I was at my local AT&T store the other day fondling the 'berries when I tried to use its GPS program. There was a lot of lag and I just figured it being a bad building (one-story strip mall) and a floor model that was being abused by customers.
    Then I went to a Sprint store (similar building type) and did the same thing and that unit was just down right zippy! I know sprint has their nav service and AT&T has there's.

My question is shouldn't the GPS services work basically the same at the same speed? And has anyone noticed speed differences between nav services over diff. providers.
    12-03-07 11:43 AM
    I was at my local AT&T store the other day fondling the 'berries when I tried to use its GPS program. There was a lot of lag and I just figured it being a bad building (one-story strip mall) and a floor model that was being abused by customers.
    Then I went to a Sprint store (similar building type) and did the same thing and that unit was just down right zippy! I know sprint has their nav service and AT&T has there's.

My question is shouldn't the GPS services work basically the same at the same speed? And has anyone noticed speed differences between nav services over diff. providers.
    my understanding is that the GPS on these phones are not trully using GPS signals, instead using the Data signal from the service provider, because of that the speed will be vary ( even with the same service provider, based on your location)
    12-03-07 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD