truth be told, i'm sick of the way some people here reply. they assume that everyone here sticks on the forums 20/7 like they do.

i recently came across a thread by someone asking if bb10 would come to the playbook (or something along those lines) and got instantly shot down. same with the "is skype going to be on bb10".

as the largest blackberry fansite, if people are going to face such hostility they are not going to come back. and they will rely on other websites that spew "rubbish" for information and in turn spread the "rumours" to their friends. and the people on here blame tech sites.

voila, one full circle. as blackberry 10 gains more attention, site traffic is going to increase and mods have to start picking out individuals who just have to be hostile for the sake of it. if you don't like a thread, move on. you don't expect a new person to scour the forums to see if instagram will be on bb10. this is not how forums work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-15-13 08:12 AM
    I have to agree to a certain extent but the site has 2+ million subscribers and it�s a public forum where everyone and anyone can join and post opinions. You can�t control everyone. For the most part, people here are nice and considerate.

As for someone being put off on a brand. I would find it hard to believe that someone would punish a brand because someone on a public forum offended them. Crackberry does not represent RIM. I see your point though.
    01-15-13 08:19 AM
    I think the reason they get those types of answers is because the info is already out there and all any has to do is search and they will most likely find the answer.
    01-15-13 08:20 AM
    Actually just about every forum I've been on people expect you to use the search function. Even a Google search of "BlackBerry 10 coming to Playbook" shows about five hits right away of different sites with "RIM confirms BlackBerry 10 is coming to Playbook".
    01-15-13 08:29 AM
    This attitude to "frequently asked questions" is not uncommon on discussion boards. I am on a "good deals" discussion forum where if you repost an existing deal you are given the internet equivalent of "Duuuuh!" SECONDS after you post. No one who is deal hunting wants to waste time reviewing and then disregarding a "repost".

If you feel that CrackBerry.com discussion forums are hostile to reposts, perhaps you are new to discussion forums in general... don't let it disuade you from participating, but do try to know discussion forum etiquette (which oddly doesn't necessarily include choosing words for politeness or even being considerate of "newbies").

Don't take it personally.
    01-15-13 08:30 AM
    I think the reason they get those types of answers is because the info is already out there and all any has to do is search and they will most likely find the answer.
    Yeah when you create a thread it suggests similar ones and I know that threads about skype and BB10 on PB will have been suggested when these new threads were started. So no, people shouldn't be rude to new users but equally new users should use their eyes.
    01-15-13 08:31 AM
    Everyones entitled to their view.
    I will say I was very nearly put off buying my first ever BlackBerry when I came to CrackBerry to do some research prior to making a purchase decision.
    I decided to try a BlackBerry anyway and was blown away at the time but Im sure theres plenty of people who would consider it, come and get a hostile reaction here and then decide against it.
    Modding is obviously thankless but I do feel theres some severe bias shown from certain mods so certain views are allowed to go on and on, others get buried or infractions get handed out heavy handedly if you annoy the wrong member with a mod pal.

Oh well, thats life, if you dont want it you can choose to go to another site I guess, or reduce your posts, which is the option I took.
    Its a clear example for why CrackBerry as an app or a forum shouldnt be embedded in BB10 as some have suggested, its not always the most noob friendly place, and you really need to know who you can and who you cant tick off, which isnt what most people look for in a forum.

BlackBerry fans dont have a lot of choice though, sadly.
    01-15-13 08:32 AM
    It actually goes beyond that. When you create a new thread on Crackberry, the forums will automatically ask if the thread already exists and offer suggestions to existing threads with the same or similar names.
    Although if a reply is rude, then I can understand people potentially being put off by the forums, but I also think it's a bit of a stretch to imagine a person would be put off a smartphone maker because of what happens in a public forum (as neteng1000 said just before).

The impetus lies with the new (or existing) user to take 10 seconds to look at the suggested existing threads and read them.

Si.
    01-15-13 08:34 AM
    I think it a calling it aggression is a bit harsh.... if anything it is frustration....I am not on the forum 24/7 but if you do even a tiny bit of research you would not post some of the questions and coments.... seriously.... how many questions about Skype and Netflix do we have have to suffer through????? for me it is laziness on a few members part.... how about spending a little time on the forum and learn about the isssues in the community.... do not think it is a lot to ask..... after all there are two parts to any forum.... answer questions and become informed by utilizing the threads.... seems some think it is only the questions....

to be honest... there must be a lot of thinned skinned users on the site.... the mods to a great job making sure other members to not get out of line.... sure the odd user leaves a nasty comment but to make that a general statement that is is purvsasive to me is not fair.....

after all in the end it only an opinnion.....
    01-15-13 08:40 AM
    i hear ya,,, seems to be alot of snappiness lately,,, it's getting like blackberryforums.,& it killed their site,,, & please, don't ask for this,"mods have to start picking out individuals who just have to be hostile for the sake of it." because of this,"theres some severe bias shown from certain mods so certain views are allowed to go on and on, others get buried or infractions get handed out heavy handedly if you annoy the wrong member with a mod pal.",,, some've got happy fingers already & that needs to be addressed also...
    01-15-13 08:57 AM
    you do realize this is just a cell phone
    01-15-13 08:57 AM
    Its a free world, do as you please, ignore the fanboys. I agree they're kind of sore miserable losers, looking for some excitement in life and finding it in technology.
    01-15-13 08:59 AM
    truth be told, i'm sick of the way some people here reply. they assume that everyone here sticks on the forums 20/7 like they do.

i recently came across a thread by someone asking if bb10 would come to the playbook (or something along those lines) and got instantly shot down. same with the "is skype going to be on bb10".

as the largest blackberry fansite, if people are going to face such hostility they are not going to come back. and they will rely on other websites that spew "rubbish" for information and in turn spread the "rumours" to their friends. and the people on here blame tech sites.

voila, one full circle. as blackberry 10 gains more attention, site traffic is going to increase and mods have to start picking out individuals who just have to be hostile for the sake of it. if you don't like a thread, move on. you don't expect a new person to scour the forums to see if instagram will be on bb10. this is not how forums work.

Unfortunayly, thats just the way it is on CB. I refer to it as the "human condition" People are anonymous and their true character is exposed.
    Some people are really cool and understand not everyone is "privy" to all things BB.
    I've been hanging around for a while. Was a die hard crackhead, and I've moved on. I really hope to be back tho.....BB10 looks awesome.
    Don't let the BB "elitists" get ya down. People will be people...
    Last edited by Drayk; 01-15-13 at 09:14 AM.
    CairnsRock, johnierw and tack like this.
    01-15-13 09:02 AM
    how about spending a little time on the forum and learn about the issues in the community
    One I agree with. Don't "barge in" start asking questions that have already been answered, without having first got the 'lay of the land', by reading trending topics, and certainly without all-purpose "how to participate in a discussion forum" knowledge... but if you do, a "mea culpa" is in order, not blaming the long-standing members of the community who have already been through the wringer for making the same mistakes.

I mean who DIDN'T join a discussion forum for the first time, come on too strong or act 'badly' and get a reprimand? When I joined the futureshop.ca forums, then had the noive to criticize the ethics of Future Shop sales people who push expensive Monster Brand cables on unwary consumers, BOY was I banned fast :-)
    Last edited by lorax1284; 01-15-13 at 09:22 AM.
    01-15-13 09:05 AM
    It seems to me we can take the high road and show some understanding for folks who are new and making mistakes like creating new threads etc. (although I always read the duplicate threads and almost always find something new).

When I was new here some 5 years ago I made my mistakes and immediately got hit for them. But a few folks took the time to explain to me how it works and their kindness kept me around.

I hope I can be one of those guys who explains to new folks and keep them around.
    01-15-13 09:20 AM
    I have to agree to a certain extent but the site has 2+ million subscribers and it’s a public forum where everyone and anyone can join and post opinions. You can’t control everyone. For the most part, people here are nice and considerate.

As for someone being put off on a brand. I would find it hard to believe that someone would punish a brand because someone on a public forum offended them. Crackberry does not represent RIM. I see your point though.
    Agree! Some people get squashed in here & blame the brand. Leaving the forums is fine, but blaming RIM for the attitude of forum members in CB.com doesn't make much sense or it doesn't at all.
    01-15-13 09:27 AM

I agree, too much hostility here lately. If the new line wasnt coming out I would be taking a break from this site for awhile. Just plain rude comments everywhere. Its one thing not to agree, its another to reply with rude comments.
    Berry_Pink, tack and PestPro#IM like this.
    01-15-13 09:31 AM
    you can easily turn the question around, why is it not rude to disregard all previous posts and ask questions that have been answered a hundred times over?
    is that not a laziness by the poster and a lack of respect for all previous posts?
    01-15-13 09:44 AM
    you can easily turn the question around, why is it not rude to disregard all previous posts and ask questions that have been answered a hundred times over?
    is that not a laziness by the poster and a lack of respect for all previous posts?

So take the high road rather than trash them. When did being the better man (or women) become wrong?
    rottonj and whitbags like this.
    01-15-13 09:50 AM
    Its not rude and snappy like with what is going on here. It is frusturating I agree, but not rude or hostile.
    01-15-13 09:51 AM
    So take the high road rather than trash them. When did being the better man (or women) become wrong?
    I agree 100 percent. Great post!
    01-15-13 09:56 AM
    Well, the best way I heard it put on another forum I frequent is that people who post an obvious question without searching the forum first are basically people who walk into a library and start shouting out their questions to everybody without bothering to check the reference books.

Crackberry is pretty tame compared to other forums I'm on.

Cheers,
    01-15-13 10:01 AM
    When you join a forum, post something and someone says "Oi newb, you berk, check the whatever the h3ll it is that you should check before asking a stoopid question like that" I feel like I've arrived home. Makes me feel warm and welcome. No, seriously. Its part of the banter of the internet. You take offence at stuff like that, you badly need to grow thicker skin and a spine.
    01-15-13 10:09 AM
    Agree! Some people get squashed in here & blame the brand. Leaving the forums is fine, but blaming RIM for the attitude of forum members in CB.com doesn't make much sense or it doesn't at all.
    Did you read the OP? They weren't suggesting people would blame RIM for the attitude of members on CB. They simply stated that if a new member gets turned off by the attitude here, then they will seek their information elsewhere, perhaps on a less knowledgeable site.
    01-15-13 10:23 AM
    When you join a forum, post something and someone says "Oi newb, you berk, check the whatever the h3ll it is that you should check before asking a stoopid question like that" I feel like I've arrived home. Makes me feel warm and welcome. No, seriously. Its part of the banter of the internet. You take offence at stuff like that, you badly need to grow thicker skin and a spine.
    I dont think this is at all about growing thicker skin, rude is rude and should not be tollerated. What the op is describing isnt banter at all, it is the lack of human respect that is happening here.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-15-13 10:26 AM
201 123 ...