05-10-09 04:54 PM
Pretty simple really.
Now if I could just get the voice commands to play correctly and not get clipped off.12-22-08 11:04 AM
- 12-22-08 11:36 AM
- It works on the Bold (using it NOW) and found addresses that Blackberry Maps and Google Maps didn't. However, I miss Telenav's tight address book integration, estimated time of arrival, and more rich verbal directions. Still, since Telenav doesn't suppor the Bold it is the best available other than AT&T Navigator. As an aside, I have tried to cancel Telenav since before I bought the Bold and just now got an email stating that my monthly payment had been processed today...for a service I cannot use...after several emails to cancel. Buncha thieves.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com12-22-08 06:31 PM
Edit: Just saw orangeagent's post. You are not alone in having to run BB Maps or Google Maps before amAze.
Last edited by hubermania; 12-27-08 at 04:51 PM.12-27-08 04:47 PM
- 12-27-08 05:11 PM
- Try starting BB Maps before you start amAze. I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here, but on my Flip amAze won't initiate the BT connection to my GPS on its own. If I run BB Maps first to do the linkup, amAze sees the GPS just fine. I can then exit BB Maps and amAze keeps right on trucking.
Edit: Just saw orangeagent's post. You are not alone in having to run BB Maps or Google Maps before amAze.01-02-09 10:26 AM
- I downloaded this to my curve on AT&T and I gotta say I am not really impressed, navigating the menus with the trackball is cumbersome and the application runs slow. On top of that if I want satellite view all I get is "no data" squares so I have to use the stupid looking map view. On top of that there are no voice prompts at all. I guess I expected more from all the reviews.01-05-09 06:17 AM
- I downloaded this to my curve on AT&T and I gotta say I am not really impressed, navigating the menus with the trackball is cumbersome and the application runs slow. On top of that if I want satellite view all I get is "no data" squares so I have to use the stupid looking map view. On top of that there are no voice prompts at all. I guess I expected more from all the reviews.
I had version 4.2 or whatever installed on my Curve 8310... for a free application thought it was cool but needed some improvement. Probably used it 4 or 5 times.
Started it up a few weeks ago and got the message saying update 4.5 was available, so I thought GREAT! maybe they had rectified the niggles and made the app more awesome...sadly I was wrong.
First problem was trying to do the update...clicking the prompt did nothing! I eventually took the long route and went through the website to download again which took a further few tries as the server was always timing out!
So now the app was on the phone, but now it wouldnt even start up....kept getting the 'communication error' message for about a week...very annoyed! as it had replaced v4.2 which actually worked with no problems! but there was no way to downgrade.
By this time I had upgraded to the Javelin (curve 2).
Tried the install again.
Went through the same problems as I did on my curve 8310. But eventually it installed but again wasn't able to start up.
At this stage Amaze 4.5 was getting real close to being deleted!
So I went off to search for other free nav apps, and along came Nav4All and NavTel.
I wont go into detail about these two, other then nav4all worked flawlessly, loads of options, quick UI, just lacks 3d map and unimaginative start up screen...(what's the relevance with the girl?)
lastly NavTel, the impression I got from users on here, was that it was like nav4all and amazegps combined... my initial thought was, a very clean and speedy UI unfortunately thats how far I got with the app, could never get the GPS to connect. and despite what some people have said, it's not free.. its a demo which requires an activation code to make use of the full features.
So that brings me back to Amaze 4.5, rebooted my curve 8900 yesterday and thought i'd give the app one last try before it gets trashed...so there I was outside and low and behold it started! not sure why, as Im pretty sure I've done one or two soft resets in the last few days, tried the app and still had no joy.
So the big question is, am I impressed? and honestly I'm not. Great potential but so damn slow and I hate the button configurations...e.g using the # key and @ key for commands is very annoying.
Last edited by The Gift; 01-16-09 at 05:27 AM.01-16-09 05:19 AM
- 01-22-09 07:55 PM
- 01-24-09 11:30 PM
- 01-25-09 07:45 PM
- I use AmAze on my curve & it always worked just fine. Voice was clear. Accurate directions. The only bad thing is that it slows down my phone & causes it to freeze up. I've constantly had to re-boot my phone in the last couple days. All in all, if I didn't need it right now then I would have deleted it yesterday.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com05-10-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD