So, something has possessed my curve.

When i'm in school I usually have my phone on Vibrate to not disturb any professors, but recently, some emails would make my phone "Sonar". It turns heads in a quiet room, and "That was my laptop" is getting old fast.

Any ideas as to why on certain emails it would "Sonar", but not on others?
    01-22-08 03:39 PM
    Some combination of your level 1 message settings, your vibrate profile, and certain contact settings? Sorry I can't be more specific but there are a bunch of things that could legitimately cause this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-08 03:46 PM
    I agree with the previous poster, it's probably something in your profile settings. You can change the setting by going into the sound profiles (the thing you use to change it from ring to vibrate), scrolling down to the bottom and selecting advanced. Then you highlight "vibrate" and select "edit". Maybe something in there?
    01-22-08 08:43 PM
    As mentioned above when you need to verify that your settings are correct for both in and out of the holster.
    01-23-08 12:34 AM
    As mentioned above when you need to verify that your settings are correct for both in and out of the holster.
    Yeah, I agree, I used to have problems with that in class. I used to set my bb on the desk in class, but I would always forget I had SMS set to vibrate when out of holster.

Besides that, to the Original Poster, depending on what email account you're using it will do different things. Make sure that you have all of your email accounts set to vibrate correctly. I think you just need to check all of your settings for IN/OUT of holster.
    01-23-08 08:40 AM
    I figured out what it was.

I had an exception created on my profiles for anything coming from "Commerce Bank" to a the "Normal" profile, so whenever anyone would send me an email from the Bank, it would Sonar.

Woot. Thanks for everyones help!
    01-23-08 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD