This has turned into a very painful and typical BlackBerry 'fanboy' thread, some people are very deluded or maybe chose to ignore the truth ?.
    And here comes the name calling.
    09-17-14 09:11 AM
    Any touch screen phone offered these days will kill the Blackberry Z3. There are various reasons to support this theory, but one of the key one's is marketing. If Android One is marketed in the least bit, it's much better than Blackberry's "leave-it-alone-on-the-vine" marketing support. The consumers of the Android One want a cool touch screen to run tons of apps especially social media ones. Together with the notion that Blackberry is old, out-of-step if not obsolete will certainly not bode well for the Z3 All it takes is a friend, co-worker or the counter sales clerk to bash BB one time and consumers will chose anything but a BB phone. Consumers don't really care about what true BB loyalist do. They don't read Crackberry and frankly want what others want (and carry).

Remember, this new generation of smart phone consumers are REALLY into image and sporting a BB just ain't cool anymore. It rings old fashioned and out of step no matter how great our phones are. You don't need security when all you do is social media. For this reason alone, BB should be marketing to those who will buy the phone for that JUST TO KEEP BB SOLVENT. They should stoop to marketing the personal experiences of most consumers like we saw in the brilliant promotional commercials for BB10 that never made to the air ways.

Clever marketing is key. Target the younger consumers with brilliant ads and maybe they will buy. Make an ALL TOUCH in many flavors that offer the features of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Vine along with Hub and Flow and you'll get some takers. Add an up-to-date camera with descent app support and then remind them that you're STILL the most secure phone in the business.

I'm living to see this come to past. I believe it's the right strategy. But who am I to say. I'm just some keystokes with a Darth Vader avatar!

Go BB!
    HereticHermit and hgdk like this.
    09-17-14 10:15 AM
    Why would people care about Android phone from Google? It is a low quality phone they build to flood the low price market so that they can get all the search query direct to Google website. So many Android phone flood the market right now. Look, Samsung try to flood the market with almost everything they make/try and still losing to Apple when it comes to brand recognition. What happen to Google last phone?
    The goal of Android One isn't to provide a great user experience so much as to reduce the cost of building Android phones even further. "Can't afford to design your own smartphone? We'll give our blueprints over to you for free!" The vanilla Android thing is what Google expects out of the tier two or tier three OEMs as repayment.
    09-17-14 10:27 AM
    Android on BlackBerry is already causing damage by cheapening the blackberry experience

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    I honestly can't see any logical person seeing "Android app compatible" as a reason to purchase a phone. Android isn't elite or sought after so why wouldn't the consumer just purchase the real thing?

Also, the advertising assumes that the consumer has a impression of Blackberry not having any apps or that Blackberry is not using Android. That may not even be true for most consumers aware Blackberry is still alive. Blackberry is actually highlighting Blackberry's weaknesses. (Of course, for the sales lost from the "advertisement" at least Blackberry would have to deal with fewer returns.)
    09-17-14 10:50 AM
    For a forum I thought was about BlackBerry and its user experience, this thread has really become a shill for Android.
    Moved to this sub forum, maybe next it will be moved to the Android forums. Just a thought.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-17-14 01:13 PM
    Android one is still Android, not BlackBerry 10. Android one is mainly targeted for first time smartphone users,entry level.
    Here in India, what I believe is : 2 kinds of people prefers BlackBerry.
    1) Loyal Fans addicted to bb10
    2) Those who want to try a new platform after getting of bored of Android.

A new smartphone user will never go for Z3. That's where android One lies. Different Class.
    Thats My opinion.

Posted via CB10

I agree, although I think Z3 is still priced bit higher than it should be. If Z3 was priced around Rs 12000, Blackberry could have moved lot of units in India alone and gained some market share. For some reason, I believe it's Blackberry India management who screws up the pricing in India.
    09-17-14 02:36 PM
    I don't get it why there is even comparison with BB10 to Droid phones based upon a price point, both serve basic purpose and some people just like a particular OS more. Notwithstanding the BB bashing, BB is not doing great for few years now but that hasn't stopped people from buying BB because they feel it serve their purpose. There always will be people who will buy BB not becz they are fan boys but because they feel at ease with BB devices. if droids were really capable of finishing off BB or BB devices they would have done so in recent dark past. People have choices and they are entitled to use them as they please without caring which way the world is swaying. Personally I feel Z3 is a very capable device for its price point with bb10 experience.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-17-14 02:58 PM
    I am talking in terms of use fullness and handy.

And let me tell you BlackBerry has built all its loyal fans from Os7 only.

There are many flaws in Os10

I am using Z10, and its just make the incoming calls silent in pocket, no ring, no vibration.
    I have missed a lot of calls, when u will face this, then u will know.

Another issue is signal strength. Between the calls the signal goes, and call drops.

And even BlackBerry is playing smart for Indian markets, they are selling here the lowest version of Z10 - Stl-1, which always face issues.

BlackBerry service centres here takes more than 10 days even to rectify a small issue.

All these things make me feel sad, that after going for Z10 and Os10 with so much hopes nothing is coming out.
    You bought a lemon; get over it and buy a Z30. Otherwise go and buy the Android One or whatever.
    John Chen has said over and over that BlackBerry will very happy if it sells over 10 million devices in a year. So quit comparing BlackBerry to Apple or Samsung. Variety is the spice of life; some people want BlackBerry no matter what.
    09-17-14 03:28 PM
    This has turned into a very painful and typical BlackBerry 'fanboy' thread, some people are very deluded or maybe chose to ignore the truth ?.

I use and support BlackBerry in an Enterprise environment (have done for years and years), and nothing beats them there, full stop. But the Z3 is intended as a consumer device first and foremost, and it doesn't have a chance in hell when competing against Google and the Android One / Android Silver projects.

A 'consumer' genuinely couldn't care whatsoever about security and QNX, all they want is a device that runs all the current apps and costs a fair amount. Until the time, if it ever comes again, when BlackBerry can afford to make a loss on hardware then they are completely irrelevant in the consumer smart phone market.
    What is deluded is that Blackberry should be like other smartphone manufactures and lose money making them. Did you see Sony's last fiscal results?
    I don't care if Blackberry sells 100,000 phones as long as they price them so they can make a return on the true costs of developing the phone.
    09-17-14 04:23 PM
    OP, I'm sorry. Z3 is cheap, Android One is cheaper by a long ways. It can't even run some of the apps normal Android does.

But I didn't hear you say that BlackBerry had the Z3 wrong back when it was first released. This is a reactionary opinion post, like all of the people complaining that the Passport launch hasn't happened yet after seeing what Apple and Samsung have released. This isn't a problem

Also, NO **** the Passport won't sell like the iPhone. BlackBerry could give them away for free and they wouldn't "sell" as many

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 04:25 PM
    It really depends, ONE has only launched in one country and with a mostly online presence AFAIK.
    09-17-14 06:20 PM
    This is a very odd thread.

Posted via CB10
    Z10NIZED likes this.
    09-17-14 06:23 PM
    Customers don't know this....

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:57 PM
    What is Android One?
    09-17-14 07:34 PM
    One word; Security

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-17-14 08:20 PM
    One word; Security

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Doesn't matter to most people

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:19 PM
    Nahh!! Even high end android phone lags a lot. How do you think android L/one/whatever will kill BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:32 PM
    Nahh!! Even high end android phone lags a lot. How do you think android L/one/whatever will kill BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Nothing will kill BlackBerry... they'll be here for years to come.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-17-14 09:36 PM
    Nothing will kill BlackBerry... they'll be here for years to come.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    They'll be here for centuries to come.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm using a Note 3 on TMO and this thing smokes my previous Z10. I have no regret for switching in the least. EVERYTHING is faster, including six different web browser.

Posted using electrons and pixels designed exclusively for the Galaxy Note 3.
    09-17-14 09:42 PM
    Very well, use it for another 3 to 6 more months. You will know what I mean. I had million and millions of complaints against android.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 09:51 PM
    I'm using a Note 3 on TMO and this thing smokes my previous Z10. I have no regret for switching in the least. EVERYTHING is faster, including six different web browser.

Posted using electrons and pixels designed exclusively for the Galaxy Note 3.
    Comparing a $700 note 3 to a $200 Z10 wow that is revalent..... I would also be willing to bet a $70,000 BMW is faster than a $20,000 Chevy.

This time last year I was using a Samsung. After dealing with all the repairs on all of our Samsung phones and Samsung's less than stellar customer service, I am glad I switched to BB. No problems yet.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-17-14 10:22 PM
    Comparing a $700 note 3 to a $200 Z10 wow that is revalent..... I would also be willing to bet a $70,000 BMW is faster than a $20,000 Chevy.
    Woah. Are you comparing unsubsidized launch prices there?
    09-17-14 11:54 PM
    Woah. Are you comparing unsubsidized launch prices there?
    I swear this exact conversation happened a couple of days ago.. that or I'm having deja vu.

This thread needs to stop though

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 12:27 AM
    Andriod one will definitely kill Z3. BB need to market themselves better. get in competition. The BB OS is much more faster and smoother than other OS's but still no go for it. I was checking few specifications of few phones like Mi4, one plus one, etc, higher specification with price tag of $489, quite cheap compared to BB phones. BB need to come up with those kind of phones. Apps we don't mind as we don't use much apps.But BB needs to cater our needs.
    09-18-14 02:41 AM
195 ... 45678