Wanted to see if anyone else has a cool or amazing story that involved a BB.

My story:

I went to the hospital for a pain in my back, come to find out I have some kind of blocked tube from my kidney and had to have a tube put though my back to save my life until I can have major surgery.

Well one day my wife took me to the park downtown to get out etc. There was this radio block party and tmo was there. My wife won a BB pearl and gave it to me since I am a tech geek and she wanted to see me smile after all pain I was in. The next day our other cell phone was stolen which had my doctors numbers. I was able to use my new BB to find the docs number and I was able to email my insurance about all the issues and the needs I had. Currently my pearl tells me when its safe to take my pain killers, keeps my schedule for doctor visits and is always there when I need to call for major problems and its even helped my doctor since my wife was able to take a picture of the tube sight so he could advise us what to do.

Not totally amazing but its a story about a BB keeping a man alive better then any device I know of.(smart phones)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by macgyver2; 06-22-08 at 11:47 PM.
    06-22-08 11:43 PM
    Wow that's amazing macgyver2.

Good luck with your health concerns.
    06-22-08 11:48 PM
    Nope, I don't have a story.

06-22-08 11:54 PM
    Even if I had a story, it would pale in comparison to yours. For someone who has been through so much due to your illness, I salute you for looking on the Bright side of things, and taking advantage of your BB in better assisting you in your everyday life. I wish you all the success in your coming procedure and a long and prosperous life ahead of you.
    CrackBlack.
    06-23-08 12:04 AM
    Wanted to see if anyone else has a cool or amazing story that involved a BB.

My story:

I went to the hospital for a pain in my back, come to find out I have some kind of blocked tube from my kidney and had to have a tube put though my back to save my life until I can have major surgery.

Well one day my wife took me to the park downtown to get out etc. There was this radio block party and tmo was there. My wife won a BB pearl and gave it to me since I am a tech geek and she wanted to see me smile after all pain I was in. The next day our other cell phone was stolen which had my doctors numbers. I was able to use my new BB to find the docs number and I was able to email my insurance about all the issues and the needs I had. Currently my pearl tells me when its safe to take my pain killers, keeps my schedule for doctor visits and is always there when I need to call for major problems and its even helped my doctor since my wife was able to take a picture of the tube sight so he could advise us what to do.

Not totally amazing but its a story about a BB keeping a man alive better then any device I know of.(smart phones)

And this is the joy of these smartphones/pdas--I keep my life and the lives of those I love in my bb (and formerly in my Palm) It is wonderful to be able to have the info handy......Now, I just need someone in the bb community to come up with a good blood pressure and diabetes tracking program.
    06-23-08 12:27 AM
    This is my story, but it is nothing compared to yours:
    I was in health class when the teacher walked in. He said take out your essays that were due today. I was sick last class, so I had no idea what he was talking about. He told my I had 45 minutes to get a 2 page essay done, when everyone elts got 4 days to do it! I try to respect my teachers as much as possible, and he was in a bad mood because no one did do their essays, so I did not argue with him. The worst part was, in the beginning of the topic, he said that it benefited only us and we could sleep if we wanted to because we weren't being graded on this unit. So, for the next 5 weeks I was on cb and texting in that class , but I was half listening. (who cares about the 7 habits of a highly successful person? I think by now, we know if we are going to succeed in life or not.) Anyway, The reason no one had their papers was because of what he said at the start of the unit. He also said to take notes only for your personal use, so no one remembered all 7 habits that were taught to us. So I went in the back of the room, and pulled out trusty, old Oswald (aka my 8820) I googled the topic, and the whole class and I got our papers done on time! HA! But the next class, we found out he graded the papers on spelling and handwriting as well as content! I have disgrapha (bad handwriting) and my spelling sucks, so I type and spell check most of my work on my bb, but I couldn't because of his unfair deadlines; so I got a 69, even though the content of my paper was near-perfect! So he told that the essay and another project, only 2 things, made up our final average! I think that is insane. I again whipped out Oswald, made my spelling corrections, and ended up getting a 87 still because of my handwriting. (not my fault I was born not breathing and now I have disgraphia!) I am mostly a straight A student and my average in that class came to be a 78.5, without my bb, it would have been a 69.5 and most of the class would have failed! Thank god for my bb! That is not the only time it has saved me in school. I really hate that teacher Do you guys think that was even remotely right what he did to us? Maybe though, if he was in class at least half the year, our class would have learned something!

Eric N. Cooper
    Last edited by ecooper11; 06-23-08 at 08:05 PM.
    06-23-08 07:58 PM
    Well My blackberry stops global warming. LOL No story here. Sorry guys.
    06-23-08 08:06 PM
    Dude awsome story. Much luck and respect.
    06-23-08 08:24 PM
    All I have is:

I used to have regular cellphone (gasp!), and one day I bought a Blackberry... I was truly amazed at what I was missing all my life, it was love at first web-site... Ummm.. The end...

PS:
    Macgyver2, I so much hope things work out for you, good luck with all that...
    06-23-08 08:26 PM
    Nice story MACGYVER2. I hope you eare ok now.
    06-24-08 07:10 AM
    one day at band camp...........
    06-24-08 07:31 AM
    Eric Cooper, I'm sure you're a great kid and you're going to grow up to be a successful person too being so resourceful but let me just explain a few things to you from an adult perspective....

1) The 7 habits of highly effective people was written for everyone, adults and young people...it has a lot of very useful information in it that we can all learn from.

2) Being so reliant on your BB, you're never going to develop your writing and grammar skills; you can't cheat your way through life.

3) There will come a day when cell phones are vetoed from class and/or work situation and you will be up a creek without a paddle (ever heard that phrase or am I dating myself with these 32 yrs on this planet?)

4) Cheating is Wrong...someday...hopefully you will realize that.

Sorry to the OP but I had to chime in!!
    06-24-08 11:27 AM
    ecoop,
    it's funny wtf cares about health. I'm a straight A student at A&M and I would do the same thing in a health class...i choose what I want to study because I know what I want to do. I'm definitely not wasting precious hours studying Health when I would much more benefit from Cal III or University Physics or whatnot.
    He's a big boy, he already has 2 parents.
    06-24-08 11:36 AM
    My health is semi ok at this point. I have wait until August 20th for the major surgery which isn't what I want at all but..... As far as my BB its a great tool but I also use it for catching up on TV shows that I miss and its my only connection to the net until I get a new laptop. When I do get a laptop I want to use my down time to create some themes for BBs, would love to make some apps but no clue how that's works for BBs.

06-24-08 12:35 PM
    Chicks dig the BlackBerry...
    06-24-08 12:55 PM
    This is my story, but it is nothing compared to yours:
    I was in health class when the teacher walked in. He said take out your essays that were due today. I was sick last class, so I had no idea what he was talking about. He told my I had 45 minutes to get a 2 page essay done, when everyone elts got 4 days to do it! I try to respect my teachers as much as possible, and he was in a bad mood because no one did do their essays, so I did not argue with him. The worst part was, in the beginning of the topic, he said that it benefited only us and we could sleep if we wanted to because we weren't being graded on this unit. So, for the next 5 weeks I was on cb and texting in that class , but I was half listening. (who cares about the 7 habits of a highly successful person? I think by now, we know if we are going to succeed in life or not.) Anyway, The reason no one had their papers was because of what he said at the start of the unit. He also said to take notes only for your personal use, so no one remembered all 7 habits that were taught to us. So I went in the back of the room, and pulled out trusty, old Oswald (aka my 8820) I googled the topic, and the whole class and I got our papers done on time! HA! But the next class, we found out he graded the papers on spelling and handwriting as well as content! I have disgrapha (bad handwriting) and my spelling sucks, so I type and spell check most of my work on my bb, but I couldn't because of his unfair deadlines; so I got a 69, even though the content of my paper was near-perfect! So he told that the essay and another project, only 2 things, made up our final average! I think that is insane. I again whipped out Oswald, made my spelling corrections, and ended up getting a 87 still because of my handwriting. (not my fault I was born not breathing and now I have disgraphia!) I am mostly a straight A student and my average in that class came to be a 78.5, without my bb, it would have been a 69.5 and most of the class would have failed! Thank god for my bb! That is not the only time it has saved me in school. I really hate that teacher Do you guys think that was even remotely right what he did to us? Maybe though, if he was in class at least half the year, our class would have learned something!

Eric N. Cooper
    AWESOME Story!!!

Dm
    06-24-08 01:49 PM
    Well, I had an opportunity to help this past sunday.
    one of the members of my church had left with another members keys. No one had her phone number so I asked if it was in the online directory for our church. Apparently it was and I went online from my blackberry and retrieved the number for the lady that took the other person's keys by mistake. She met us at the church and returned the missing keys.

Dm
    06-24-08 01:52 PM
    flchick75,

1. I know that book may help some people, but I find it to be a pointless waste of time and reading.
    2. I have very good writing and grammar skills, but my handwriting sucks. On my writing essay for my Social Studies state test, I got a 4.5 out of 5 and get 4 out of 4 on every ELA test so far.
    3. They are already banned from class, which I don't get because a BlackBerry could be a very good learning tool for students.
    4. I consider cheating looking up answers during a test or something that we can't use our notes for. We could use our notes, but no one took them because of what he said. I have never cheated in school, and never plan on doing so.

06-24-08 02:03 PM
    Very good story. BB's can and do save lifes. Not literally but, they are a huge nice things to have.
    06-24-08 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";