I wouldn't have recommended any big change to ios. It works well as it is, it's stable, it's simple. It may well be stale for many....price of success, but the alternative, changing a wining formula while it's still at it's peak, is generally a bad idea
    There we have it. When RIM follows this advice, they're "asleep at the wheel". When Apple does it, it's a sound business decision.

We'll see how that works out for them over the next few years. Remember, RIM was #1 until Q1 2011 -- and had a dramatic lead well in to 2010.
    10-22-12 03:06 PM
    My 3GS broke and the ip5 isn't bad. I use them both. The ecosystem is nice and bashing it is wrong. Every system has its advantages.

The battery life isn't as good but therfore you'll get aluminium and a very desirable phone. At least no plastic.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-22-12 03:25 PM
    I've been a very harsh critic of RIM's pathetic offering to the public shortly after getting my 9930....
    ...I've said from the start that Truncated email is a "joke" in this day and age & the Fisher Price Camera is insulting.
    ...I've done everything I can to voice MHO as to why RIM has to have Netflix and Skype to survive in North America.

That said the iphone 5 feels cheap, the battery life sucks and the reception isn't as good as the previous 2 iphones......
    ...At this point Apple can get away with pulling stunts like this ( it will not however always work ).
    ...I think it will be VERY easy for RIM to bring a better quality made device to market.
    ...BB has always had great reception and better than average battery life.

The ONLY think I see that RIM has to do is bring a phone to market with those Apps IOS and DROID have zero problems in offering.....
    ...Anything short of having Netflix or Skype on BB10 will be an excuse and the reason why those Apps are not there won't matter at that point.
    ....It will simply be game over.
    10-22-12 04:24 PM
    Is there a checklist out there for threads like this? "Apple is doomed because: iOS isn't enough like Android (alternately, iOS is too much like Android) / not 100% of all iPhones ever produced are flawless / some guy told me he doesn't like iPhones / another tech company failed one time, so that's definitely happening to Apple now / another tech company is going to release a phone."

In reality, RIM could have announced that BB10 phones were available, free, and delivered to your house by a butler and they still wouldn't have moved as many units as Apple has iPhone 5s so far.
    10-22-12 05:02 PM
29 12