I have a bunch of friends with Android and iPhone (and a windows Phone) devices but whenever we meet its always my Q10 that's the star of the devices.

A friend of mine has a Galaxy S4 and another dual-sim Galaxy Duos that he got after he updated his Bold (?) only because he couldn't afford a Q10 for a secondary device.

My other friend has a Sony Xperia Z, while the other has an iPhone 5S, a Nokia 925, an HTC One, iPhone 5, some LG, an S3... but on every meeting, they just want to peek on my phone, type on the physical keyboard anything just to feel it or, whenever we r out or in a difficult place (and normally it's just me with a signal on my phone, something we all have noticed several time in several occasions).

We all agreed that mine was the sexiest and when things get serious, is the most reliable as well.

But things have changed after I downloaded the iGrann and the new 10.2.1 update,
    Here things got even more exciting, now we just play guessing what's my password (what number and where, they always lose).

Certainly it's not a daily activity and we don't spend our times on my phone. But the point is, they are much more aware of my phone than I am aware of theirs, and after they knew about the update and knowing now they can get the best of both worlds with android apps... everyone is thinking of getting a BlackBerry of their own (mostly a Q10 or its next version).

So my point is, BlackBerry doesn't have the Gargantuan features and specifications of other android or iOs phones nor the technical abilities of a 64bit iphone but still it is the most fun and entertaining phone + the one we can count on whenever we need among all of them.

For this hats off for BlackBerry.

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    01-31-14 05:05 AM
    Not the typical scenario that I am used to so its good to hear.
    01-31-14 05:15 AM
    I can second the reliability thing. I always have signal (and battery!) when others don't when we're out and about.
    And I'm always the one they ask for searching stuff on the net, and finding files and calendar appointments and whatnot at work. Cuz the Q10 rocks at finding stuff fast!
    People seems genuinely perplexed and surprised when at first they see the phone's capabilities. 'it can do that?!' and 'wow, it's quite fast isn't it!' and 'oh, that's quite clever...' are usual comments

Using Q10
    01-31-14 05:48 AM
    That is awesome! I had a dad, who works for Verizon, borrow my Z10 yesterday. When he handed it back. He asked how did I like the BlackBerry. I told him I have always been a Crackberry addict. He proceeds to say"but have u looked at other platforms ". So I said yes, we have owned Apple devices and have Android devices too in our household. Then I started listing all of the things that the BB10 has that sets it apart. He did not even know the difference between NFC and blue tooth. SMH.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-31-14 07:24 AM
    I had a dad, who works for Verizon, borrow my Z10 yesterday....
    Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    You had a dad? My condolences

I have had the usual questions and responses from a wide range of people, but now with the new update i dont have the explain an app gap, i dont have to explain that "no, my phone doesn't have a fancy password screen"... things should be much better from here on out, just need for people to see the features and understand how BB10 works

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:38 AM
    The Q10 rocks! BB10 is brilliant. But even Legacy users don't know about it. For God's sake Advertise BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    indeau and stlabrat like this.
    01-31-14 07:40 AM
    I'm due for an upgrade at work in April - Q10 is available, but I'm wondering if we'll know about the next QWERTY device by then! So conflicted. . . .
    01-31-14 01:50 PM
    Yes on April-May ill be having my phone for a year (first time I stay on a smartphone for a year) so ill be happy switching to a nice Q30 or Q50 with bigger screen and some nice specs. Hopefully.

01-31-14 02:50 PM
    My z10 brings all the girls to the yard (; well its starting to with the way I just swipe around and my fingers glide on the screen

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:16 PM
    It's cool when everyone else taking out S4, S3, iphone5, 5s.. and when I take my Q10 out and they be like "whooaaaa"

I think touch-screen-only phone is just too boring lol

Physical keyboard is sexy, so do Q10

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    01-31-14 07:11 PM
    This is for all my iphone friends as they search for an outlet.
    All my friends love my Q10-img_20140131_201704.png

Yes after 12 hours of good use!
    Posted via CB10
    Yazzzie likes this.
    01-31-14 07:21 PM
    I have a bunch of friends with Android and iPhone (and a windows Phone) devices but whenever we meet its always my Q10 that's the star of the devices.

A friend of mine has a Galaxy S4 and another dual-sim Galaxy Duos that he got after he updated his Bold (?) only because he couldn't afford a Q10 for a secondary device.

My other friend has a Sony Xperia Z, while the other has an iPhone 5S, a Nokia 925, an HTC One, iPhone 5, some LG, an S3... but on every meeting, they just want to peek on my phone, type on the physical keyboard anything just to feel it or, whenever we r out or in a difficult place (and normally it's just me with a signal on my phone, something we all have noticed several time in several occasions).

We all agreed that mine was the sexiest and when things get serious, is the most reliable as well.

But things have changed after I downloaded the iGrann and the new 10.2.1 update,
    Here things got even more exciting, now we just play guessing what's my password (what number and where, they always lose).

Certainly it's not a daily activity and we don't spend our times on my phone. But the point is, they are much more aware of my phone than I am aware of theirs, and after they knew about the update and knowing now they can get the best of both worlds with android apps... everyone is thinking of getting a BlackBerry of their own (mostly a Q10 or its next version).

So my point is, BlackBerry doesn't have the Gargantuan features and specifications of other android or iOs phones nor the technical abilities of a 64bit iphone but still it is the most fun and entertaining phone + the one we can count on whenever we need among all of them.

For this hats off for BlackBerry.

If they like it, has anyone bought it?

Extremely unhappy with T-Mobile not releasing 10.2 yet...
    01-31-14 07:23 PM
    The Q10 rocks! BB10 is brilliant. But even Legacy users don't know about it. For God's sake Advertise BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Awareness is key to any successful product. So far, BlackBerry is not doing a good job to make the world understand it's wonderful device.
    The carriers are not helping either. They are not motivated financially to do so.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 07:28 PM
    The Q10 is so Sexy and adorable. But the Sad part is that I couldn't afford the Q10 at the the time being. I wish BlackBerry can make the world know BlackBerry will be taking the lead again.

I want BlackBerry to embrace the Android side and BB10 OS, it will boost BB10 platform comparable to other platforms. And Yes, BlackBerry is the #1 device in the world. Even though I'm a teen... :P Ever since my first BlackBerry, I never regret coming to BlackBerry as a primary device.

Be Bold, Be BlackBerry.

Posted via CB 10, using BlackBerry Z10 on the SaskTel Network.
    world saviour likes this.
    02-04-14 12:49 AM
    BlackBerry's return will be slow and steady. It is at this point in time the best phone on the market. The ease of working a z10 with a single thumb stuns everyone. All the snide comments from Apple fans are gone as it is pretty clear that BlackBerry is setting the standard in terms of industrial design.

As to the Q10, it is simply the most beautiful device on the market. Ten years from know, it will still look gorgeous. I like the full touch screen on the Z10, but the Q10 is such a communication powerhouse. Oh, the temptation is there.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 02:59 AM
    I want BlackBerry to embrace the Android side and BB10 OS, it will boost BB10 platform comparable to other platforms.

Supporting Google Android applications natively may well prove to be BlackBerry's achilles heel. Application developers won't have any incentive to develop native BlackBerry software and BlackBerry will have less incentive to continue developing BlackBerry OS 10.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    02-04-14 03:23 AM
    Supporting Google Android applications natively may well prove to be BlackBerry's achilles heel. Application developers won't have any incentive to develop native BlackBerry software and BlackBerry will have less incentive to continue developing BlackBerry OS 10.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    I would disagree. I think it is a smart short and long term move. First short term, it allows users in western countries address their own personal App gap. Happy customers are return customers. Second, by opening the platform, developers are able to gage BB10 demand and reconsider their decision not to support it. Remember Android apps help, they are no substitute for a built for BlackBerry App.
    From a long term perspective, growth in the smartphone market is in the emerging countries. Customers are driven by price, communication necessities and App support. By opening it's system to Android, BlackBerry will in the next few months will be competitive in all three categories. Apple in contrast is uncompetitive which explains their disastrous rollout in China.
    It the end, it is all about positioning oneself in regards to the existing market. Android support is at present the correct decision.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 03:48 AM
    The Q10 is so Sexy and adorable. But the Sad part is that I couldn't afford the Q10 at the the time being. I wish BlackBerry can make the world know BlackBerry will be taking the lead again.

I want BlackBerry to embrace the Android side and BB10 OS, it will boost BB10 platform comparable to other platforms. And Yes, BlackBerry is the #1 device in the world. Even though I'm a teen... :P Ever since my first BlackBerry, I never regret coming to BlackBerry as a primary device.

Be Bold, Be BlackBerry.

Well said and welcome to Crackberry!
    02-04-14 07:44 AM