so i am talking to a guy when it comes to tech stuff. he seems to know what im doing all the time! im walking out the door from work my phone rings. im heading home from running around town he sends a text. i think hes either got great timing or hes done something to my phone! i know my carrier has the ability to track other phones on your plan, but is it possible hes tracking my location? i made the mistake of lettin him borrow it one day. he had full access to my phone and account. its really,really annoying and i wanna make it stop! HELP!!!
    11-01-09 12:54 AM
    Probably just a big coincidence..
    11-01-09 12:55 AM
    There is a program out there that can track you, i would wipe the phone completely!! and do it now. Then reload the OS. Have you ever received ghost messages from someone that made no sense and you did not know who it was. I know a PI right now that has a program he can install and then once the poor fellow opens a ghost text he can track the phone within about 100 feet
    11-01-09 12:57 AM
    how do i reload??? im a bb newbie!!
    11-01-09 12:58 AM
    OMG! Relax, pull it back a little...no need to cause a big fuss over the unknown. Not like everyone out there has access to the tracking apps mentioned. Aside from that, most people are not gonna drop the money that's needed to obtain them to know when u walk ur freaking dog.

Why don't you be reasonable and actually check your installed apps first.

Re: How to reload,

How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    11-01-09 01:01 AM
    OMG! Relax...no need to cause a big fuss over anything. Not like everyone out there has access to the tracking apps mentioned. Aside from that, most people are not gonna drop the money that's needed to obtain them to know when u walk ur freaking dog.

Why don't you be reasonable and actually check your installed apps first.
    bla1ze just said OMG..

go to options>advanced>applications and make sure there is nothing in there that you didnt put in there.. nothing fishy, like stalkertraker5000 or something like that.
    11-01-09 01:05 AM
    Well you are the expert, I am just telling you what I know and I was told this doesn't show up in applications. I am a bit of a worry wart and when I was shown how this works I was worried and then angry. I told him he can never have access to my phone....
    11-01-09 01:06 AM
    HAHA! im not trying to be a big freak or anything. i just think its totally weird. and like i mentioned before- its getting annoying. THANK YOU SOFA KING! u rock!
    11-01-09 01:08 AM
    Well you are the expert, I am just telling you what I know and I was told this doesn't show up in applications. I am a bit of a worry wart and when I was shown how this works I was worried and then angry. I told him he can never have access to my phone....
    And understandably so...just no real need to rush right into wiping a device because of something that may/ may not be going on.

Rule out the simple things first
    11-01-09 01:12 AM
    dont forget your foil hat
    11-01-09 05:15 AM
    Just wanted to add how silly it is to let anyone have full access to your phone and account. My phones are password protected and not even my own mother would have access to them.
    11-01-09 10:39 AM
    bla1ze just said OMG..

go to options>advanced>applications and make sure there is nothing in there that you didnt put in there.. nothing fishy, like stalkertraker5000 or something like that.
    LOL@stalkertraker5000

Some more great names for a stalker app;

Imrightbehindyou69
    Iknowwhatyouredoing24/7
    Imalreadyvisualizingtheducttapeoveryourmouthfriday the13th

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 11:07 AM
    I see you're on Sprint. Me too. There is an option on Sprint's web site after you log in to your account, called the Family finder, or something like that. It allows parents to track their kids whereabouts via GPS. Obviously, this isn't just relegated to kids. This guy could have logged on to your Sprint account and is tracking you that way.

First mistake you made was giving this guy your phone. Now you need to make sure you log on to Sprint's web site and change your password and see if you can turn off the family tracker if it has been turned on.
    11-01-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD