greetings all....

I have a SPRINT Curve 8330.... everything's been fine and dandy until about 3 days ago.

I noticed for some reason, I couldnt access some of my usual internet haunts, netting the result "page can not be found" when I tried my bookmarks. seemed like some things worked, and some didnt....then yesterday, suddenly I cant open a web page period, at all.

trying bookmarks, shortcuts or "go to" nets the result:

HTTP ERROR 503: Service unavailable

the server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists.

OK or DETAILS

Details = MDS Service Unavailable: u3aa

I called sprint and didnt have any luck, we tried re-provisioning with no avail. Resets, etc. nothing.

the "weird-er" part is - data works for SOME stuff....like my bank of america application, or CNN for blackberry application. But try the facebook app, and you get the same message. Open the google app, run a search, same deal.

what the hell??? This morning, my radio was "off". reset everything again, and STILL no internet.

mail ok, phone ok.

WTF????
    03-18-09 10:08 AM
    Sounds like a possible outage. Have you tried doing an HRT & Sending your Service Books? You can find the proceedure listed in my Tips thread, listed in my signature.

EDIT: To make it easier I just copied and pasted it here......

Tip 2 Fixing Data Problems such as Email not arriving or Missing Browser (Doing and HRT & Re-send of Service Books)

Method 1 (Provide by michaelwpg) The Quick way!

I have found that rather than going through the longer process for Registering and sending service books, Go through
    Options>Mobile Network>BB Key>Diagnostics Test>BB key> Run

This pretty much puts the BB through it's paces, data wise, and registers, sends service books, all at the same time. Quicker process I found by accident. Seems to work very well.

Method 2 (Mine) The LONNNNG way!

Step 1 Doing an HRT, or Registering your Device. Open Options, then Advanced, then Host Routing, then press the blackberry button and select Register Device.

Step 2 Doing the Service Books. Open the Setup Folder, then Open Email Setup, sign on, then press the blackberry button, and select Service Books, then Send Service Books.

Step 3 Pull the battery
    03-18-09 10:11 AM
    Sounds like a possible outage. Have you tried doing an HRT & Sending your Service Books? You can find the proceedure listed in my Tips thread, listed in my signature.

that's one I havent tried yet , so I will give it a go....

I havent heard of any outages in my area, but will check(again) w/SPRINT and maybe another CDMA user or 2 in my office...

thanks!
    03-18-09 10:13 AM
    turns out the culprit was new, needed software upgrade.... I've been on 4.3 for some time, and SPRINT had run it to 4.5 a little while ago. According to customer rep, this should fix the issue.

backed it up. downloaded the new software. loaded it up.

so far, so good, everything is working normally, and better?
    03-18-09 12:53 PM
    Thats a little odd. You should still be able to run 4.3 and have internet.
    03-18-09 01:02 PM
    Cool, let me know if you need any more help.
    03-18-09 01:02 PM
    Thats a little odd. You should still be able to run 4.3 and have internet.
    I thought so too....

well, it was like "hamstrung" internet - I couldload files via data, and certain direct applications worked liked Bank of America, and CNN with direct apps to my BB....but if I tried to access a website directly, or utilize a bookmark - no dice, ERROR 503.

so far, the upgraded software has nixed the issue....

thanks for the tip(s) pckable
    03-18-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD