The Prime Music app does show up in the Amazon App store for my Z30 just in case you need to know. I did not install it though.

But let me ask a question. Is Prime Music simply included in my Prime Membership? I've not really explored it since joining a few months ago!
    Yes it certainly is included! I have it on my Z10 and it works pretty good.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    FF22 likes this.
    01-16-16 03:41 PM
    Yeah I am prime member and have prime music running at all times. I love the app as well but it does have some issues on my z10 not sure why but a lot of buffering. So I prefer to play it on my desktop instead.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 06:28 PM
    No hiccups with my method and this version

Streams almost instantly!

SQC100-4/Classic-Black/OtterBox Case
    01-16-16 06:52 PM
    Surprisingly, the 5.1.1 App on my Berry streams more efficiently than the Apps on my iPhone and Droid. Both of those Apps are current and are running on current OS versions of their phones.. It's odd because you'd think that the iOS or Droid versions would run smoother, but they do not. Hey, I don't look a gift horse in the mouth.... so to speak. It works GREAT on my Berry and I'm blown away. Absolutely no complaints. Not even one hiccup in three solid days of heavy streaming. I expected it to be buggy and it's not. It's flawless so far.
    01-16-16 10:11 PM
    Yes, Amazon Music is included with amazon prime membership.

In the USA at least.

IMHO it's better than Pandora, spotify, Google, or itunes radio.

It doesn't have the selection the others have though, IIRC.
    01-16-16 10:18 PM
    It doesn't have the selection the others have though, IIRC.
    That's not even in the ballpark of an apples-to-apples comparison.

You have to remember, Amazon Prime Music is not a stand-alone music subscription service like the others you are comparing it to. It's a part of the Amazon Prime service as a whole. You get Prime Music, but you also get unlimited Prime Video and unlimited Prime Shipping in the same package. When you compare all of these things, Prime is unmatched. Also, if you compare Prime Music playlist or station streaming to Pandora or Spotify playlist or station streaming, then you are not correct. Prime Stations and Playlists have every bit the depth of music selection for these types of streams that Pandora or Spotify does. In many cases, they have more options available to you. Prime Music also gives you unlimited skips Forward or Backward with Track Scrubbing to your heart's content. You don't get that with other services at some of their package level costs.

If you compare Prime to Spotify on an album-to-album exact album streaming on demand comparison, then no, you can't call up the depth of albums on demand that you can on Spotify. But as part of the Amazon Prime Package, it's quite amazing. After all, you can't order up millions of Videos on demand that are included at no extra cost with your Spotify or Pandora subscription can you? Of course not. And does Pandora or Spotify give you free two day shipping on tens of millions of items you can purchase? Of course not. As part of the Amazon Prime Package, Amazon Prime Music is quite simply a great service. And when you combine it with the Amazon Music Cloud Storage where your personal music is seamlessly integrated with Amazon Prime Music, well, then it's an unbeatable music service that only gets better over time.
    01-17-16 06:49 AM
    That's not even in the ballpark of an apples-to-apples comparison.

You have to remember, Amazon Prime Music is not a stand-alone music subscription service like the others you are comparing it to. It's a part of the Amazon Prime service as a whole. You get Prime Music, but you also get unlimited Prime Video and unlimited Prime Shipping in the same package. When you compare all of these things, Prime is unmatched. Also, if you compare Prime Music playlist or station streaming to Pandora or Spotify playlist or station streaming, then you are not correct. Prime Stations and Playlists have every bit the depth of music selection for these types of streams that Pandora or Spotify does. In many cases, they have more options available to you. Prime Music also gives you unlimited skips Forward or Backward with Track Scrubbing to your heart's content. You don't get that with other services at some of their package level costs.

If you compare Prime to Spotify on an album-to-album exact album streaming on demand comparison, then no, you can't call up the depth of albums on demand that you can on Spotify. But as part of the Amazon Prime Package, it's quite amazing. After all, you can't order up millions of Videos on demand that are included at no extra cost with your Spotify or Pandora subscription can you? Of course not. And does Pandora or Spotify give you free two day shipping on tens of millions of items you can purchase? Of course not. As part of the Amazon Prime Package, Amazon Prime Music is quite simply a great service. And when you combine it with the Amazon Music Cloud Storage where your personal music is seamlessly integrated with Amazon Prime Music, well, then it's an unbeatable music service that only gets better over time.
    As a Prime customer, you won't ever see me not sing the praises of the program as a whole. We certainly love it.

From a raw value standpoint, it's phenomenal. Prime music + Prime video + Prime Now + more? Fantastic for our needs. Ordering and getting stuff in 2 hours is insane!

Much as I like the music portion, and agree that it's a great add-on for Prime customers, we still pay for it. Comparing it directly with Play Music (which offers similar services for $9.99/month), I do find the latter has a better selection, and more free mp3 offerings.

Of course, the true test is value. I'm paying $1 for 90 days of Play Music. When the 90 days are up, I'll most likely return to Amazon Music LOL.
    01-17-16 07:35 AM
    Does any of this work in Canada? Last time I checked Prime, about 2 years ago, the streaming services for music and video were US only. If the service still doesn't work in Canada officially, is there a workaround to get it?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    01-17-16 09:59 AM
    This is what is included with Amazon Prime membership.

Quoted exactly from amazons website

*USA*
    "As a Prime member, you get FREE Two-Day shipping, unlimited photo storage and exclusive access to movies, music and kindle books."

Posted for people who are curious about Prime.

01-17-16 10:30 AM
    Does any of this work in Canada? Last time I checked Prime, about 2 years ago, the streaming services for music and video were US only. If the service still doesn't work in Canada officially, is there a workaround to get it?

*Canada*

"Get FREE Two-Day shipping, discounted One-Day shipping and unlimited photo storage, when you start a free trial of Amazon Prime."

So...looks like no movies, music or books included...bummer

Not sure about a workaround...

01-17-16 10:34 AM
    Yes it certainly is included! I have it on my Z10 and it works pretty good.

From reading, you are really borrowing the music while you subscribe to Prime. You do not own it and can't keep it beyond membership.
    01-17-16 11:58 AM
    From reading, you are really borrowing the music while you subscribe to Prime. You do not own it and can't keep it beyond membership.
    Yes, that appears to be true. You can't download any songs to your computer. They just stay in the Amazon Prime Music cloud and can't be accessed any other way.

FF22 likes this.
    01-17-16 12:33 PM
    You can in fact download any of the music and play it through the Amazon music app for offline use.

I have somewhere around 8,000 songs that I can listen to without WiFi or data.

Still adding more to my offline collection

Search Google for amazon application for pc or Mac they have both. (giving you the ability to download to your computer for offline use)

Last edited by Nance_Luke; 01-17-16 at 12:57 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-16 12:45 PM
    You can in fact download any of the music and play it through the Amazon music app for offline use.

I have somewhere around 8,000 songs that I can listen to without WiFi or data.

Still adding more to my offline collection

That's true. But you can't keep any of the Amazon music unless you buy it , or subscribe to Amazon Prime for the rest of your life. You can copy your own music to the Amazon Prime Music cloud and access it offline .

FF22 likes this.
    01-17-16 12:59 PM
    This is what is included with Amazon Prime membership.

Quoted exactly from amazons website

*USA*
    "As a Prime member, you get FREE Two-Day shipping, unlimited photo storage and exclusive access to movies, music and kindle books."

Posted for people who are curious about Prime.

I frequently forget about the free Photo storage (I need to get on that!) and the free Kindle books. I think you get one Kindle book a month. Not a huge perk, but a perk none the less.

Someone I know recently asked me if I was happy with the sound quality of Amazon Prime. As far as Amazon Streaming, if you are like me and most of the World Population, the 256 AAC that Prime Music streams at is going to sound fabulous to your ears. I have a lot of FLAC Lossless Files that I own, and yes they are spectacular, but I have a very tough time sensing any fidelity difference above the 256 AAC threshold of streaming bit rate. I wish I had not attended so many live Rock and Jazz concerts. Perhaps I would be able to discern the differences above 256 bit rates better if my ears had not be subjected to 115 decibel levels in my youth.

Regardless, I'm not going anywhere as far as Amazon Prime is concerned. I'm a guaranteed customer for them. Prime Music, to me, is very important in my daily life. It's constantly streaming Prime Music and my personal library. Life is good now that I have the app on my Blackberry. Very good.

I'm shocked that my Canadian brothers are not getting the same benefits of Amazon Prime as we are in the US. That's not like Bezos to segregate like that. There must be a huge financial barrier for those items with crossing the border.
    01-17-16 04:58 PM

I'm shocked that my Canadian brothers are not getting the same benefits of Amazon Prime as we are in the US. That's not like Bezos to segregate like that. There must be a huge financial barrier for those items with crossing the border.
    It's a matter of licensing. Different rules in Canada, with no change in sight. Our Netflix service has far fewer shows and movies than Netflix in the US, but people can access US Netflix through proxy servers that spoof US addresses. I was hoping something similar was available for Amazon Prime.

01-18-16 07:58 AM
    It's a matter of licensing. Different rules in Canada, with no change in sight. Our Netflix service has far fewer shows and movies than Netflix in the US, but people can access US Netflix through proxy servers that spoof US addresses. I was hoping something similar was available for Amazon Prime.

Ouch.

Well, I'd think that your User ID would identify you as a Canadian user and block US Streaming of Amazon. Netflix I can believe you could spoof with a ghost IP, but Amazon I would think would be harder, as they are now an entrenched IT company with Cloud Based Computing. I'd think as soon as you put in your user ID, you'd be stuck as "Canadian" regardless of where your IP is ghosting from.

I figured it had to be something Amazon could not easily overcome, or they would have. I did not join Amazon Prime just for the free 2 day shipping, and believe me, if it was ONLY that, I would not have joined. But when you roll in Amazon Prime Music and Prime Video, it's a big score.

Their Amazon Produced series are truly spectacular, and remind me of HBO Productions back when HBO was really producing extremely high quality and edgy shows. "The Man in the High Castle" by Ridley Scott is spectacular as is "Mozart in the Jungle". There are other pilots that I hope continue as well, and now they are producing the new "Top Gear" with the guys from Great Britain, although they won't be calling it "Top Gear" and they can't use icons like "The Stig" as they are owned by the BBC.

It really stinks that my Canadian Brothers are locked out of this media streaming.
    01-18-16 02:30 PM
    Hello guys and gals.

I'm a big Amazon Prime fan. I watch a lot of Amazon Prime TV via Fire TV Stick and I am a HUGE Amazon Prime Music Fan. I've also Ripped my entire CD Collection to the Amazon Cloud for Playback via Amazon Prime Music. And, I happen to have an Amazon Echo that I use regularly. If this device had a Bluetooth Output so I could port it to my Vintage High Performance Stereo for true high fidelity playback, I'd be in 7th Heaven, but that's another story.

I was shocked to actually find an Amazon "Alexa" App for the Echo on Amazon's Appstore for BB10. I also was shocked to find an Amazon Fire TV App in their Appstore for BB10. These are very nice and well appreciated, but the most important App for my BB10 to me is an Amazon Prime Music App. Seriously, it's the ONLY App that is missing for me that would make the BB10 the ultimate phone in the world for this user. Truly. And there isn't one in the Appstore. Yes, I know that everyone has "Their" particular App that they need, and it's near impossible to satisfy everyone, but I am shocked that there is an Alexa App and a Fire TV App but no Amazon Prime Music. It's really a big issue to me.

I currently carry a newer Android on a 2nd line and I use this mostly for streaming Amazon Prime Music.

Has anyone had any luck side-loading an Amazon Prime Music that actually works well? I'm not a fan of side-loading Droid Apps as the one's I've side-loaded did not run well at all.

Thanks for the input in advance.
    Amazon Fire TV app doesn't work for me on my Z-30.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 07:20 AM
43 12