My parents have gone nuts! My grade weren't to hot this period and they've lost it. The have suspended my BlackBerry for 3 MONTHS! I don't know what to do. I need that device. It's incredible and keeps track of everything! AHHHHHHHHHH!
    12-08-08 06:56 PM
    maybe you should just get better grades
    12-08-08 06:59 PM
    maybe you should just get better grades
    sounds like a good thought.
    12-08-08 07:00 PM
    It could of been worse. Take it away completely.

Ps. Now get your grades up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 07:00 PM
    O_o

the world's smallest fiddle is playing.
    I'm so siding with the parentals on this one. It's for your own good.
    Also... it's not like you're entirely shut off from the world if you're here writing about it
    12-08-08 07:02 PM
    I think 3 months is harsh (and I'm a mom)!
    12-08-08 07:05 PM
    Hmm. *nibbles a donut*.. Mmph. So you're like totally saying, Life and not meeting expectations *nibble-mmph* has, like - consequences and stuff.

Interesting.
    3 months sucks - but then it wouldn't be a lesson, would it?
    Get those grades up!

And just a thought, maybe sit and tell your parents why your BB is so important to you - maybe they'll go light on you and only keep it for a Month.
    Best of luck with that.
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 12-08-08 at 07:30 PM.
    12-08-08 07:23 PM
    3 months — 90 days. That's about right. Long enough to make a statement. You'll never let your grades slip again, will you? Mission accomplished.
    12-08-08 07:32 PM
    I'm in high school and I have payed for my phone since I have had one. Prevents the parents from taking it away (of course I usually manage good grades ha).

I can't imagine three months without my berry. Seems like an effective punishment.

12-08-08 08:31 PM
    well.. truth be known parent's rules are parent's rules and if your in there control whether you pay for it or not.. There rules are there rules.. ahha

I think you will manage though =)
    12-08-08 09:03 PM
    If I had a Blackberry when I was in school... well that would have been a huge problem for me. :~|

I know there are a lot of folks here siding with your folks and I'll try and put this as gracefully as possible... must be a weak moment in recognizing and admiting their own addictions . I can see where they are coming from... but as a true addict myself, my heart goes out to you and you have my sympathies.

Now that being said, what are you doing reading this when you should be studying

12-08-08 09:13 PM
    Hit the books kid. What are you doing here anyways? This isn't homework. Go study. Mom and Dad deserve kudos.
    12-08-08 09:21 PM
    well.. truth be known parent's rules are parent's rules and if your in there control whether you pay for it or not.. There rules are there rules.. ahha
    I think you will manage though =)
    Yep...that's the way it was, when I was a kid. If my parents had said "No...whatever", that would have been the end of it � regardless of who paid for what.

You only get to do things your way, when you're grown and out taking care of yourself � all the bills.
    12-08-08 10:12 PM
    Now here's a novel idea ... discipline.

Spend the time studying that you used to spend on your BB and those grades will look significantly improved in 90 days. Then ... don't forget what life was like without your BB and don't let the grades slip again.

Parents are predictable. The next time, they may double the sentence ... or take it away for good.
    12-08-08 10:23 PM
    3 months is a long time w/o your BB but take it as 3mo to prove them wrong! Maybe they will let you have it back sooner than u thought. Maybe after a month depending on how your improving they will let u have it back some. But the true test to pass is proving that you can get good grades not only without your BB but with your BB too.

12-08-08 10:28 PM
    You could do like I did in high school I got a part time job paid my own tuition and excess bills so my parents didn't care about my grades as much. True they got mad but I threw it up that I was paying my tuition.

12-08-08 11:42 PM
    You could do like I did in high school I got a part time job paid my own tuition and excess bills so my parents didn't care about my grades as much. True they got mad but I threw it up that I was paying my tuition.

Well this explains a lot.

Anyhow, OP, your parents aren't being unreasonable; low grades? Loss of privilages. Period.

12-08-08 11:47 PM
    Gotta love parents who resort to overkill. Wait I am one of those parents! 3 months is that the length of a grading period? If so, good job Mom-o and Pop-o (taken from The Patty Duke Show)

You need food, water, and shelter. You need good grades!!! You need to open some texys books more often!!!
    12-08-08 11:59 PM
    Life has consequences. Work harder in school and then you can get the reward of having your blackberry back.

And don't act like you have it tough....your parents got you a blackberry....a lot of parents would not.
    12-09-08 12:47 AM
    If I remember correctly (been a while now) until you are 18 your parents are responsible for your actions. WAY TO GO MOM AND POP.
    Ask yourself this question: What do I want to do with my life?
    Do you want to be working at Burger King when you are 40 or would you rather have a good job with nice things that you were able to pay for yourself?
    Mom and Dad were pretty cool to get you a BB in the first place, the least you could do is have a little respect for them and show that their money and faith were not wasted. When I was in school if I wanted something other than the basics, I had to pay for it myself (I worked full time from the age of 16) and that included my first car (the big thing to a kid when I was growing up). NOW go hit the books and WORK towards getting your berry back.
    12-09-08 12:56 AM
    Gotta love parents who resort to overkill. Wait I am one of those parents! 3 months is that the length of a grading period? If so, good job Mom-o and Pop-o (taken from The Patty Duke Show)

You need food, water, and shelter. You need good grades!!! You need to open some texys books more often!!!
    This was almost what I was going to say....except without the Patty Duke reference. LOL
    12-09-08 09:28 AM
    My parents have gone nuts! My grade weren't to hot this period and they've lost it. The have suspended my BlackBerry for 3 MONTHS! I don't know what to do. I need that device. It's incredible and keeps track of everything! AHHHHHHHHHH!
    I will tell you the same thing I told my 17 year old cousin. Get your grades up and keep them up. Grades will get you a LOT further in life than a phone of ANY kind. I love my crackberry, but education is more important.

You WILL live and hopefully you will learn an important lesson.

It could be WORSE. My uncle grounded my cousins once (when we were kids) for an ENTIRE SEMESTER. He took her TV, VCR, and radio out of her room. Every day after dinner she had to go STRAIGHT to her room and study and couldn't come out other than to use the bathroom or to quiz.
    12-09-08 11:42 AM
    Must have been pretty bad for a three month sentence... Why not show them how it has become a useful device and how it will keep you in tune with your studies.
    Because it is apparently detracting from studies...
    12-09-08 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD