I'm always in acceptance. I use a BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone though.

So for me, it's about embracing technology. It's peaks and flaws, I love learning about them. I'm in it for the pleasure.

It's like having Italian, Mexican, Chinese, and American food all at one buffet.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-27-15 06:07 AM
    I'm always in acceptance. I use a BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone though.

So for me, it's about embracing technology. It's peaks and flaws, I love learning about them. I'm in it for the pleasure.

It's like having Italian, Mexican, Chinese, and American food all at one buffet.

Preach
    jaydee5799 and JRF_1986 like this.
    08-27-15 06:24 AM
    I'm in it for the pleasure.

つ(ಠ‿ಠ) つ

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    08-27-15 06:26 AM
    つ(ಠ‿ಠ) つ

What is that face for? Is it bad?

┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

lift likes this.
    08-27-15 06:31 AM
    Idk, my friend made it. Makes me laugh every time. Including this: (╯�‿�)╯︵ ┻━┻
    ┻━┻︵ \(�‿�)/ ︵ ┻━┻

08-27-15 06:35 AM
    Idk, my friend made it. Makes me laugh every time. Including this: (╯�‿�)╯︵ ┻━┻
    ┻━┻︵ \(�‿�)/ ︵ ┻━┻

Hilarious part is I'm using that exact unicode face in my link system at work (Like a messenger for the whole company). Our systems have been jacked up lately and that's my way of protesting.

I found this to be oddly humorous. Lack of sleep I think.

08-27-15 06:40 AM
    Baby steps going for the Big picture,lol
    08-27-15 06:45 AM
    So for me, it's about embracing technology. It's peaks and flaws, I love learning about them.
    You mean peek and flow?
    08-27-15 07:22 AM
    You mean peek and flow?
    I mean like what it's good for and what it's not. My wording can be a little weird.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    08-27-15 07:23 AM
    Acceptance: Move on to another vendor that values it's customers.

Posted via Z30
    THIS^^^^
    And I have and it's been a great experience. Android does everything that BB10 does....except for the hub. Other than the hub, i don't really miss anything in my Android that my Z30 has. Will i buy a slider? with a pkb? Get real. When BB makes another modern phone i will consider it.
    08-27-15 08:22 AM
    *1st Stage: DENIAL

"BB10 is about productivity, getting things done. Prosumers are the target. Consumers aren't the focus. It's impossible to duplicate the BB10 experience on Android. Apps are for kids..."

**2nd Stage: ANGER

"Screw Blackberry I am getting a Windows phone or a Jolla phone(...yes a Jolla phone, so much for the productivity argument...). I will never use a Droid. I had one in 2010 and it lagged like crazy!"

***3rd Stage: BARGAINING

"Who needs Android. If Blackberry just markets better they will sell more phones. If they create an amazing all touch device, it would sell like hotcakes...no, better yet we need a physical keyboard with the toolbelt and people will flock back. Apps aren't important I can just go to the website on my Web browser, it's about productivity; PROSUMERS, let's just focus on enterprise and the consumers will follow...right?"

****4th Stage: DEPRESSION

"I think I will just go back to a dumbphone...Goodbye Blackberry. Kevin is a traitor... Him and his stupid Apple phone, I bet he tucks it between his legs when he sleeps...Chen destroyed Blackberry..."

*****Alas the final Stage: ACCEPTANCE

"This is just a phone. Blackberry is a business-not my friend. I love BB10, but I'll give this Android experiment a shot...why not. If it's a means to the preservation of my favorite OS, then why not. As long as it has the BB10 feel...Why was I so worried about what phone everyone else was using?"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Best post ever made!!! SO true!!!!
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    08-27-15 09:08 AM
    Early convert I might become
    08-27-15 09:15 AM
    THIS^^^^
    And I have and it's been a great experience. Android does everything that BB10 does....except for the hub. Other than the hub, i don't really miss anything in my Android that my Z30 has. Will i buy a slider? with a pkb? Get real. When BB makes another modern phone i will consider it.
    Wow. Dropping like flies. I'm waiting for the iPhone event to see what the new iPhone and iOS9 offer, leaning that way, then will compare to Samsung offerings, but Apple would have to blow it to not go that route for me. My parents and sister, have them, we have more being issued at work and are doing advanced integration testing with them. I simply don't get BlackBerry's sheer negligence of the end user. They still have that keep the CIO happy while ignoring the person who has the phone in their hands.

Posted via Z30
    techvisor likes this.
    08-27-15 09:34 AM

"BB10 is about productivity, getting things done. Prosumers are the target. Consumers aren't the focus. It's impossible to duplicate the BB10 experience on Android. Apps are for kids..."

"Screw Blackberry I am getting a Windows phone or a Jolla phone(...yes a Jolla phone, so much for the productivity argument...). I will never use a Droid. I had one in 2010 and it lagged like crazy!"

"Who needs Android. If Blackberry just markets better they will sell more phones. If they create an amazing all touch device, it would sell like hotcakes...no, better yet we need a physical keyboard with the toolbelt and people will flock back. Apps aren't important I can just go to the website on my Web browser, it's about productivity; PROSUMERS, let's just focus on enterprise and the consumers will follow...right?"

"I think I will just go back to a dumbphone...Goodbye Blackberry. Kevin is a traitor... Him and his stupid Apple phone, I bet he tucks it between his legs when he sleeps...Chen destroyed Blackberry..."

"This is just a phone. Blackberry is a business-not my friend. I love BB10, but I'll give this Android experiment a shot...why not. If it's a means to the preservation of my favorite OS, then why not. As long as it has the BB10 feel...Why was I so worried about what phone everyone else was using?"

I think this was JC'S plan from the beginning. If BB 10 goes away then he's been lying all along. Maybe he made a under the table deal with Samsung long ago and now the plan is taking shape. Look at the stock price.

This was all done on purpose.

The best thing he could have done was to make an all touch Passport along with the PKB one. BlackBerry would be in better shape as far as sales go.

We want a SE all touch Passport Now with the slider specs!

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    08-27-15 09:43 AM
    I think BB could have stablished in the niche market of those who requieres few apps and good workflow in simple things like the mail, f.e. in my family, 3 of 5 people need few apps including me, but only my father got it, because I gave him a Q10 (fantastic OS), I just wanted to migrate to BB10 but I am not fan of PKB and I wanted full touch screen with a good camera, none of the actual products of BB are good for my taste. 99% of the people think that BB is dead, so BB as a company can enjoy its marketshare in smartphones because they deserve it by all the actions or not actions that they have taken, including the Chen era.
    08-27-15 10:35 AM
    It amazes me how people get attached to their phones. Lol!

Z30 10.3.2.2252
    08-27-15 10:38 AM

IMO...you need review your life priorities, just like a bunch of people that think they "need" a new smartphone every 8~12 months. Consumerism Marketing make you think you do...but nobody "needs" a new smartphone every other year. Getting emotional about a smartphone, really?
    08-27-15 11:06 AM

I feel the same, it confuses me that some seem to think you can only choose one or the other.

I use a Lumia 830, Q10, Z10 (retired), Moto X 2013, Moto G 2014 (work), iP5s and gave my mom my Lumia 1320. Every platform has it's pros and cons, so just use what best meets and satisfies your needs.
    08-27-15 12:33 PM
    Someone needs to turn off the forums until all this Android noise sorts itself out. (completely unrealistic) Everyone is picking a side they are on (ok not everyone...). Hope you all are wrong! Cause then, the forums will be interesting again.
    08-27-15 12:55 PM
    I always loved BB10 because of how it flowed and all the things it could do. Lack of apps was/is huge. There is no denying that. Not as big of deal for me and other folks here as we are comfortable patching APK's. I wouldn't call myself an outlier as much as I would say that I am concerned about lack of competition in the market and am more than happy to support one of the underdogs if it means they stick around and push the incumbents to continue innovating.

I truly hope Microsoft can build a meaningful app ecosystem with project islandwood, etc, and grab some meaningful market share. We will all win if they succeed.

In terms of moving to a BB10 slider. Right now I will say no, but i will reserve judgment until I actually see it in person.

As for iOS, it's great at the things it can do. It's the basic things it doesn't do that is keeping me away (ie no file manager, no ability to plug in USB keys, proprietary connectors, etc)
    08-27-15 01:33 PM
    [QUOTE=RH1Pearl;11882225]Here's another rub - I'm sure some BB users like Taylor Swift & Camrys[/QUOTE

No rub at all. I was just replying to a poster whom inferred that doing as the majority does is logical by citing examples of how not following the crowd can be much more gratifying. It sure seems to have struck a conformist defensive nerve judging by the multiple replies.

Btw and for the record, my dad has a Camry and my daughter likes Taylor Swift and they both use a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 02:09 PM
    I love Taylor Swift makes blondes hot again.
    Also couldn't agree more with OP.
    Nominated for post of the year. Also can't wait to try that sexy af Blackberry'd version of Android.

Supporting the workers struggle world wide via my BB,Z30
    08-27-15 04:09 PM
    IMO...you need review your life priorities, just like a bunch of people that think they "need" a new smartphone every 8~12 months. Consumerism Marketing make you think you do...but nobody "needs" a new smartphone every other year. Getting emotional about a smartphone, really?
    Lol. Great advise for...somebody, i guess? Who is this advise for? Who said they "need" a smartphone every 8~12 months?

solitude1984 likes this.
    08-27-15 05:51 PM
    Apparently the life priority is to let EVERYONE know how the OP is FEELING ... at any given time. Other people use their phones to make phone calls, read and answer their emails and occasionally visit the forums to see what's up and then they do other stuff.
    08-27-15 06:14 PM
    Prepare for the incoming wave of BlackBerry Loyalists.

They'll just tell you to go eat cake.
    There's cake?
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    08-27-15 08:05 PM
112 12345