else. I use Google keyboard on my Samsung Note 5, and I replaced the Samsung launcher with Nova, etc. I even have the Microsoft Cortana voice assistant on my Samsung for those moments when I want to try a different experience.

That's something I've always liked about Android, the ability to use something else if you don't like what your phone comes with.

10-05-15 03:16 PM
    I prefer Swype to BB10 keyboard because I like to, well, swipe as my main mode of entry. But it works better for me thatn the BB10 keyboard in some other areas as well:

- Cloud-connected data: I have a unique dictionary.
    - Other modes: Voice (Nuance), handwriting, tap.
    - Handedness: I can use Swype one-handed and with either hand.
    - Phrase correction: self explanatory.

Add these to the BB10 keyboard, and I am sold. I doubt Swiftkey will allow some to be added.
    10-05-15 03:23 PM
    Irrespective Swift Key on Android sucks in comparison to the BlackBerry VKB. If you have used both you understand. Cannot wait for the BlackBerry Suite of apps for Android for my Tab Pro.

Z30 wickedness
    Typical BB comment without anything to back up your claim. The 0.3% has spoken and BB10 rules the market like always LOL.
    10-05-15 03:36 PM

Z30 wickedness
    I have used both and find them comparable. Swiftkey on my HTC works just as well as the ones I've had with BB.
    10-05-15 04:16 PM
    I asked if you had used both. If you have then you would understand. The prediction and swiping on BlackBerry VKB blows Swift Key for Android away. The closest as far as learning for prediction is the Google Keyboard. Now have you used the BlackBerry VKB?

Z30 wickedness
    10-05-15 04:22 PM
    Try fleksy. They kinda copied a lot of BB10 features. So that may suit you more.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    10-05-15 05:50 PM
    Suck is too kind a word

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 05:53 PM
    When I used Android, I was using Swype as I preferred it over Swiftkey and Google's keyboard. It seemed to cause less errors when swiping (Swiftkey often gave me the wrong word). Plus, Swype allowed quicker access to some keys than Swiftkey.

While swiping to type is great, my preference is still finger typing and bb10 is the best vkb I have tried on any platform. While the predictions may be the same as Swiftkey's, the ability to swipe between keyboards for letters to numbers, and holding letters for caps, etc. are uniquely BlackBerry's and make it just a joy to type on. Everyone I met, whether they use android, ios, or windows have also preferred bb10's keyboard over their own when they try the phone.

Hopefully BlackBerry will bring the bb10 keyboard to android. They could even sell it as an app for non BlackBerry phones.

I admit too that as a passport owner now, I wouldn't mind going back to the vkb of the z30 sometimes.
    10-05-15 06:28 PM
    BB10 keyboard is bigger and more accurate than Swiftkey....

Lol

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    10-05-15 06:43 PM
    Swiftkey or swype are both terrible for accurate typing and multi-language detection.

BlackBerry 10 keyboard isn't a Swiftkey keyboard. I'm sure they have some parts of the predictive text licensed but it's made by BlackBerry in the form we have it
    10-05-15 06:51 PM
    Try fleksy. They kinda copied a lot of BB10 features. So that may suit you more.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Using this as well on my Android devices.

Posted via C5303
    10-05-15 06:53 PM
    Yea if they do make it available for other android devices they should charge them to use that special virtual BlackBerry keyboard!!! ... Just Saying!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:54 PM
    Try the Google keyboard. It is my favorite by far. Even better than Swiftkey!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...axL8i2evDSl9AB
    Not only will Google data mine you emails and browsing behaviour, with a simple download you can let them know about every single thing you're typing!!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 06:54 PM

That would be huge. Shouldn't be free though for other Android devices. Maybe $9.99 per download. Lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-05-15 07:03 PM
43 12