I am going to say what I said in another thread. What I cared for is how RIM was going to steer BlackBerry to help us interface with our environment in the future. I think Toast was the only feature I was looking forward to and availability dates. I did not give a hoot in regards to the unveiling of the phones today. Verizon is going to get an earful but I will put that squarely on Verizon.
    01-30-13 02:38 PM
    It's true about the white.

The release date and the news about the white exclusive to VZW really took the wind out of my sail.
    Bummer. No more carrier exclusive phones, except the color now. Typical Rim . Today was so dissapointing. Other phones will be looking better and better by the time this phone comes out here in the states.
    01-30-13 03:17 PM
    what the **** do you want????????????

its a phone
    What did you guys want rainbows and unicorns? Its a phone.
    They wanted to see Thor chow down on a Macintosh Apple and Jelly Beans, spit them out, dance on fictitious iPhone/Android graves, and take a wizz on a W8 phone.

Haters gonna hate....
    Have to be three of the best quotes I have ever read on any message board...EVER! Bravo!!
    01-30-13 03:21 PM
    It was a weird keynote.
    The first 10 minutes were a bit awkward, but still fun to watch. I was happy when finally Thorsten Heins came up and started to talk. When he announced that they would RIM rename to BlackBerry I was really surprised, in a positive way!
    When you could finally see the phones I almost got ecstatic. But then they started showing the things we already knew. They were fun, but nothing spectacular, some apps really looked cool. But I really expected to see something about integration. I really hoped they would show what you could do with it with your car, of how you could use it as your computer or something.
    I'm a little bit disappointed about that, but the devices really look cool!
    01-30-13 03:30 PM
    Have to be three of the best quotes I have ever read on any message board...EVER! Bravo!!

LOL, its amusing how people have to be talked off the ledge...
    fkornre likes this.
    01-30-13 03:33 PM
    absolutely.
    and i notice the ones who overhyped the phone aggresively are nowhere to be seen.
    Up all night. Sleeping. Heh.
    01-30-13 03:42 PM
    Sooo many questions...

BBM video chat: over carrier networks too or WiFi only?
    That one is easy. Seeing as BBM Voice is WiFi only, you can bet BBM Video will be as well.
    01-30-13 03:44 PM
    I'm disappointed because it seems like they really missed an opportunity to really show off ALL the features. They had the press there, and really could show off some things that may otherwise be overlooked (such as toast notifications, etc.). They didn't show off the browser, give specs, show off third-party apps (not just that they have some), etc. It was underwhelming because the big features were already shown off extensively, and they didn't really show off something new.

We learned a few things though: Alicia Keys being a creative directory of something (seems more PR than anything, but we'll see), RIM renamed to be BlackBerry (which was a pleasant surprise), the qwerty model being named the Q10 (seems fitting), and that the US release is much further than anyone really thought (major disappointment).

I'm still excited about BB10 and the new devices, but overall the event was Meh. I really think RIM should have gave a broader overview of RIM, with many specific demonstrations and pointing out features. I was hoping for more about M2M implications and BB10 on PlayBook details. It seemed to abruptly end. They should have had the region-specific stuff streamed too, with Q&A and all that.
    01-30-13 03:56 PM
    I'm disappointed because it seems like they really missed an opportunity to really show off ALL the features. They had the press there, and really could show off some things that may otherwise be overlooked (such as toast notifications, etc.). They didn't show off the browser, give specs, show off third-party apps (not just that they have some), etc. It was underwhelming because the big features were already shown off extensively, and they didn't really show off something new.

We learned a few things though: Alicia Keys being a creative directory of something (seems more PR than anything, but we'll see), RIM renamed to be BlackBerry (which was a pleasant surprise), the qwerty model being named the Q10 (seems fitting), and that the US release is much further than anyone really thought (major disappointment).

I'm still excited about BB10 and the new devices, but overall the event was Meh. I really think RIM should have gave a broader overview of RIM, with many specific demonstrations and pointing out features. I was hoping for more about M2M implications and BB10 on PlayBook details. It seemed to abruptly end. They should have had the region-specific stuff streamed too, with Q&A and all that.

Well, when the live feed shut off, everybody at the launch site didn't pick up and go home, the events were still going. You cannot say they didn't show that stuff
    01-30-13 03:59 PM
    That one is easy. Seeing as BBM Voice is WiFi only, you can bet BBM Video will be as well.
    what you talking about can be used over network.

I still have'nt see the toast features?? when will we see that??
    01-30-13 04:00 PM
    Uh oh, you're going to summon the "tools not toys" brigade. But no, ita with you. I don't use Netflix or Hulu but tens of millions of smartphone users do; moreover, the availability of these apps would have enfranchised BB from the cellar of mobile irrelevancy. The lack of native apps is telling and it delegitimizes Blackberry for the average consumer and really for the whole industry, which then translates into developers not wanting to develop. It's a crappy cycle, but nonetheless there it is. And lest we all forget how Blackberry n�e RIM got into this mess in the first place.
    yeah Im not about to have anyone hit me with that crap. Ive been here too long for that lol. its a nice lil motto but not one thats gonna get BB anywhere. Honestly, i probably wouldnt use Netflix either as i feel their selection is lacking, but i would still love the option of having it there. I would like to see hulu, slingbox, words with friends, instagram...i understand that none of us know all the hurdles RIM faces behind closed doors to get these major apps, and I understand that it might not even be about money at this point because if it were, Microsofts WP platform would have had them apps from the start by just paying developers so im chalking it up to it being a new platform that has to prove itself...but where were the big surprises lol. Like I said before, its almost like they still havent shown off everything.

I dont want anyone to take my posts the wrong way. BB10 still looks amazing to me and im getting it the day its available in the US, but i am underwhelmed. All this waiting and not nearly enough "OMG" features revealed. I never expected this version 1.0 OS to be more polished that IOS and Android but them users really werent given a reason to try BB10 IMO. No BB Bridge on BB10, no mention of possibilities of M2M capabilities, no kind of icloud competitor (would have been wonderful to have)...huge omissions IMO
    01-30-13 04:44 PM
    yeah Im not about to have anyone hit me with that crap. Ive been here too long for that lol. its a nice lil motto but not one thats gonna get BB anywhere. Honestly, i probably wouldnt use Netflix either as i feel their selection is lacking, but i would still love the option of having it there. I would like to see hulu, slingbox, words with friends, instagram...i understand that none of us know all the hurdles RIM faces behind closed doors to get these major apps, and I understand that it might not even be about money at this point because if it were, Microsofts WP platform would have had them apps from the start by just paying developers so im chalking it up to it being a new platform that has to prove itself...but where were the big surprises lol. Like I said before, its almost like they still havent shown off everything.

I dont want anyone to take my posts the wrong way. BB10 still looks amazing to me and im getting it the day its available in the US, but i am underwhelmed. All this waiting and not nearly enough "OMG" features revealed. I never expected this version 1.0 OS to be more polished that IOS and Android but them users really werent given a reason to try BB10 IMO. No BB Bridge on BB10, no mention of possibilities of M2M capabilities, no kind of icloud competitor (would have been wonderful to have)...huge omissions IMO
    bridge is there for BB10 but they didnt talk at all about the "platform" really so you wouldnt know that it was there lol
    01-30-13 05:04 PM
    100% agree
    SixStringMadness likes this.
    01-30-13 05:05 PM
    Up all night. Sleeping. Heh.
    IM BACK baby!!!!!!!
    01-30-13 05:05 PM
    Wasn't there a rumor (yes...I know what we're supposed to do with rumors lol) that both would work on carrier networks when the Z10 came out?
    01-30-13 05:07 PM
    Wasn't there a rumor (yes...I know what we're supposed to do with rumors lol) that both would work on carrier networks when the Z10 came out?
    think that was a wish more than a rumour
    01-30-13 05:15 PM
    For all the US Crackberry fans you have waited two years for this release what's a couple more months!!
    No different then us Canadians waiting every year for the warm weather to get here 2 months after you have it.
    We have seen every inch of the phone so nothing was a surprise today but still exciting for Blackberry to get this ball a rolling.

Being the good people here in the north we will certainly share with you our thoughts on the devices performance next week. That is the least we can do.
    01-30-13 05:20 PM
    I didn't find it underwhelming at all. That's cause I was all curled up in mah warm bed while it was all going down. Skype was pretty important to showcase during it tho, get that massive part of it out there.
    01-30-13 05:25 PM
    bridge is there for BB10 but they didnt talk at all about the "platform" really so you wouldnt know that it was there lol
    Yes sir' you are correct Matt and i just cant understand why lol. Today was pretty much just about the phones launching and I almost wanna ask if there is another event scheduled to discuss more features. QNX has been HYPED TO DEATH by some members here and we all know the possibilities it has, but not talking about them at all was the biggest let down for me...plus no timeline for the PlayBook BB10 update makes me feel like its gonna be quite a wait for it.

Still cant wait to get my hands on it, but just expected a little more wow factor for all the wait we've been thru...
    01-30-13 05:26 PM
    Yes sir' you are correct Matt and i just cant understand why lol. Today was pretty much just about the phones launching and I almost wanna ask if there is another event scheduled to discuss more features. QNX has been HYPED TO DEATH by some members here and we all know the possibilities it has, but not talking about them at all was the biggest let down for me...plus no timeline for the PlayBook BB10 update makes me feel like its gonna be quite a wait for it.

Still cant wait to get my hands on it, but just expected a little more wow factor for all the wait we've been thru...
    the "platform" topic is hard. I didnt want them to release another PB or talk about bb10 for the current playbook much if at all BUT i did expect some type of talk about it.
    01-30-13 05:32 PM
    Well, when the live feed shut off, everybody at the launch site didn't pick up and go home, the events were still going. You cannot say they didn't show that stuff
    I understand that, but that didn't help any of us watching from home. My point was that anything else that was to be shown will rely on the media and blogs to relay that information effectively and accurately. RIM (err BlackBerry) had a chance to thoroughly tell their story and left many of us disappointed. Maybe in the grand scheme of things it won't matter since there are far more people that didn't watch it at all than that did. It just doesn't help when your fervent fan base has the wind sucked from their sails, and curious but otherwise cynical tech lovers don't feel wowed.
    01-30-13 06:30 PM
    It's true about the white.

The release date and the news about the white exclusive to VZW really took the wind out of my sail.
    I dare you to march into your local VZW store with your cute ferret friends ans set them loose on the staff. Just make sure you record the event and post it here. I need proof of mischief before I transfer the cash. LOL "Why officer my precious ferrets would never attack without provocation (or their mother's gentle suggestion)".
    01-30-13 07:09 PM
    Objectively I give today's presentation two thumbs down. Bring in the lions.
    rottonj likes this.
    01-30-13 07:10 PM
    the "platform" topic is hard. I didnt want them to release another PB or talk about bb10 for the current playbook much if at all BUT i did expect some type of talk about it.
    I agree with that. A new playbook wasn't needed...i just wouldve liked more explanation/proof of why QNX was such the good choice to build the platform on that we all know it is. lol its hard to explain i guess. You only get one first impression, and while this was a good one, I feel like they had the opportunity to really show what this platform is really capable of that the competition simply cant do.

I'll be the first to admit unlike many on here man....until RIM bought QNX, i had no that it even existed and what other companies used it lol. Mayb i've just bought into too much of the hype around crackberry about QNX lol???...
    01-30-13 07:22 PM
    I guess a 3+ month wait BlackBerry Live isnt too long of a wait for more info cant-watch:
    01-30-13 07:26 PM
101 ... 2345