I no longer own a Blackberry device. I was a huge promoter of them when I had one, as most of you know, and very well versed in all aspects of the device. But you cant deny that they have lost their ground. Everyone I know has moved on to an Android device or an iphone. Ive tried Android before....cool but not a fan. When it was time to open my mind up to something up-to-date, I gave the iphone a chance. It does everything I need to keep up with my day to day life. Calendar, speadsheets, word documents and email, all work better than my Blackberry ever did.

I still come here for my daily fix, as I still enjoy this forum, keeping up with BB news and info and helping out when I can. But lately, the General Discussion forum just seems polluted with non-stop threads regarding peoples personal opinions on the rise and fall of RIM, people asking what we think will happen, speculation, badmouthing other platforms, and other repeated topics. Personally I think its all beating a dead horse. We get it. RIM is doing bad. Yes, there are things we all feel like they screwed up and slipped behind on. But its all said and done. I loved my BB phones and tried to hold on to them to the very last second. In my opinion, as cool as OS 10 seems to be or will be, I doubt they will ever be able to reclaim the market share they have now lost. I dont agree with alot of the ways they handled their business ideas in the past and how they dragged their feet in updating their phones or being innovative. I was at a point where I was even shaking my head saying to myself "screw them, I wouldnt care if they went belly up now". I was the last person that wouldve said that a year ago.

And the personal opinions about why you think RIM is failing, well guess what. RIM wont change what they are doing if they havent done it by now. If their big time paid employees who think of this stuff in order to make the business thrive havent figured it out by now, they arent going to. Did anyone else just plain and simple get tired of waiting and give up? Dont get me wrong, these were some of the best phones I have ever used. But there was a line I had to draw when the damn thing became useless when the potential of other platforms overshadowed it.

I like to think of it this way. You keep telling a friend over and over that they are screwing up and something bad is going to happen. They ignore you and everyone else and continue their bad ways. When what you predicted finally happens, you dont even feel pity for them.
    06-22-12 11:50 PM
    I use it because works better for me than the three android devices I unfortunately parted money for. That being said I use mine to just accomplish my tasks quickly and efficiently. I'm not sure what you prefer to use your device for. I will say one last thing. I've never been to an android or iphone forum. I'm very happy with my choice. If I continued to visit the past while seeing the current....I'd have to assume I wasn't really happy with my choice. Either way best of luck. If it means anything to you I gave the galaxy S II to the middle child and she gave it back and asked for my 9700. But in all fairness, she is busy and spends her time getting sh*t done.
    06-23-12 12:16 AM
    Seems odd the OP bemoan all those who post their "speculation" on the forums and yet does exactly the same thing.... No one knows what will happen in the tech world next month let alone six months...... Great example of putting opinion as fact which in turn becomes bashing a product.... even unintentional..... bound to cause problems......Seems a bit hypocritical on the OP part.....
    Last edited by dbmalloy; 06-23-12 at 12:24 AM.
    06-23-12 12:21 AM
    Each of us have a choice to make. You choose something else, I choose blackberry. My BlackBerry does what I need it to do. It may not be the most flashiest thing at this point, but I don't care. We may crash and burn, maybe not. One thing we don't need is your pity. We for the most part are adults here and should respect each person's decisions. Just because you use a different phone than I do doesn't make one superior over the other. There are a lot bigger problems in this world than what phone one uses. . Just saying...
    loc5, bungaboy, Jake Storm and 2 others like this.
    06-23-12 12:28 AM
    Seems odd the OP bemoan all those who post their "speculation" on the forums and yet does exactly the same thing.... No one knows what will happen in the tech world next month let alone six months...... Great example of putting opinion as fact which in turn becomes bashing a product.... even unintentional..... bound to cause problems......Seems a bit hypocritical on the OP part.....
    i think its pretty safe to say that given the numbers of apple/android users, i think even if god himself created OS 10, there is no way RIM can overcome those shear numbers. its not like the market is a balanced scale, waiting to tip one way or the other. so my opinion is based on fact. they burned their bridges, i doubt they can re-convert massive amounts of old customers who have switched. but this thread really isnt about that or my opinions. i just want to know if other people could really just care less what happens to RIM as a whole, given the fact they have moved on to other devices. it seems like everyone here feels so strong about their supposed turn around, but has anyone thought about the reality here?

and im just tired of seeing all this stuff in the forums. it just seems like every day there is a new "OMG RIM!!!!" or "Why doesnt RIM do this or that" thread. just gets old. i wish the General forum would go back to its old ways with less clutter.
    06-23-12 12:33 AM
    Each of us have a choice to make. You choose something else, I choose blackberry. My BlackBerry does what I need it to do. It may not be the most flashiest thing at this point, but I don't care. We may crash and burn, maybe not. One thing we don't need is your pity. We for the most part are adults here and should respect each person's decisions. Just because you use a different phone than I do doesn't make one superior over the other. There are a lot bigger problems in this world than what phone one uses. . Just saying...
    its not like i hate BB, because i dont. i just feel like they gave up on us at some point, so i gave up on them. just wondering if any other current BB owners are NOT so excited for OS10 because they think that yea it still wont change anything. everyone here seems to think its going to be some holy grail and really bring RIM back in the game.
    06-23-12 12:36 AM
    It's been a long haul to this point and will seem like an even longer time until BB10 comes out. Having not made a move by now, I'm content to see how Q3 unfolds. There's nothing out right now that won't be eclipsed in just a few short months. Four big players each making significant moves all at about the same time. Sure, there's a lot of frustration, but you all have to admit that if smartphones are your thing, then you're in for a wild ride ahead.
    06-23-12 12:42 AM
    Unless RIM licenses BB10 there is no chance it will ever beat/get close to android. Android took the same strategy Microsoft took to beat apple at the desktop OS game. I believe windows phone has the best of both apple and android. Microsoft can dictate what hardware is allowed and still license it to other manufactures. If Microsoft executes correctly then it is likely to be the THE mobile operating system.
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 06-23-12 at 12:52 AM.
    06-23-12 12:50 AM
    Unless RIM licenses BB10 there is no chance it will ever beat/get close to android. Android took the same strategy Microsoft took to beat apple at the desktop OS game. I believe windows phone has the best of both apple and android. Microsoft can dictate what hardware is allowed and still license it to other manufactures. If Microsoft executes correctly then it is likely to be the THE mobile operating system.

Hopefully we don't get BSOD on our WP8.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-23-12 01:02 AM

Hopefully we wouldn't get a BSOD on a WP8. ;-)

06-23-12 01:03 AM
    actually im just tired of members of trolls saying the same ol $h!t. but hey, it's the internet right?
    06-23-12 01:10 AM
    I use it because works better for me than the three android devices I unfortunately parted money for. That being said I use mine to just accomplish my tasks quickly and efficiently. I'm not sure what you prefer to use your device for. I will say one last thing. I've never been to an android or iphone forum. I'm very happy with my choice. If I continued to visit the past while seeing the current....I'd have to assume I wasn't really happy with my choice. Either way best of luck. If it means anything to you I gave the galaxy S II to the middle child and she gave it back and asked for my 9700. But in all fairness, she is busy and spends her time getting sh*t done.
    Dictoresno was one of the biggest supporters for RIM, so to see he's feeling this disillusioned speaks volumes. As for your child, well it's great she's 'busy and gets sh*t done' and finds a BB works for her. Speaking as someone with a full time job and a mortgage and am helping plan a wedding, I get sh*t done quite fine on my iPhone. I found how you worded that to be pretty condescending. Lots of people get important sh*t done everyday on android and iPhones. I don't find myself more productive on my 9900.

I don't know if you meant it the way it sounded but my first thought was "how old is this child and how much more sh*t could they have to do over an adult?"

Some people have friends here. Some want RIM to succeed and are keeping tabs. Some (like me) use multiple devices and sell these phones so need to keep up. People can still voice concerns. I found Dictoresno's post well thought out so not sure where the need to insinuate he's not welcome here and has less responsibility than a child came from...

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    06-23-12 01:13 AM
    actually im just tired of members of trolls saying the same ol $h!t. but hey, it's the internet right?
    Yes. The guy who's been here 4 years and has 8000+ posts, 99% pro RIM, is a troll.

Or did you bother to check facts before passing judgement and looking silly?

06-23-12 01:16 AM
    i dont really care if he's been a long time member? it's been said many times that people are tired of waiting and so forth. yes, i dont care much for broken records.
    06-23-12 01:20 AM
    Doesn't make him a troll - an accusation thrown about even more frequently whether deserved or not.

In this case not.

So if Kevin announced he was tired of waiting, will you accuse him of trolling too?

I'd love for the troll name calling to stop unless someone IS ACTUALLY TROLLING.

pantlesspenguin and yanicmb like this.
    06-23-12 01:27 AM
    i think you misunderstood my post and i do apologize for mistyping. i meant members or trolls (i typed *of trolls). I didnt state he was a troll. i generalized members and trolls.

even if kevin did keep repeating he was tired of it (no disrespect to you kevin), i would've said the same thing. can we both relax now?? lol
    shaleem and reeneebob like this.
    06-23-12 01:31 AM
    I use blackberry for tow reasons, its an excellent communications device and because it is cheaper than iphone/android for me.

I honestly don't care if RIM fails or survives and I wont be moving to bb10 I will be sticking with my 9780 until it is so broken I cant use it.
    ritesh likes this.
    06-23-12 01:37 AM
    Yes. The guy who's been here 4 years and has 8000+ posts, 99% pro RIM, is a troll.

Or did you bother to check facts before passing judgement and looking silly?

thanks, at least you understand where im coming from. i will say it again, i still like the BB platform and always will. i will also continue to be on here everyday helping others from memory with their devices.

TRIPPIN: im no troll. part of what i was saying was that ive just gotten so discouraged from them over the last year, and actually needed more from my phone that what BB was offering. i had to switch, didnt want to, but it was necessary. im not trying to promote any other device over another, but simply needed more.

this isnt meant to be whos better thread. i agree theres alot of repeating clutter lately and would actually like to see the general forum return to the way it used to be, instead of everyone always starting a new thread with opinions of RIMs future.

ive been with BB for years and have always wished for more. they are to blame, they left me with no choice. im just simply wondering if anyone else feels the same way. i got fed up with them and could now care less.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-23-12 at 01:40 AM.
    06-23-12 01:37 AM
    Can we please have a master thread for all these redundant posts from people who stop using BlackBerrys? Wait.... what??? The guy with 8,000+ posts should know that there already is one???

All Those Switching from a BlackBerry to another device (including BBs), Post here!
    _StephenBB81 and f0xx386 like this.
    06-23-12 01:41 AM
    Can we please have a master thread for all these redundant posts from people who stop using BlackBerrys? Wait.... what??? The guy with 8,000+ posts should know that there already is one???

All Those Switching from a BlackBerry to another device (including BBs), Post here!
    again, this isnt about switching devices. this is asking if there is anyone else has become discouraged from waiting on RIMs repeated failures and is NOT as hyped up for OS10 as others are and dont care anymore what happens to RIM's future.

Soren203 is an example of the kind of answer i was looking for in this thread.
    06-23-12 01:44 AM
    **sigh** i never said you were a troll. my response generalized to both members and trolls. i understood your POV. i've been a BB user since 2000 and honestly, i'm with you on some points. i've tried iphone to 3gs and i couldnt make it work for me..lol i even tried other BB's like the pearl and flip, i just couldnt do it. so at the end of the day, i stick with what works for me. just as you did for yourself.
    06-23-12 01:47 AM
    **sigh** i never said you were a troll. my response generalized to both members and trolls. i understood your POV. i've been a BB user since 2000 and honestly, i'm with you on some points. i've tried iphone to 3gs and i couldnt make it work for me..lol i even tried other BB's like the pearl and flip, i just couldnt do it. so at the end of the day, i stick with what works for me. just as you did for yourself.
    lol yea i know, i started typing the reply before you posted your clarification post. all is well. and im all for using what works best whether its a BB, droid or iphone. just saying that RIM has disappointed me so much in the past with lacking on so many things that i had to let go.
    06-23-12 01:48 AM
    again, this isnt about switching devices. this is asking if there is anyone else has become discouraged from waiting on RIMs repeated failures and is NOT as hyped up for OS10 as others are and dont care anymore what happens to RIM's future.
    Discussing your reasons and discouragement with RIM does not need a new thread, because that's what the master thread was created for.
    _StephenBB81 and f0xx386 like this.
    06-23-12 01:49 AM
    Discussing your reasons and discouragement with RIM does not need a new thread, because that's what the master thread was created for.
    ok well when you become a mod, feel free to merge my thread
    06-23-12 01:51 AM
    Hopefully we don't get BSOD on our WP8.

You must not have run a modern version of Windows on your desktop in quite some time. I cannot even remember my last BSOD.
    Pete6 likes this.
    06-23-12 02:14 AM
129 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD