It appears that Amazon is going to replace the popular feature with an app called Amazon Underground. Amazon will promote its free apps in new Underground section | The Verge

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 10:56 AM
    It appears that Amazon is going to replace the popular feature with an app called Amazon Underground. Amazon will promote its free apps in new Underground section | The Verge

Posted via CB10
    Just the name makes me a little concerned.... Amazon is looking to get something for these "free" apps.
    08-26-15 11:50 AM
    Amazon Underground app is available for download in Amazon Appstore:
    Amazon ending "Free app of the day"-img_20150826_100629.png

Just a hunch, but we can probably expect a Blog story on this up on the front page.

*EDIT*
    Here's a screenshot with whole app description:
    Attachment 368462

Amazon Underground *IS* the Amazon shopping app re-branded, obviously with this new free app content.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 08-26-15 at 12:52 PM.
    08-26-15 12:10 PM
    Seems as if they are implying that it is an 'alternate' market place to the Google Play Store. Almost as if conceding they are a second tier source. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 12:44 PM
    I just fought with my phone all day over this. Went to get free app of day and says I need to update the Amazon app to Amazon underground. Downloads and updates the Amazon app to underground then phone completely freezes and have to pull battery. Nothing would work. Took 3 times restarting phone with battery pull from it freezing for it to finally update amazon app to underground and work. Well once I open amazon underground, it loads amazon app, once I go to a game and click it says I have to update to Amazon underground, hmm ok the icon says that??? Then I say ok update and it downloads then opens the installer and just says open. So I said screw it I'm done messing it today

 / Verizon / BlackBerry Z10 / STL100-4 / OS 10.3.2.858 / SR 10.3.2.556 / BBM 334EEE0D / 
    08-26-15 01:25 PM
    I did notice somewhere it says amazon underground uses amazon coins

 / Verizon / BlackBerry Z10 / STL100-4 / OS 10.3.2.858 / SR 10.3.2.556 / BBM 334EEE0D / 
    08-26-15 01:26 PM
    And this is why BlackBerry is going to offer Android..LOL....

Consumers want apps, that's obvious. Why it takes so long for people to accept this for the company to grow is beyond me.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 01:31 PM
    Yes, I wondered where the Free App of the day went when one was featured in the last blog post... :-)

(Australia)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    08-26-15 02:58 PM
    I never use any Amazon apps. I find that they run even worse than Android apps I download from Snap.

Snap should cover most of your Android app needs.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 01:29 AM
    I downloaded several apps from Amazon Underground. Here's the catch, Data Tracking must be turned on. That is how the developers are now getting paid, by the minute. Amazon must track the time the app is being used to pay the developer.
    I deleted those apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    08-27-15 03:00 AM
    I started using Amazon again when they started with the free app of the day. It seemed like they were on the right track to something as it was a solid extension of their general offerings. It led me to even get Amazon Prime and Fire TV.
    Now they have royally screwed it up. Underground is nothing but a shameless portal into their regular website. I already have the regular Amazon app. Why do I need other ways to get into it? I am getting so sick of everything Internet. As a consumer/pro-sumer I am getting burned out.

Posted via CB10
    graylingboy and brookie229 like this.
    08-31-15 10:29 AM
    Seems as if they are implying that it is an 'alternate' market place to the Google Play Store. Almost as if conceding they are a second tier source. Weird.
    The Amazon Marketplace got itself kicked out of the Google Play Store because it violated the "store within an app that doesn't use Google's payment structure" rule. Amazon is trying to use this tactic of offering free apps to get people to sideload the Amazon Marketplace on their phones so that Amazon can bill users directly for its app and for the in-app purchases that they contain, and so all users will have the Amazon retail store (which the app contains) on their phones.

Unfortunately, Amazon isn't nearly as vigilant as Google is about in-app purchase abuses and other things, so be careful should you choose to do so.
    08-31-15 11:31 PM
    BBW or Snap in that order for moi from now on. It's this underhand way of doing business that keeps me away from all things apple. Not what I need.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 09:10 AM