01-17-13 02:48 PM
    How about some Underdog?

sleepngbear and pmccartney like this.
    01-17-13 02:56 PM
    What exactly do you mean by "stakeholders"? That's a misleading statement in the extreme, because if it's only for people who hold stock then a lot of people are in for some very nasty surprises around here.
    Stakeholder != stockholder

Also, bacon.
    Aggression on crackberry putting off potential new blackberry users-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358456398.666735.jpg
    01-17-13 03:00 PM
    It started off as a fan site and became something else when it got sold. What exactly do you mean by "stakeholders"? That's a misleading statement in the extreme, because if it's only for people who hold stock then a lot of people are in for some very nasty surprises around here.
    A stakeholder is not necessarily a stockholder (shareholder) but a stockholder is by definition a stakeholder. If you are still confused read a project management book or listen to a government committee meeting with members of the public and other interested parties. "Stakeholder, an entity that can be affected by the results of that in which they are said to be stakeholders, i.e., that in which they have a stake." ---> Stakeholder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-17-13 03:05 PM
    Stakeholder != stockholder

Also, bacon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358456398.666735.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	131659
    You could have cooked the bacon instead of serving it raw. (licks fingers, smacks lips)
    01-17-13 03:06 PM
    How about some Underdog?

Ooooorrrrrrrr

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    sleepngbear and ubizmo like this.
    01-17-13 03:25 PM
    Oh yea some Dead will calm down the aggression for sure!!!!! How about some "Birdsong"?

Or
    "Once in a while you get shown the light in the stranges of places if you look at it right"
    Scalet Begonias - Garcia/Hunter
    01-17-13 03:37 PM
    While I find threads get hostile do to some aggressive members who like to bash anything non-RIM, I can say anytime I have posted a thread asking a question, people here have been extremely helpful. It might help that I do a search, or add a post to similar active threads rather than just blindly posting though.

I guess people just have to remember that there are people who have never used a forum before though. Telling them to use the search, or pointing them in the right direction takes about as long as calling them names lol.
    01-17-13 03:58 PM
    86.5 proof
    Just right for mellow...
    01-18-13 12:34 AM
    While I find threads get hostile do to some aggressive members who like to bash anything non-RIM, I can say anytime I have posted a thread asking a question, people here have been extremely helpful. It might help that I do a search, or add a post to similar active threads rather than just blindly posting though.

I guess people just have to remember that there are people who have never used a forum before though. Telling them to use the search, or pointing them in the right direction takes about as long as calling them names lol.
    Generally, when one looks at the member asking the question, a post count is of help, as some are not regular contributors or new. I've not jumped at anyone that didn't have it coming, because I remember being new and totally tech illiterate. I see people that post who it is obvious don't use English as their mother tongue, so they may not know how to phrase the question they're asking. It takes a little time on a forum to know which questions to ask. I've seen people drive forum members crazy dealing witha problem like a phone that was fubar after a repair and express frustration, when they themselves were looking at the wrong angle.

When I first started a CB, I got maybe two responses to my Hello post. Ok, that didn't seem to go so well. But I shrugged it off and dove in, and when I'm working the boards, when I see a newbie, I post a greeting and welcome aboard. Seems trivial to busy members, I understand some don't care about niceties, but people that aren't obviously here to start trouble should be welcomed. I'm thankful of the other members that take the time to do this, also.

It doesn't take a lot to make the member experience either hellish or happy. Folks should remember that golden rule, treat others as you'd wish to be treated.
    01-18-13 12:48 AM
    This is true, and I'm thinking primarily of newbies....

Other folks should be smacked around with a rotten halibut....
    And you'd do that just for the halibut, wouldn't you?
    Barljo, BergerKing and kbz1960 like this.
    01-18-13 12:52 AM
    We were supposed to bring cups?
    Im a bottle baby
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-18-13 12:56 AM
    Weren't you going to pass some Dixie cups around??
    Yeah, on the way. I'm sure some young members are scratching a head on this one. Also, No chaser. Melt an ice cube if someone needs a mixer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-18-13 05:37 AM
    How about some Underdog?

LOL.
    BTW, the look on your face with the ladies in the background- priceless!!
    pkcable likes this.
    01-18-13 12:17 PM
    Anyone with any hint of negativity is getting flamed with high aggression.There's a launch coming we buzzed up yet people want to join CB of all times to post some looser downer crap about it not being all that android skins,nothing new,its just live tiles.GTFO replys are obviously gonna happen especially right now.

So please do as the song says.

Last edited by RECOOL; 01-18-13 at 04:50 PM.
    01-18-13 02:42 PM
    In my experience here there is about the same level of aggression and fanaticism here as on the apple websites. It is extremely off putting when people ask questions or continually call others "stupid" for getting other phones. I came here for a community and have found a click. Anyone asks any questions that even remotely brings down Blackberry from Godhood, you get called a troll.
    shaleem likes this.
    01-18-13 02:57 PM
    LOL.
    BTW, the look on your face with the ladies in the background- priceless!!
    Yea, your blocking the ladies, lots of legs there lol
    Blacklatino likes this.
    01-18-13 03:10 PM
    In my experience here there is about the same level of aggression and fanaticism here as on the apple websites. It is extremely off putting when people ask questions or continually call others "stupid" for getting other phones. I came here for a community and have found a click. Anyone asks any questions that even remotely brings down Blackberry from Godhood, you get called a troll.
    I can give you hints on what medications to use for the wounds. They will heal and you will develop an immunity to even the worst fanboys' venom.
    And then you will have won. Their desperation and irrationality will have become evident.

01-18-13 04:30 PM
    Double

BergerKing likes this.
    01-18-13 04:30 PM
    Double

Nice pair.

Oops, wrong thread.
    01-18-13 04:36 PM
    You're right OP. This is exactly the type of response we need to discourage, because it makes people reluctant to post. If someone has a rumour, they are browbeaten if their rumour doesn't turn out to be correct. Sure, there are those who are trolls posting "joke" rumours but even then, hostile responses just 'feed the troll'. So, we should all raise the level of discourse here.
    westiewanderer and rottonj like this.
    01-24-13 09:33 AM
    You're right OP. This is exactly the type of response we need to discourage, because it makes people reluctant to post. If someone has a rumour, they are browbeaten if their rumour doesn't turn out to be correct. Sure, there are those who are trolls posting "joke" rumours but even then, hostile responses just 'feed the troll'. So, we should all raise the level of discourse here.
    I would consider the linked thread very tame in terms of what tends to be posted around here.
    01-24-13 09:40 AM
    Yeah, on the way. I'm sure some young members are scratching a head on this one. Also, No chaser. Melt an ice cube if someone needs a mixer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    maybe if you said "red solo cup" the youngsters will recognize! *Grins*
    01-24-13 09:53 AM
    I would consider the linked thread very tame in terms of what tends to be posted around here.
    Fair enough... but would you say that the linked post is the KIND of post that the OP is complaining about?
    01-24-13 11:08 AM
    Fair enough... but would you say that the linked post is the KIND of post that the OP is complaining about?
    Doubtful... I see no aggressive responses anywhere in that thread.
    01-24-13 11:25 AM
201 ... 6789