Simply put.....4.7 would "Navigate here" and 5.0 won't unless I pay the $33/year subscription. The basic/free 5.0 version is kind of useless if it won't navigate.

IMO, it was a trick. I get a link saying that version 5.0 was available, but it never told me that it wouldn't have the usability of 4.X. I realize it's cheaper than Verizon Nav, but I don't really use it that much.

5.0 does seem more user friendly and has many more cool functions, but the basic is useless compared to 4.X basic. Again....I may upgrade, but this is fair warning to any others.
    12-17-09 02:36 PM
    Great navigation is my reason for a Garmin Nuvi 765T. Makes a great bluetooth hands-free device for my Tour while in the car too
    12-17-09 02:53 PM
    Looks like Amaze pre 5.0 versions won't after Jan 1, 2010. I like the product, so I might end up paying, instead of searching for other free GPS
    12-24-09 06:55 PM
    How do people like Amaze? I am considering buying it for 3 months ($3.99/month) for when I'm working in Europe since it covers the countries I need over there. After that I can survive with Sprint GPS in the US.

Is it decent or is there something better for the Tour that covers Europe?
    12-24-09 11:39 PM
    I'm still using the trial of the 5.0 full version and so far it worked great. It didn't seem to be slow at all to me. Once it locked on it was good to go and i was able to navigate to a restaurant I was looking for in the LA hills. I may be considering buying the yearly subscription since that is peanuts compared to VZ navigator $10 + tax every month. Even if it doesn't get me a latte while I'm driving, the cost is still worth it.
    12-26-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD