Just thought I would share some feedback I got on Friday from two of the three people I set up on iphone 5 a few weeks back...
    ...The third person is out on vacation but here is what the other two said about their new phones.
    ...BTW these two people think the iphone is the best phone in the world.

The reception on the iphone 5 is TERRIBLE, they each state they have zero bars where they used to have 1 or 2 bars.....
    ...The battery life is TERRIBLE - their previous iphone 4 & 4s had SIGNIFICANTLY better batteries.
    ...Each person is having touble getting all their music to sync via itunes on the new phones.

Except for a couple of things I really need my phone to be able to do ( for me ) I've been pleased with my iphone 4s.....
    ...Because the Blackberry can rename pictures I've taken on the fly and the password safe I'm still packing my 9930 around.
    ...I also find it much easier to answer email and text using the 9930 because of the real QWERTY.

This is an excellent opportunity for RIM to make hay while the sun is shinning with Apple soiling the bed with it's terrible battery life and reception.....
    ...Consider Apple a cult and like any cult over time they simply don't stand the test of time.
    ...RIM needs to shore up it's horrific popular App gap and do it fast.

If BB10 can video chat via Skype to an Android and iphone that alone with pick up some new customers....
    ...If BB10 can use Netflix it will mean that the Playbook could as well ( same goes for Skype ) and RIM can start selling tablets w/out a fire sale!
    10-20-12 04:04 PM
    Do these folks use Sprint?
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    raino likes this.
    10-20-12 04:14 PM
    I'm still having a hard time understanding why anyone would even buy the 5. The OS has barely changed in 3 years, and the hardware is a pretty minimal upgrade from the 4s. I'm kidding, I actually do understand. About 85% of customers don't actually know a thing about the hardware or software in their phone. I've lost count of how many people I've seen buy Androids and didn't even know what Android is. They just thought they were buying a "Samsung phone" lol.
    madman0141 likes this.
    10-20-12 04:26 PM
    I'm still having a hard time understanding why anyone would even buy the 5. The OS has barely changed in 3 years, and the hardware is a pretty minimal upgrade from the 4s. I'm kidding, I actually do understand. About 85% of customers don't actually know a thing about the hardware or software in their phone. I've lost count of how many people I've seen buy Androids and didn't even know what Android is. They just thought they were buying a "Samsung phone" lol.
    I bought one because I wanted one...*shrugs*

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 04:29 PM
    What would you have upgraded in the iphone 5 to make it more than a "minimal" upgrade in your mind?
    10-20-12 04:38 PM
    Profits are good. That's all that matters
    10-20-12 04:41 PM
    Nice post OP.
    People buy the new Iphone because apple built it. It is pretty much same as 4 but because it's new and from apple they got to have it.
    Simplicity at its finest.
    10-20-12 04:45 PM
    It looks sweet IMO. The black chrome logo is something I mentioned a few times here on CB for the new berries. The iPhone 5 is a nice looking phone but 4s looks better with the earpiece grill but the styling of the 5 is better IMO.

What is Apple gonna do next? They really don't innovate like people think they do.
    10-20-12 04:51 PM
    What would you have upgraded in the iphone 5 to make it more than a "minimal" upgrade in your mind?
    In a nutshell, an update to iOS that's significantly different than what it's been for the last 2-3 years. both Android 4.1 and BB10 have a lot of current innovations that are radically different to Android 2.3 and BB OS7. What's changed in iOS 6 that really sets it apart from how iOS has already been for the last few years? Without having to jailbreak it.
    10-20-12 04:55 PM
    l'm surprised they didn't mention the jade streak across pictures due to an ill conceived lens coating, WiFi switching anonymously to cellular causing extraneous data charges, flickering screens, the iMap debacle, and my favourite, scratched and dented chassis right out of the box and unusual and extreme wear and tear under normal use particularly on the darker colour. It's also interesting to note Apple has chosen to blame most of these faults on the users. The classic is telling people that if they get the jade streak that they're facing the wrong way!

As much as I hated Jobs, he would never have let a phone launch happen under these circumstances.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 05:34 PM
    In a nutshell, an update to iOS that's significantly different than what it's been for the last 2-3 years. both Android 4.1 and BB10 have a lot of current innovations that are radically different to Android 2.3 and BB OS7. What's changed in iOS 6 that really sets it apart from how iOS has already been for the last few years? Without having to jailbreak it.
    That would certainly be a big change, though I am not sure android has changed that radically, in the last couple iterations. BB10 of course has no choice, and nothing to lose. I wouldn't have recommended any big change to ios. It works well as it is, it's stable, it's simple. It may well be stale for many....price of success, but the alternative, changing a wining formula while it's still at it's peak, is generally a bad idea, especially in consumer products. However, I do think they did a lot of work with ios 6, the improved sIRI, a lot of tweaks and features changes, and of course, the maps....which I was amazed at when they launched. I thought it a monumental undertaking, and incredibly ambitious and amazing...now we know it was probably too ambitious. LOL

In any case however, I was referring to your comment about HARDWARE ie. "and the hardware is a pretty minimal upgrade from the 4s."

What hardware upgrades do you think should have been made...change in screen size, LTE, new form factor, faster CPU, improved camera, smaller connectors....seems like they did a lot more upgrading than most phone iterations. What would have made the more than minimal upgrade to you?>
    10-20-12 05:39 PM
    Do these folks use Sprint?
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    All of them are with AT&T.
    10-20-12 07:11 PM
    Jailbreak it. Wipe it clean and hack BlackBerry 10 onto it. Lol. (Joking in case any of you are about to blow a gasket).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-20-12 07:24 PM
    I bought one because I wanted one...*shrugs*

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    What did you do with the other one?
    10-20-12 07:24 PM
    Apple should put Android on it! That'll solve all the problems.
    kbz1960, bungaboy and sam_b77 like this.
    10-20-12 07:36 PM
    Jailbreak it. Wipe it clean and hack BlackBerry 10 onto it. Lol. (Joking in case any of you are about to blow a gasket).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    No worries. I never blow a gasket, or even strain one over phones!
    10-20-12 07:56 PM
    Apple should put Android on it! That'll solve all the problems.
    LOL That's exactly it...I've asked this question in several places from people expressing the 'no difference" sentiment....as of yet, I've never gotten a meaningful answer! It seems to be one of those things that people like to say...but haven't thought through at all!
    10-20-12 07:57 PM
    This is why rim needed to release side by side with apple, to prove they were confident enough to go head to head and win. Android looks like it will eventually lord over everyone though, its hard to pass up a flashy phone from $0 to $199 on contract. I was at mobile store today and a rep was showing me a motorola hd that blew me away for $99, kevlar backing, stunning screen with vibrant colours, snappy ui, I'm in need of a phone and I'm holding out for BB10, but I can't see anyone else doing the same.
    10-20-12 08:00 PM
    Nothing can be on top forever
    10-21-12 12:33 AM
    All of them are with AT&T.
    Is LTE available where they live, work and travel?
    10-21-12 12:35 AM
    Is LTE available where they live, work and travel?
    Yes, LTE is available - it's Seattle....
    ...Aside from the one person on vacation I've yet to talk too.
    ...The other two work in greater Seattle and both live in North Seattle.

The difference in battery life and reception is significant ( their word not mine ).
    10-21-12 12:37 AM
    Yes, LTE is available - it's Seattle.
    That's odd. I have LTE here in Cleveland, OH. My LTE speeds are faster than my broadband cable Internet speeds.

I have not had any issues with reboots or slow data unless I was connected to slow WiFi at coffee shops.
    10-21-12 12:39 AM
    ...Each person is having touble getting all their music to sync via itunes on the new phones.
    This will always be a problem until Apple revamps that terrible software. iTunes is probably the worst software ever designed. It looks like it was built in 2001 and never was touched again.

Considering how Apple focuses on visuals, you would think Microsoft created iTunes' Excel spreadheet-like design.
    10-22-12 10:37 AM
    Oh jeez, not one of these threads again! Every time Apple releases a new product or new OS, these threads pop up, with people suddenly reporting all sorts of "issues" that "their friends" are having.

And of course, every time it turns out their friends are either A: Imaginary B: A handful of people out of millions of launch customers, or C: There actually IS an issue that a small percentage of users are having, but it gets resolved in the next OS update in a matter of weeks.

And every time this happens. Apple beats their previous sales record, which they'll do again with the iPhone 5.

Sorry, Pythons. Despite your friends issues, that's exactly what will happen. Again. And nope, besides your three friends, who obviously have my deepest sympathies, there isn't really any mass movement of unsatisfied iPhone customers looking for an alternative. Just like there wasn't when the Iphone4S launched or when the iPhone 4 launched...
    iankeiththomas likes this.
    10-22-12 10:53 AM
    Oh jeez, not one of these threads again! Every time Apple releases a new product or new OS, these threads pop up, with people suddenly reporting all sorts of "issues" that "their friends" are having.

And of course, every time it turns out their friends are either A: Imaginary B: A handful of people out of millions of launch customers, or C: There actually IS an issue that a small percentage of users are having, but it gets resolved in the next OS update in a matter of weeks.

And every time this happens. Apple beats their previous sales record, which they'll do again with the iPhone 5.

Sorry, Pythons. Despite your friends issues, that's exactly what will happen. Again. And nope, besides your three friends, who obviously have my deepest sympathies, there isn't really any mass movement of unsatisfied iPhone customers looking for an alternative. Just like there wasn't when the Iphone4S launched or when the iPhone 4 launched...
    I work in I.T. & those three phones I set up ( as part of my job ) - they are indeed company phones....
    10-22-12 02:24 PM
29 12