Good evening.

I've been getting into the habit of taking voice notes on my BB on the way home from work. That way my day is all saved for future reference. I'm a Supervisor...
    Does anyone out there make a voice notes to text program?
    Preferably I'd need it to actually be on my PC as my work won't let me install any 3rd party apps. So I'd like to record a Voice Note, save it. Open up the "xyz" program, edit as needed and save as a e.g. Word Doc.
    Am I dreaming?
    Lot's of programs out there that need to be installed on the PC, need their dedicated mobile recorder and mic, but I already have a mobile recorder, with a good mic with a 4 gig memory card. That should do what I need.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    02-16-09 06:32 PM
    I think your dreaming.
    02-20-09 06:53 PM
    Sorry, I haven't seen anything like it and I really doubt that anything is in the works for that sort of program. Especially if it needs to be saved to a pc. You can always hope though.

Welcome to Crackberry though

~Jazzi~

02-20-09 07:00 PM
    Yes, I am using my Storm for exactly that purpose. It takes a little bit of effort, but it can be done with the right tools.

Here is what to do.
    First, you must make sure to speak very clearly (as in enunciate) when you are recording.
    Next, you import the .amr file into your computer and use a program called Mobile AMR converter (it's free, you can Google it to find the link).
    This will convert the .amr file into a .wav file.
    Next, you have to convert the .wav file from 8 bit mono 8000Hz to 16 bit mono 22kHz. Any decent audio editing program should be able to do this. I use Adobe Audition but you can try Goldwave or the FREE program Audacity might even do this.
    Now here is where you need to purchase Dragon Naturally Speaking (if you don't already have it). It has a "Transcribe Recording" feature where you choose the wav file and it will convert the wav file of your recording to text. There will be some errors which you will have to correct, but it does work and I use the voice recording feature on my Storm for this.
    02-20-09 07:17 PM
    There is a Google app called Google Voice that can do what you want sort of. Create a Google voice account so it manages your voice-mail. it will automatically transcribe your voice-mails to text and email them or text them to you. Then just phone yourself and leave voicemails to yourself.

It is nice because some other computer crunches your sound files for you, but you have you use their voice-mail service and Google will now have even more info about you.

Oxen
    06-10-10 03:44 PM
    GV is great except its extremely hard to get unless you know someone that has an invite.

I've been trying to get an account forever for business, sadly I haven't been that lucky.

PM1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 12:41 AM
    I have an habit of recording my phone conversations, I want a text converter to convert this .amr files into text files. I know its not possible but i wish some one would develop such an app in near future.
    07-13-13 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD