View Poll Results: Curve 8330 vs Pearl 8130

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Curve 8330

46 93.88%
  • Pearl 8130

3 6.12%
    Just like GP said it all comes down to what like. I had some friends who had a Pearls and World Editions so after asking questions and playing with them I went to the store to try them out. I ended up walking out with a Curve and have had a hard time putting down ever since!
    03-01-09 08:53 PM
    Never used the Pearl, never appealed to me. Though I used a friends Pearl and it was pretty cool, I just hate, hate, hate sure type. The Curve has a nice full kayboard as well as the nice vibrant screen. It sold me. I also liked the trackball as well. Both devices do basically the same thing, but the 8330 also has over 30mb more memory. IMHO the Curve 8330 is probably the best and most afforable BB on the market period.

Your best choise if your not ready to get the newer models just yet.
    03-01-09 11:37 PM
    My first bb was the pearl 8130 back in sept 08 and I kept it for about two months during this time I found crackberry.com and learned sooooooo much about my pearl and why moving to the curve was a really good decison. So in late november I added a line just to get a curve!!! I really like the wider screen and full keyboard. I have been able to add more to my curve. I have been very happy since then............. But now I can't stop checking out the bold for right I will keep my curve.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 05:26 AM
    I've had the Curve since late December, and I do love it! I also prefer the full keyboard.
    03-02-09 05:29 AM
    Get the Curve. That is all.

03-02-09 05:49 AM
    Lies... no where near!

Op: But Opera Mini can bring you closer than the BB browser can.
    Go into the browser (standard BB browser, I've tested this), press Menu (the BlackBerry button for those who don't know), and select Page View. That's as close as the BB browser gets to a desktop.
    03-02-09 08:34 AM
    i recommend the curve. As far as Opera Mini I think it stinks. BB browser does a great job for me. But the Peal is loved by many. I just like the QWERTY keyboard
    03-02-09 11:13 AM
    I originally bought the Pearl. Purchased it right before the store closed. Used it for one night and took it back as soon as the store opened the next morning. Love the Curve. Much easier to operate when texting or surfing. Only think I actually like about the pearl was the smaller size.
    03-02-09 11:59 AM
    The size of the Curve is great I think the pearl is too small. Curve just looks so sexy with its full keyboard and big screen

03-02-09 10:49 PM
    Had both.. had a pearl for about a year and a half.. got a curve about a year and a half ago... I do like suretype key SIZE.. but the screen is noticeably smaller on the pearl... The curve is so small and light.. its hard to justify the smaller pearl in any way unless you just like it for some reason.
    03-02-09 10:53 PM
    Well guys...

Got my self a very nice Curve! Have it since 5 days and well, just can't separate myself from it! I would say that I am simply in love, but my girlfriend would slap me! Anyway thanks for all the advice and I gotta say, that when I entered the shop, I was telling myself that I was just going to play around with both device than think about it....30 minutes later, I was walkng out with my Curve in my pocket!

See ya
    03-04-09 07:51 PM
    Definitely go with the Curve, I have both and have really grown attached to my Curve 8320. I let my friend use my Pearl now and she wishes she had the Curve. Good luck though

03-04-09 09:19 PM
    Happy to see you got your Curve. I would have said go with the Curve also. I actually just purchased a brand new Pearl(my 3rd BB), i just switch between all of them. If your just going to own one device i would def say the Curve is the one to go with. Welcome to our addiction and if you have any questions feel free to PM me anytime.
    03-04-09 09:26 PM
    I have them both and I like the size of the pearl but I really love the curve it is by far my fave out of the two
    03-04-09 09:36 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD