The purpose of this threat is to spread the confusion and the chaos. But at the same time gather the BB / Crackberry family again.
    Use your best arguments to defend your OS of choice!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 08:22 AM
    To get started: the bb10 is faster and less buggy. Even with lower processors.
    Battery performance is much better than Android

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 08:26 AM
    Android is the one which is actually available going forward. It's also particularly convenient for busy people who want the best supported mobile browser, timely security updates and no fuss easy integration with apps, cars, other devices.
    Uzi and DrBoomBotz like this.
    05-25-17 08:39 AM
    Sigh
    Wezard and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    05-25-17 08:57 AM
    The purpose of this threat
    Is this really a typo?
    FF22, PantherBlitz, Wezard and 1 others like this.
    05-25-17 08:58 AM
    The purpose of this threat is to spread the confusion and the chaos.
    Let the air of grievances begin.

I'm just waiting for BB10 emulator on KEYone for Inception.
    05-25-17 09:04 AM
    Why would you want to spread confusion and chaos? I think these forums have a purpose to be helpful and friendly.
    05-25-17 09:14 AM
    You know I still don't know if the Priv will get Nougat or not.

(well, this reply works well with the purpose of this threaT!!!)

I also would like to suggest that the KeyOne get not only BB10 but the original BBOS.
    05-25-17 09:17 AM
    I also would like to suggest that the KeyOne get not only BB10 but the original BBOS.
    THIS. IS. BRILLIANT.

If we're going to rally around a legacy OS, let's go all the way.

An updated version of BBOS, complete with BIS push email, a monthy service charge paid directly to BlackBerry, a blackberry.net email service, etc.

At least that model would offer the chance of revenue to BlackBerry.

This would be the equivalent of the LP in audio. Seriously old school with actual advantages over newer technology for connoisseurs and hipsters.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-25-17 09:27 AM
    I read the OP and I'm like......
    Android BB vs BB10 vs BBOS-wtf.jpg
    anon(9803228), Wezard and Xeak like this.
    05-25-17 09:53 AM
    I read the OP and I'm like......
    Sadly, Harambe died with BB10
    Mattster723 likes this.
    05-25-17 09:59 AM
    Android is the one which is actually available going forward. It's also particularly convenient for busy people who want the best supported mobile browser, timely security updates and no fuss easy integration with apps, cars, other devices.
    ?!?
    Its not the best for busy people as it keeps nagging you with all kind of questions to switch on stuff time and time over again. Efficiency and multitasking only as far as Google's revenue model allows you.

Busy people doing business as in doing emails like on a desktop while travelling are better of with a Classic BB10 than with a Priv Android. Both software wise and PKB wise. Looking forward to see whether KEYone changes this.

Integration with cars? No difference between Classic and Priv actually. Classic actually having BMW setting whereas my Priv doesnt have it.

Security updates. Yes BlackBerry Android doing very well. Whether it's nature favours one or other OS to be more secure I don't dare to comment on.

BB10 is standing still. Correct. Browser on a new Classic runs without issues though. Guess its the ageing hardware making some sites slow. Too bad about Whatsapp native, only app in my business related app gap.

Priv Android goes forward? Sure. Eh? Hardware is improving, just like 286 computers evolved into faster Pentium etc. Software wise. Just having more of the same with different stickers or colours isn't really going forward. My Priv really can't do more than the old Xperia Pro stil laying in the drawer.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 10:03 AM
    My Priv really can't do more than the old Xperia Pro stil laying in the drawer.
    LOL.
    05-25-17 10:23 AM
    ?!?
    Its not the best for busy people as it keeps nagging you with all kind of questions to switch on stuff time and time over again. Efficiency and multitasking only as far as Google's revenue model allows you.

Busy people doing business as in doing emails like on a desktop while travelling are better of with a Classic BB10 than with a Priv Android. Both software wise and PKB wise. Looking forward to see whether KEYone changes this.

Integration with cars? No difference between Classic and Priv actually. Classic actually having BMW setting whereas my Priv doesnt have it.

Security updates. Yes BlackBerry Android doing very well. Whether it's nature favours one or other OS to be more secure I don't dare to comment on.

BB10 is standing still. Correct. Browser on a new Classic runs without issues though. Guess its the ageing hardware making some sites slow. Too bad about Whatsapp native, only app in my business related app gap.

Priv Android goes forward? Sure. Eh? Hardware is improving, just like 286 computers evolved into faster Pentium etc. Software wise. Just having more of the same with different stickers or colours isn't really going forward. My Priv really can't do more than the old Xperia Pro stil laying in the drawer.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are the only one taking this thread seriously....
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-25-17 11:37 AM
    I think you are the only one taking this thread seriously....
    Good good let the hate flow through you )

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    05-25-17 11:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what will be the point of the hate???
    05-25-17 12:00 PM
    THIS. IS. BRILLIANT.

If we're going to rally around a legacy OS, let's go all the way.

An updated version of BBOS, complete with BIS push email, a monthy service charge paid directly to BlackBerry, a blackberry.net email service, etc.

At least that model would offer the chance of revenue to BlackBerry.

This would be the equivalent of the LP in audio. Seriously old school with actual advantages over newer technology for connoisseurs and hipsters.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I think the question here is: what is the best OS for you and not what saves Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 12:01 PM
    I think the question here is: what is the best OS for you and not what saves Blackberry

Posted via CB10
    Your OP doesn't quite state that with such clarity.

To answer the question, this has been gone over ad nauseum; it's really a moot point. But for the sake of conversation, my choice is Android, BBOS, and last BB10. Android in a nutshell is BBOS with more options. BB10 is fine for what it can do, but it's limited.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    05-25-17 01:30 PM
    You forgot to mention potential make more money for apps. (sorry, cannot resist due to your name).

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 01:54 PM
    User error. Shut off notifications if you don't want them. Efficiency and multitasking depend on the user.

Sadly, "busy people" do more than email, which is why BlackBerry got left behind in the first place.

It does, it's called "Android Auto" which comes installed in quite a few cars. You can download it for your Android device from the Play Store.

Aging hardware and a browser that hasn't been updated in a few years are not only slow at accessing sites, it's a showstopper in more than a few cases.

You're absolutely sure a 2015 Priv (or any other) can't do more than a 2011 device?

There's so many people on this site that just light up the screen, turn it over a few times, maybe send a text or email and call themselves experts because they really don't want to try and give an honest unbiased view. Don't be one of these, please.
    DrBoomBotz and app_Developer like this.
    05-25-17 02:01 PM
    BB10 is the only one with 100% BlackBerry 's DNA, enuff said.

The other OS are simply a palliative even if someone somewhere decided that there will be only two OS's

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    05-25-17 02:14 PM

The other OS are simply a palliative even if someone somewhere decided that there will be only two OS's

Posted via CB10
    How is BBOS not 100% BlackBerry DNA? If anything, since it was developed in-house instead of based on an acquired product (*cough* QNX *cough*) it's more "BlackBerry" than BB10.
    05-25-17 02:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    BBOS is 100% BlackBerry, designed from the ground up by Mike Lazaridis.

BB10 is just a mobile skin using QNX as its base.
    05-25-17 02:17 PM
    How is BBOS not 100% BlackBerry DNA? If anything, since it was developed in-house instead of based on an acquired product (*cough* QNX *cough*) it's more "BlackBerry" than BB10.
    Yes, of course BBOS is 100% BlackBerry. I was referring to BB10-Android diatribe...

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 02:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I will, my young Padawan ;-)
    05-25-17 02:26 PM
64 123