Hey, whatever floats your boat!
    I remember hankering after the original Tilt when it came out. Went to my local AT&T and the guy tried to dissuade me. I swear the more he tried to dissuade me, the more I wanted that thing! Well, turns out it was practically impossible to use and was a total waste of time and money for me.
    I'm sure that EVO is going to be great, and that the Incredible is. I hanker after all of 'em. But at the end of the day, my 9700 is so rock solid, so does what I need it to do and with stupendous battery life to boot, I can't see giving it up.
    05-05-10 09:02 AM
    My sister got the incredible last week. She's already frustrated with the battery life and the texting. She has turned down her brightness, turned off wifi and everything else possible. Still by noon with minimal usage, shes near 50% batterylife. The camera sucks.

My Tour is like a camel on battery life. I will upgrade to the new Bold/Tour2 just for tha ability to have the better OS and browser.
    sad she is having these problems and someone who's using a 3.2 megapixel camera feels 8 megapixel camera sucks, and just for kicks doesn't own the smartphone themselves feels this way about it. She could always just be like you and get one of those sweet high end Tour 9630's, maybe that will better fit her needs.
    05-05-10 09:06 AM
    I think that phones have become a status and personality symbol. It's like if you have a bberry you could be a corporate/professional. If one has the iphone, one could be trendy and cool.

It has become hard to fight against not buying into the latest and greatest since society tends to praise that dynamic nowadays.

Android phones come out every other month, hopefully you'll like the evo and stick with it for a bit.
    05-05-10 09:16 AM
    That sounds a lot like the wife nagging her husband about having too many golf clubs or too many power tools. Does the husband need them? No. Could he do without them? Probably. But they are hobbies, just like electronic gadgets. You can't tell me you have zero hobbies and live only by necessity. If so tell me the name of the public library you're posting from and the Amish village from which you hail.
    One of if not thee best post I have read in quite sometime! Where is the rep button at, lol! Awesome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 06:16 PM
    sad she is having these problems and someone who's using a 3.2 megapixel camera feels 8 megapixel camera sucks, and just for kicks doesn't own the smartphone themselves feels this way about it. She could always just be like you and get one of those sweet high end Tour 9630's, maybe that will better fit her needs.
    Don't have any friends do ya? Sad life you lead. You sound so bitter, must be your incredible isn't so incredible after all.
    05-05-10 06:17 PM
    Before I purchased my BB tour 9630 i tried the HTC Hero for 3 days.

I returned it for these reason
    1) The keyboard for typing was TERRIBLE...the letters were so damn small you couldn't type for crap on it...with my blackberry i type at over 30 wpm (on typerspeed

2) I have 5,000 contacts for business in my phone....blackberry handles it easily. THe HTC hero could not handle it at all

3) battery life - Something i never thought about until i didn't have it...Kind of like an x-girlfriend
    05-05-10 11:25 PM
    Before I purchased my BB tour 9630 i tried the HTC Hero for 3 days.

I returned it for these reason
    1) The keyboard for typing was TERRIBLE...the letters were so damn small you couldn't type for crap on it...with my blackberry i type at over 30 wpm (on typerspeed

2) I have 5,000 contacts for business in my phone....blackberry handles it easily. THe HTC hero could not handle it at all

3) battery life - Something i never thought about until i didn't have it...Kind of like an x-girlfriend
    You do realized that the Hero is like half the phone the Evo will be right? OS, Processor/memory, overall functionality...
    05-05-10 11:44 PM
    Have the plan details been announced for the HTC EVO? I am doubtful it will be compatable (ie, 3G & 4G) with just an ED plan. Im guessing they'll require an additional plan option considering you will have Clear 4G access as well.
    05-06-10 01:31 AM
    Have the plan details been announced for the HTC EVO? I am doubtful it will be compatable (ie, 3G & 4G) with just an ED plan. Im guessing they'll require an additional plan option considering you will have Clear 4G access as well.
    Dan Hesse has publicly stated that the only additional charge for 4G on the Evo will be if you want it to act as a hotspot for tethering. Just accessing the 4G data network on your phone will not cost extra.
    05-06-10 01:47 AM
    What about the 4G/3G/edge/gprs handover? After quite a few years now the 3G/gprs is still not perfected and still results in a lot of dropped calls. I can't see 4G having any advantages as yet unless you use a dongle to access internet from laptop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 03:41 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD