Hi,
    I have wiped my 8300 using JL CMDER as I couldn't update my OS, I now have the white screen with 507 on but when I try to update the software using DM 4.7 this gets as far as Connecting to Boot Rom then I get the fatal error message. I have searched for the vendor.xml, in hidden files also, and deleted these. I have tried the workaround using command prompt but the application loader only shows my pin not unknown pin, I have tried taking the battery out and pluging back in when red light appears but when pressing next I get "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or your administrator"
    I have tried uninstalling the drivers via device manager and using the CMD workaround and directly into loader.exe but still cannot reinstall the OS.
    Any Ideas where to go to from here?
    Cheers,
    w41ly
    03-06-09 12:56 PM
    Try disconnecting your internet connection (works for me each time I install an OS) Did you download and install the OS that's for your specific device??
    03-06-09 01:29 PM
    using command prompt but the application loader only shows my pin not unknown pin, ...
    That is encouraging, it means you have correctly installed the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and USB drivers. The battery timing technique is only needed when it fails to connect.

Use Windows Control Panel / Programs to verify both BlackBerry Desktop Software and your Device software are correctly installed. The device software must match your model 8300.

If both are installed, you should be able to start BlackBerry Desktop Manager, Applications loader and see your connected device. If so, only the vendor.xml file will prevent it from installing.

One last check: c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

What is the name of the last file in the list?
    03-06-09 01:52 PM
    Would also recommend using Desktop Manager 4.6 without Media Manager. Roxio's software seems to be slightly unstable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 03:14 PM
    Would also recommend using Desktop Manager 4.6 without Media Manager. Roxio's software seems to be slightly unstable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Agreed and DM 4.6 seems more stable for the 83XX BB's than the DM 4.7.
    Oh and Welcome to Crackberry!

~Jazzi~

03-06-09 03:17 PM
    Hi All,
    Thanks for the welcome.

The last file in AppLoader is Rimprogram.dll.

I will try DM 4.6 without Roxio and let you know.
    Cheers,
    w41ly
    03-06-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD