anyone use this? I just downloaded it to my pearl, hoping it works ok...the website is amazegps.com its a free gps system, hopefully i can use it on my verizon, its going through the set up righ tnow
    02-05-08 12:44 AM
    i tried it on my 8310... i found it to load really really slow. and then i could only get it to work every once and a while. But for some weird reason not everyone has the same luck so maybe it will work for you. The video on their site looks like it works awesome for them.
    02-12-08 12:56 PM
    I have in on my 8900 and its awesome. Even works inside my house. Which is cool, even though I don't get any other kind of cell reception in my house lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 12:28 AM
    anyone use this? I just downloaded it to my pearl, hoping it works ok...the website is amazegps.com its a free gps system, hopefully i can use it on my verizon, its going through the set up righ tnow
    It won't work on any Verizon phone except for the Storm. Verizon has locked down the GPS so that third party apps cannot use it. It's a shame, it is a nice app.
    06-02-09 07:06 AM
    It works on my curve but it is a little slow. Sometimes the gps thinks I am 200 feet or more farther away when it tells me to turn in the city. It works well on long trips on the highway though. You are going to have to buy a BT GPS for it to work though. I had to run GPSed first then amaze sees the BT GPS.
    06-02-09 02:10 PM
    I downloaded it yesterday and it won't lock onto GPS for me. I have tried it several times. Blackberry maps works just fine with GPS and Googlemaps gets close. I am on Verizon and they have unlocked the GPS for use.
    06-02-09 08:15 PM
    When did vzw unlock the gps? Bbmaps will work on vzw and google will use the cell towers to get close but afaik vznav is the only other gps app that will work on vzw.

06-02-09 08:19 PM
    When did vzw unlock the gps? Bbmaps will work on vzw and google will use the cell towers to get close but afaik vznav is the only other gps app that will work on vzw.

In another thread that I can't find now, it is mentioned that GPS is unlocked for Verizon, however, it may not have been mentioned that it only worked with BBmaps, VZNAV and Google.

I'm still new to this, so I was just going by what I've read before. However, since what you have mentioned about BBmaps and Google, it corresponds to what I've been seeing on my Curve.

Amaze is supposed to work with verizon phones (besides Storm, unless I misread that info too) so I tried it and using it, and am not getting that to work.

Thanks for the info about the GPS, now if BBmaps could be upgraded for voice directions, that would be awesome
    06-02-09 08:34 PM
    amaze does not work on my verizon curve 8330 without using my BT GPS. Google maps works but only by cell phone triangulation. If I use my BT GPS then google maps shows my position within 3 meters.
    06-04-09 04:40 PM
    I got it to work on my uscc curve today; tool about 3 minutes initially to lock on gps but now much quicker. Not as cool as googlemaps but not bad

06-04-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD