View Poll Results: Do you think the battery door of the 9700 is ugly?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, leave in a comment what kind of design you would like to see

7 25.00%
  • No, I like it the way it is.

21 75.00%
    The Storm2 battery cover is the best. It's full metal and doesn't have those stupid latches like the first one. It also sits evenly in the desk, instead of being all wobbly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 03:10 PM
    People complain about the stupidest crap... If it had an ugly battery door, why did you buy it? Or better yet, do something about it instead of complaining.
    I hate the battery cover, BUT that was not why I purchased the phone.
    The form factor, feature set, increased memory IS THE REASON!

I knew I could ditch the battery cover in a blue minute, which I did.
    I would. I would never let something like how a battery door looks stop me from purchasing the device that I considered to be the best choice in the lineup, and it looks like the op made the same choice I would have.

I hear ya, and you're right. I would probably buy it too if I wanted it that bad. But regardless as I said, I would do something about it (like buy a new door) instead of complaining.
    I would. I would never let something like how a battery door looks stop me from purchasing the device that I considered to be the best choice in the lineup, and it looks like the op made the same choice I would have.

You're absolutely right. That's exactly what I had in mind when I purchased it. The phone is awesomeness itself, it really is. But yeah, in my opinion the battery door lacks design.
    05-06-10 03:11 PM
    I hear ya, and you're right. I would probably buy it too if I wanted it that bad. But regardless as I said, I would do something about it (like buy a new door) instead of complaining.
    I just wanted to know if I was the only one thinking this way. Are you a shareholder of RIM or something?
    05-06-10 03:13 PM
    Well that's funny, because you also said this:

...if I were to buy something, if I'm not completely satisfied with the way it looks, I wouldn't buy it. Simple.
    That's very confusing. I'm just sayin'

05-06-10 03:18 PM
    I knew I could ditch the battery cover in a blue minute, which I did.
    Which door did you end up getting by the way? I never found out.
    05-06-10 03:20 PM

Comment of the day. You just made me laugh.
    05-06-10 03:20 PM
    Which door did you end up getting by the way? I never found out.
    This one:

05-06-10 03:32 PM

See the word probably? I did say FIRST that if I was COMPLETELY unhappy with the looks, I wouldn't buy. But I then stated I would PROBABLY buy it too IF I wanted it that bad. Those are not contradicting statements b/c in this case, the door can be changed.

If a new phone came out that was the baddest, best phone ever, but only came in pink and could not be swapped with any aftermarket parts, would I buy....? No. If I could change all new parts so its not pink anymore, would I buy it? Yes, I would consider it.

Guess I was attempting to make a point... and apparently I failed miserably. Oh well.

Have fun bashing the battery cover door.
    05-06-10 03:59 PM
    Oh well, I love it actually!

05-06-10 04:44 PM
    its fine and does not bother me.i have a hard case on mine at all times and use a holster .
    05-06-10 05:24 PM
    My mom has the 9700 and I think the battery door is fine. It's more secure than my old 8900's loose battery door. It's also more comfortable to hold. If I were to buy a BB, it would be the 9700, hands down.
    05-06-10 05:41 PM
    After having the Tour 9630 with Sprint, I really appreciate the 9700's back.

05-06-10 07:04 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD