Everybody I know who is yousing the android is so happy about their phone and "the best apps"
    But now we can download Apk. Files..
    I downloaded like more than 50 apps and I erase them all becouse they are so bad..
    So what is so good and beatifull about it.. ?
    That's my own opinion about don't want to offend anybody..

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 02:26 AM
    I agree, the majority of these apps are garbage. However the real app gap can be broken into two main categories. The first are the general mainstream popular apps like Vine, Netflix, and Candy Crush. Whatever your opinion is regarding these apps, consumers want them.

The second category is more specific for a smaller group such as banking apps or TV network apps. Sure you can use your browser, but the apps usually provide a more optimal experience.
    01-31-14 02:40 AM
    Many would argue left & right with me that yeah.. blackberry has come a long way with the runtime but it's not nearly as good as android and it's certainly not android that's better then android!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 02:47 AM
    Many would argue left & right with me that yeah.. blackberry has come a long way with the runtime but it's not nearly as good as android and it's certainly not android that's better then android!

Posted via CB10
    how is this relevant?
    Grumblegrumble and Mecca EL like this.
    01-31-14 03:03 AM
    What i notice is that sideloaded apps (while at 10.2.0) loads up faste tha apk installed directly under 10.2.1. Tested with same apps like instagram, esfileexplkrer, tubemate, etc.

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    01-31-14 03:24 AM
    Most apps on google play are rubbish. As with life you always want what you can have.

The big name apps are an exception of course.

They dont control app quality like apple does but in the end all ecosystems have their share of crap apps.

I do find built for BlackBerry app very decent though. Nothing beats native.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    01-31-14 03:34 AM
    I am selective of the apps downloaded from Snap, Amazon or that were side loaded. The only one that was a major issue was Google maps. It heated my phone up and drained the battery faster than BB maps. I downloaded my credit union's banking app for the remote banking and it has been flawless. Worked better on my Z10 than on our Samsung Galaxy tablet. And I have had apps from BlackBerry World, like Hub++ that has been buggy (and I have contacted the developer multiple times). So, I would not discount all Android apps. Just evaluate them one at a time.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    01-31-14 07:41 AM
    how is this relevant?
    Pointing out somewhat of the reason why most android apps are garbage on BB10 compared to android

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:55 AM
    how is this relevant?
    Probably because there are some here that claim that. Some even have it as sig.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 01-31-14 at 08:04 AM. Reason: duh
    JeepBB, Unbiased Tech and Raddin like this.
    01-31-14 08:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    "Better android than android." - the biggest lie I've seen on Crackberry.

Android run time is not going to solve this app problem. In fact it will only hurt the platform in the long run since it discourages developers from building native apps.
    bbq10l, JeepBB and Rello like this.
    01-31-14 08:10 AM

Android run time is not going to solve this app problem. In fact it will only hurt the platform in the long run since it discourages developers from building native apps.
    It discourages developers to make native apps in the short term. BlackBerry desperately needed to close the app gap. If and when BlackBerry recovers, let's say 70-80 million active BB10 users, I am sure that developers will see the value to develop native apps.
    01-31-14 08:37 AM

Yes & no.. at this point, that quote is absolutely true!

But I am more than all for the runtime. I'm just disappointed with how BlackBerry has implemented and improved it. What i mean is that I think they should have improved upon performance before making all available apks download able. They did improve the acceleration and speed in 10.2 but it needs more, and I can't stress that enough. People say they load android apps faster then their buds S4.. to be honest, I think that's a pile of bull ****, maybe it's just my device, but I have many, many android apps loaded on my 10.2.1 Z10 and I can't beat any of the S3's & S4's at my school let alone the iPhones.
    So someone please fill me in on what I'm doing wrong!
    I realize that Google services may need and include a process that requires BlackBerry to be closely in touch with android but I believe that's something that needs to be done!

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    This was really irrelevant... it's about the UI...which is the same ones android devices use...

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 09:41 AM
    How did better Android than Android get brought into this? I thought this was about the quality of Android apps (or lack thereof). Doesn't matter what platform they're running on.

I don't have any apk's, but I have noticed that, in general, most Android ports aren't as good quality as native BB apps. TheScore, for example, was one of the best apps I had on my 9900; but for BB10 it's a port, and it's pretty much crap. That's not the only instance, but it's the best one I know of that has a point of comparison.
    Mecca EL and Mr.mister like this.
    01-31-14 09:48 AM
    Sorry guys, got it mixed up thinking it was performance when it is the ui etc

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 10:23 AM
    Native BB10 apps have a much better UI than the Android Apps I find. I will always go to BlackBerry World first to meet my app needs. However, in the interim, I think it is great that BlackBerry has developed an OS that can leverage android apps when in a jam. Example manufacturer apps. BlackBerry World will not have a Panasonic app for example, or a Nest app. So this is where I see great value.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:19 PM
    To me, BB10 Cascades look definitely much sleeker than Android UI.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-31-14 12:38 PM
    On UK Vodafone so don't know yet what the apps run like... I got a note threw foe a few essential apps and use it as a secondary device, but the truth is, most apps are very poor quality

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:50 PM
    Sorry, guys, but there are tons of great-looking Android apps.

Proof?

Check out this Tumblr:

Android Niceties

If some of these don't run, or don't run well, on BB10, that's not Google's, or Android's, or the app dev's fault, because BB10 isn't running a full Android implementation.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-31-14 01:07 PM

That's possibly already happening. There's a thread over there about whether folk even bother looking in BB World for Apps... or simply go to an Android store as first port of call.

If I was a Dev, I doubt that attitude would enhance my desire to make native Apps for BB10.
    01-31-14 01:09 PM
    I deleted most of the Android apps also. It was faster to use the BlackBerry browser then the Android apps in most cases and the same functions on browser.

Mainly talking about banking apps, amazon mp3, and amazon shopping app. Took too long to open also.
    propeller10 likes this.
    01-31-14 01:12 PM
    Sorry, guys, but there are tons of great-looking Android apps.

Proof?

Check out this Tumblr:

Android Niceties

If some of these don't run, or don't run well, on BB10, that's not Google's, or Android's, or the app dev's fault, because BB10 isn't running a full Android implementation.
    I said as much on another thread. The App Devs are likely to get the flak (and the negative feedback!) when their App doesn't work well on BB10's Android-ish runtime. IMO, that's why so few Devs ported their Apps to BBW.
    01-31-14 01:16 PM
    Most of the apps are running smoothly. Be aware of Vine! After installing this app my camera stopped working something that reminded me of my PlayBook that had a solar problem with Ovoo. Luckily after deleting the app which used the video camera my Z10 works perfectly again.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 01:17 PM
    The best apps on Android are the apps from Google itself. They are sleek and beautiful, absolutely smooth and fits perfectly the usability of Android. If you install apps that fill some kind of small functionalities on Android..you gonna have a bad design. Many of those apps still have 2.x UI elements (which looks stupid in 2014). People who write those small apps doesn't care much about how it looks. If they do what they supposed to do they are more fine with that. For many other big name content providing apps, they are usually developed on iOS first. That's why some buttons, menu elements.. are placed in weird awkward spots and the animations are not smooth on Android despite the strong hardware performance.
    01-31-14 01:22 PM
    Most of the apps are running smoothly. Be aware of Vine! After installing this app my camera stopped working ...
    And, on-cue, the proof of my point.

I have no axe to grind with you imarinopulos, but there is nothing wrong with Vine. It works perfectly on (real) Android devices.
    01-31-14 01:22 PM
90 123 ...