Just wanted to tell everyone that amAzeGPS just released a new version, v4.5. I'm using a BB 8130 OS v4.5.0.89, and now the voice prompts for turns are back. To download, enter http://wap.amazegps.com on your BB for OTA, or http://www.amazegps.com for PC download.

Elrohir59
    12-06-08 10:01 PM
    it would be nice to see if it would work on Verizon... I'm sure it won't.... Yet...
    12-07-08 08:04 AM
    I did an ota install of amAzeGPS to my verizon 8830; no problem at all. Of course, I'm using a BT puck (globalSAT). In fact, I dl'ed it to my microSD card (using Aerize) and it runs fine.

My only problem - and I'm sure I haven't adjusted the right setting - is I haven't gotten my maps in 3-D

Sound files are still clipped at the end, but I hear more than I have before!
    Last edited by pick; 12-07-08 at 03:15 PM. Reason: add info re: gps receiver
    12-07-08 03:14 PM
    I just installed the amAzeGPS to my BB Curve OTA and it was pretty easy, now to go out and give it a try. If this works as good as it sounds, then I can get rid of the telenav that at&t uses. Wish me luck and thanks for the heads-up
    12-07-08 05:14 PM
    Its a nice app especially since its free just wish it wasn't so cartoony

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 06:11 PM
    I just installed the amAzeGPS to my BB Curve OTA and it was pretty easy, now to go out and give it a try. If this works as good as it sounds, then I can get rid of the telenav that at&t uses. Wish me luck and thanks for the heads-up
    BlackIce325,

Good luck! Tell us how it goes for you.

Elrohir59
    12-07-08 07:54 PM
    What amAzes me most is it actually works quite well for in Australia

The accent files, dunno what it is, and I'm not trying to be rude or insult anyone here, but aussies seem to have a natural dislike for US accents on things like this, although I must admit the audio files with Asterisk grate my nerves 100x worst.

So... does anyone with British or Aussie accent files for this software?
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 12-07-08 at 10:16 PM.
    12-07-08 10:13 PM
    I have amazegps on my bold and I love it so far. It's easy to use and it's free!!! =)
    12-10-08 10:24 AM
    It's easy to use
    That's going a bit far, they didn't bother to change the interface very much from any other j2me app and it makes it harder to use as you have to remember to use it differently to other BB apps.
    12-10-08 08:18 PM
    Has anyone had any luck with this on the Storm? I see it is listed as a supported device but it can never find satellites even when BB Maps can.
    12-11-08 09:12 AM
    just got the curve and downloaded amaze. i can see all the features but it says that there is no satellite signal. but it works with google maps and the signal is fine.
    12-16-08 05:04 PM
    doesnt work on the storm very well
    12-16-08 06:51 PM
    girly and imann101 it may not work well/at all on Verizon cause of the games they play with GPS to charge extra to unlock it etc. or used to, well they said they unlocked it, but apps have to apply for the keys or something to get the signal.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 12-16-08 at 11:14 PM.
    12-16-08 11:11 PM
    I've downloaded and tried the app twice, no go for me. BBMaps works like a charm. VZW unlocked the GPS but only for use with BBMaps and VZNav? Arg...
    12-17-08 10:00 AM
    It works on the Bold (using it NOW) and found addresses that Blackberry Maps and Google Maps didn't. However, I miss Telenav's tight address book integration, estimated time of arrival, and more rich verbal directions. Still, since Telenav doesn't suppor the Bold it is the best available other than AT&T Navigator. As an aside, I have tried to cancel Telenav since before I bought the Bold and just now got an email stating that my monthly payment had been processed today...for a service I cannot use...after several emails to cancel. Buncha thieves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 10:19 AM
    I upgraded to the 4.5 and that went smoothly, but BE WARNED! At least on mine, the install erased all my favorites. Luckily I didn't have that many, but what a pain.

When installing, it recognized the 4.2 was installed and asked for permission to upgrade. I mistakenly thought it would save settings and favorites. Nope.

Anyway, I like the app, and can't complain too much, considering what I paid for it.

Michael
    12-17-08 10:40 AM
    I have a 8330 and in order for Amaze to lock on to GPS, I have to start up Blackberry Maps or Google Maps and let one or the other lock on first, then Amaze will work. If I just start Amaze, it will not lock onto GPS. Anybody else have this problem? BTW, I'm using the latest version of Amaze.
    12-18-08 09:40 AM
    At a guess it sounds like an oversight in the RIM code, if something can authenticate an unlock the GPS functionality then it seems amaze (and probably other software too)
    12-18-08 10:21 AM
    I have a 8330 and in order for Amaze to lock on to GPS, I have to start up Blackberry Maps or Google Maps and let one or the other lock on first, then Amaze will work. If I just start Amaze, it will not lock onto GPS. Anybody else have this problem? BTW, I'm using the latest version of Amaze.
    I have never had this issue, neither with 4.2 nor 4.5. Always locks right on. In less than 30 seconds.

Michael
    12-18-08 11:23 AM
    Amaze doesn't work for me, even if I start BBMpas (which does work) to get a GPS signal.
    12-18-08 11:46 AM
    I can't get it to work either, and it's basically just annoying. The "back" and "accept" commands requiring use of the "alt" key??? And the input for addresses is also annoying. Plus it won't find a satellite, and I'm about done trying it out! Is ATT Navigator any good? Anyone know what it costs?
    12-18-08 06:22 PM
    It's hit or miss. Not bad, a little slow, and crap UI. It can do a BASIC job. You get who you pay for. Between this and Google Maps, I got rid of the 10 bucks a month Telenav.
    12-18-08 11:18 PM
    BBMaps navigates well, I was looking at amaze for the voice navigation but it's not working for me.
    12-18-08 11:43 PM
    I can't get it to work either, and it's basically just annoying. The "back" and "accept" commands requiring use of the "alt" key??? And the input for addresses is also annoying. Plus it won't find a satellite, and I'm about done trying it out! Is ATT Navigator any good? Anyone know what it costs?
    I never use the alt key, just press the indicated key. Works for me.

Michael
    12-19-08 03:47 PM
    Are you sure that it doesn't work for you? for me it works great.
    did you tried to wait long enough under open sky?
    12-22-08 02:55 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD