Did you apply the update on your phone?

Q10/10.3.1.821
    Nope, company issued Z30 and not allowed to until they say so.
    02-22-15 03:51 AM
    Leaks + tons of Android apps + restored settings = problems

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:09 AM
    No, man. They are ***** liars, and BlackBerry is just playing ball.
    /s

Honestly, I still can't wrap my head around why wiping should be an acceptable solution. And why bunch of randoms would made up problems.

MAYBE THEY ARE THE PAID TROLLS COMPANIES HIRE THAT PEOPLE TALKED ABOUT IN ANOTHER THREAD! Not.

Ah, I'm getting more frustrated by this community and it's denial by the day. Bla1ze, has it always been like that, or am I just noticing now?
    It wasn't this way when Blackberry was on top in here. People could actually discuss issues with their phones and not be called a liar or a troll when they weren't on the bottom end of the market.. Since they aren't on top any more it's become crazy with people who refuse to believe that there is ever any problems with the phones or OS.

There are people that deny any type of problem no matter how big or small. When the Z10 was having its reboot issue there were people in here that said everyone having this issue was a liar because their phone didn't have the issue and neither did the other two people that they knew that owned a Z10. Then Blackberry acknowledged it and updated the OS with a fix for it, and the people that completely denied that it was an issue praised BB for giving those with the problem a fix for it.

People have had serious problems with the Passport build quality. It bending and screen separation from the phone have been two big ones. But there are still people who refuse to acknowledge these issues because for some bizarre reason they think BB can do no wrong and that its impossible for Blackberry to build a phone with shoddy build quality. Let me tell you, I've used Blackberry phones for a long time and their quality dept has ALWAYS been seriously lacking.

How anyone can deny that there are serious issues with this update is beyond me. There are long time users in here who are having these problems but there are still people who are in denial over it and that are saying that none of these issues exist.

Blackberry knows these issues exist and hopefully they offer an update for it sooner than later.
    Last edited by donnation; 02-22-15 at 07:31 AM.
    02-22-15 04:11 AM
    Absolutely no complaints from me. Not a single bug. Best update I've ever done and I've probably done hundreds. Even Z10s battery has improved.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:12 AM
    Won't the "typical" consumer or customer first seek help from Customer Service Dept or Technical Support Dept or from Point of (Sale) Purchase?
    And folks here wonder why shops no longer want to stock BB10 handsets.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I was a BB stockist held responsible by a line of angry customers because BB released a buggy OS update.

And what are those stockists expected to do about it anyway. From Bla1ze's posts, there are clearly real bugs that only BB can resolve, and the UI/App changes in 10.3.1 that some don't like aren't going to magically undo themselves after a wipe.
    02-22-15 04:32 AM
    Leaks + tons of Android apps + restored settings = problems

Posted via CB10
    No leak +barely any Android Apps+ no backup and barely any Settings restored= Stll Problems
    02-22-15 05:00 AM
    What is the fix? Wiping and making a fresh update solves the issues? Can someone confirm this?

Valid Passport!
    02-22-15 05:12 AM
    What is the fix? Wiping and making a fresh update solves the issues? Can someone confirm this?

Valid Passport!
    In some cases yes. Just be patient and wait for BlackBerry to release the fixes for the known issues.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.1.1565 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    02-22-15 06:20 AM
    Absolutely no complaints from me. Not a single bug. Best update I've ever done and I've probably done hundreds. Even Z10s battery has improved.

Posted via CB10
    due to lower wifi range .... what device u have ?
    02-22-15 06:26 AM
    And folks here wonder why shops no longer want to stock BB10 handsets.

I'd be pretty annoyed if I was a BB stockist held responsible by a line of angry customers because BB released a buggy OS update.

And what are those stockists expected to do about it anyway. From Bla1ze's posts, there are clearly real bugs that only BB can resolve, and the UI/App changes in 10.3.1 that some don't like aren't going to magically undo themselves after a wipe.
    I didn't mean "stockists" should be held responsible, rather they may pleasantly provide guidance, maybe, for next line of action.
    02-22-15 06:38 AM
    Well call of full of shut if you like, but my CB app flickers like crazy now after upgrading from 10.3 to 10.3.1 on my passport. Except as I've just noticed when I am writing a post! I've also had to restart several times due to the browser freezing, and one one occasion the phone was very hot after normal use so I took off the cover, stopped using it and had to keep it against a window to cool it off.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:45 AM
    I have not loaded any leaks and just clicked the button to load the new os. So far my only issue was it telling me that I didn't have enough space when I believed I did.

I have only had it one day so it's very soon. The changes in the hub are good but I don't think I enjoy the look of the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:54 AM
    They really should consider more frequent, smaller, updates. Just doesn't seem prudent to move everyone from 10.2 to 10.3.1 on a single jump.

I'm not saying that they should go all Firefox on us,.. but maybe once a month?

I guess it still comes down to the fact that they need carrier approval (such a modern approach-- maybe they should still require a technician to come wire your power adapter--don't forget to call before you move!)

The only issue I've complained about is the screen flicker issue (the calendar is not an issue, just a preference), which has been well documented (experienced on both my wife's and my own Passport). It's actually not a terrible issue (considering the marvel of technology crammed into the palm of my hand). What's terrible is that BlackBerry apparently haven't been able to fix it or worse missed it during their testing.

There's really no point in me making anything up just to post on CrackBerry... this place is funky enough as it is.

Posted via CB10
    donnation likes this.
    02-22-15 07:11 AM
    They really should consider more frequent, smaller, updates. Just doesn't seem prudent to move everyone from 10.2 to 10.3.1 on a single jump.

I'm not saying that they should go all Firefox on us,.. but maybe once a month?

Posted via CB10
    Once a month is not enough time, Jolla the company behind SailFish tried that, it didn't work out, they just couldn't keep up with issues that arose from the changes they made.
    02-22-15 07:16 AM
    Once a month is not enough time, Jolla the company behind SailFish tried that, it didn't work out, they just couldn't keep up with issues that arose from the changes they made.
    Apparently neither can BlackBerry in 3 months... lol.

I guess my point is,.. you don't push out massive changes each time. However I admit I have no idea how much of a headache this would be to keep track of.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:02 AM
    100% people are full of ****. My wife and I plus few of her friends who have passport haven't experienced any issues and yet you get these people who claimed to have nothing but problems. These are the same people who are on cb daily , weekly, monthly, yearly and post nothing but negativity. I've asked my wife and her friends so many times if they are experiencing any issues that they told me to stop going on CB as that site is "full of ****". They think I or the people on CB are crazy. '

Posted via CB10
    Way to do some scientific research there. You say 100% are full of **** with no way to back that up.

You use your wife and "a few friends" as your research and sample size.

You claim that the "same people who are cb daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and post nothing but negativity" are the EXACT SAME PEOPLE claiming there is a problem or bug. But yet again, you have no way to show they are indeed the same exact people.

You sir, should work for a research firm, as you have mastered it. /s
    donnation, Witmen, Tatwi and 4 others like this.
    02-22-15 08:10 AM
    I'm one of those people who rarely experience any issues but then again I have a job where I am constantly troubleshooting complex systems so its very easy for me to find and fix most problems. The average user has no such background.

To answer your question:

I think its a bit of both, there are two main kinds of problems I see here.

1. People who panic and don't take the time to let things happen and sometimes do crazy things like pull the battery mid update thus corrupting the process and who knows how many files. When they get back on track the damage has already been done but they keep fighting the problem instead of doing a simple OS reload either through Link or via a wipe.

2. People with real issues because BB dropped the ball. The real obvious one being the not enough room even though the user has deleted all apps and files from their internal memory. Same thing happened to me but rather than go nuts I just did a wipe and everything went smooth as silk.

My advice to group 1 is to think of your BB as any other computer, be patient, don't shut it off mid update and if you have problems with an app afterwards, just delete it, reload it and sign back into the app. Large updates like this one can take a couple of hours so just plug in the phone, set it down, then go about your day. Sitting there staring at it just makes you more impatient and likely to do something rash. That will fix most of your problems.

The problem with group 2 is that some of these issues should not have happened. As someone previously said in this thread, "If you hit a button that says update then it should just update." That should be true 99% of the time.

The average consumer shouldn't have to know what a wipe is or even that OS reload exists in Link, they should just have a simple, hassle free experience. Wipes and reloads should be a lot more rare than they have been for this update.
    02-22-15 08:23 AM
    I wonder how many of the people with issues had a leak installed prior to the update?

If you have ever had a leak on your phone at any point, then restoring or doing a nondestructive update is a risk.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:26 AM
    As someone previously said in this thread, "If you hit a button that says update then it should just update." That should be true 99% 100% of the time.
    Fixed it for ya...
    JeepBB, donnation and Donvald like this.
    02-22-15 08:27 AM
    Why is it that some seldom have issues with their devices and OS updates, while others have "endless" issues with their devices or OS updates? If some one has "monkeyed" around with their devices for instance with leaks and then experience problems with the official OS updates, is it BlackBerry's or User's fault?

Maybe it's just a simple case of some of us being always luckier than others or less critical and more tolerant. I'm just curious.
    You are true.

You are lucky, after the OS update I have been facing many problems. Flickering : which is still going on when opening many Apps including CB10 even after multiple reboots, very low sounds in Notifications and Alarm.

It's really interesting to know that these problems are happening only on the Passport devices.

I'm on OS: 10.3.1.1565.
    Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:37 AM
    Fixed it for ya...
    No, all you did was to create an unrealistic expectation that everything should always work flawlessly but the reality is that nothing does.

I don't care if you're talking BB's, iPhone, cars, airplanes or medical equipment, everything has its flaws.

In retrospect I think I should have added unrealistic expectations to group 1.

Z10 via CB10
    blackmoe, Vorkosigan and undone like this.
    02-22-15 09:22 AM
    No, all you did was to create an unrealistic expectation that everything should always work flawlessly but the reality is that nothing does.

I don't care if you're talking BB's, iPhone, cars, airplanes or medical equipment, everything has its flaws.

In retrospect I think I should have added unrealistic expectations to group 1.

Z10 via CB10
    While I agree with you that its unrealistic that 100% of the time things are going to go smoothly I don't think that's the issue here. The issue is that when things don't go smoothly you still have people that come in here and tell others that they are lying and that none of the issues that they have are real, and that it was smooth for 100% of the people who did the update. I think most people would strongly agree with you that 100% of the time is not even close to reality when it comes to these OS updates. But you have people that will strongly disagree with you and tell you that 100% of the time Blackberry got it right and that everyone else is wrong.
    Stewartj1 and Donvald like this.
    02-22-15 09:28 AM
    Never complained before, but in this 10.3.1 update there are few issues. My Passport on Fido network (bought directly from shop BlackBerry) got 2 updates yesterday: one of 499 MG and the other of 1.5 GB. After the completion of the update (10.3.1.2267), I noticed these issues:
    1. Low volume in all the notifications (I had to bring the volume at 100% to be usable)
    2. "REMEMBER" app was not recording voice message
    3. "Parrot" app was not recording messages (The app asked to go the permission and allow the Microphone - but the microphone permission was already granted).
    4. I check the BBVE app to see if microphone was OK. Here too the app asked to allow the microphone in the permission, but already ON.
    After 3 Hard reset, problems with microphones are gone.
    No flickering.
    Low volume notifications still annoying.
    02-22-15 09:41 AM
    As with all electronics, most of the issues are caused by the user. Very rarely the device or software are faulty...

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:41 AM
    Agree. That's pretty much what I said in my first post.
    02-22-15 09:48 AM
138 1234 ...