Since BlackBerry has amazon appstore on its all phones running 10.3.1 os but on BlackBerry world there is no app by Amazon.
    And the amazon appstore is not built for BlackBerry it should be built for BlackBerry as more or less who is running 10.3.1 are some how using Amazon appstore.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 03:03 AM
    well the amazon app store more or less already runs on a BlackBerry so why would they have to change the app?
    1raygin likes this.
    05-26-15 05:19 AM
    But other apps by Amazon should be available on BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 05:56 AM
    They aren't gonna waste time and money building a native Amazon App store, it would be pointless
    05-26-15 06:08 AM
    It's an Android app... for getting Android apps.

Only native apps can receive "Built for BlackBerry" status. Unless Amazon makes a native version, it'll just be an Android app that runs on BB10.
    05-26-15 04:17 PM
    I think the OP may be on to something here...

Posted from my Kick@ss AT&T Passport.
    05-26-15 04:19 PM
    Just integrate amazon apps into bbworld

Via Passport 
    05-26-15 04:43 PM
    Just integrate amazon apps into bbworld

Via Passport 
    Is there not enough cr*p on there already? :P
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 05-27-15 at 02:54 AM.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    05-26-15 05:43 PM
    Just because Amazon allowed BB to pre-load the Amazon Marketplace on BB devices doesn't mean that Amazon has any interest in spending money to make a BB10-native version of the store that they then have to maintain, all for a userbase of 10M users, many of whom will never install an app from the Amazon Marketplace.

Amazon is busy trying to sell their own devices and services - it's BB's job to support BB.
    bakron1 and Bbnivende like this.
    05-26-15 06:25 PM

Amazon is busy trying to sell their own devices and services - it's BB's job to support BB.
    Now there's an idea, BlackBerry could build the store themselves native like they have Facebook Twitter etc.. but I don't see that happening.

I try to support amazon, but it's just annoying when they have some apps that I know work because I've got them from Google Play but amazon won't let me install them

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-26-15 06:49 PM
    My Amazon app store won't open and I realise that android apps from snap wont load on it either so.its alright native for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-15 08:13 PM
    Just because Amazon allowed BB to pre-load the Amazon Marketplace on BB devices doesn't mean that Amazon has any interest in spending money to make a BB10-native version of the store that they then have to maintain, all for a userbase of 10M users, many of whom will never install an app from the Amazon Marketplace.

Since no android user is interested in amazon appstore as thay have play store, so it is beneficial for Amazon to be on BlackBerry as from that they get user so they should do something for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:39 AM
    A native, Built For BlackBerry Amazon App Store application that allows us to download apps that were never really meant for BlackBerry devices to begin with?

I love irony.
    asherN and Rello like this.
    05-27-15 01:02 AM
    A native, Built For BlackBerry Amazon App Store application that allows us to download apps that were never really meant for BlackBerry devices to begin with?

I love irony.
    No but other apps by Amazon should be available on BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 01:40 AM
    Something like SNAP?
    05-27-15 01:48 AM
    As Troy said, it's Blackberrys job to support their own platform. As far as the Amazon App Store goes, unless you can have 100% compatibility with Google play services, your still putting a band aid on a festering wound.

I still stay the solution is to have a hybrid Android based OS with a Blackberry OS10 skin. That way folks can have the app availability that every one else is already using and the issue would be solved once and for all, just my two cents.
    Norg and LazyEvul like this.
    05-27-15 03:29 AM
    The amazon app give me nothing but problems, and I can't even delete it easily because it's "official." Make it a real app for BlackBerry or don't.
    05-27-15 12:39 PM
    The litmus test of BB10's Android capabilities is whether it runs apps properly, and what would be the best point to start measuring this than the entry point, which is the App store itself...?

Sure, a native app will certainly perform better, but it's really kinda contradictory to make one, imho... :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-27-15 11:44 PM
    Amazon should make an app that has those applications which work on BlackBerry and also provide update when there is an update

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:35 AM
    As Troy said, it's Blackberrys job to support their own platform. As far as the Amazon App Store goes, unless you can have 100% compatibility with Google play services, your still putting a band aid on a festering wound.

I still stay the solution is to have a hybrid Android based OS with a Blackberry OS10 skin. That way folks can have the app availability that every one else is already using and the issue would be solved once and for all, just my two cents.
    The problem is (according to Chen) is that only BlackBerry can offer a secure platform that is required by some Enterprise customers . A higher level of security than Android. If BlackBerry makes a Android phone they would have to give up their Run time on BB10 phones. This would mean that Enterprise customers would have a choice of highly secure with hardly any apps or Android security with lots of apps. I think BlackBerry's current half assed approach works well enough right now given that their chosen market is Enterprise.
    05-28-15 10:09 PM