Hi all -

I think I've already screwed up my brand new Storm2. I'm on a BES thru my work, using MS Outlook for contacts/email/calendar. I just switched from a Pearl (8130) to the S2 (9550). The s2 updated flawlessly using enterprise activation. I also dl'd several 3rd party apps and it was working great.

After activating it on my BES, I installed the desktop software that came with the device and decided to update the OS (in hindsight, probably not the smartest thing to do). After updating the OS, I noticed it had completely wiped all of my enterprise info, 3rd party apps, and all of the custom settings I had made. In a panic, I did a restore and managed to get it back to about 90% of the way it was before I tried to update the OS. Missing from it after the restore was BB Maps/GPS, BB Messenger, VZW Navigator, all four of the games that came preloaded with it, and all of my 3rd party apps.

I've dl'd the 3rd party apps again and know I can replace the games (I'm assuming), but I hate I've lost the BB Maps/GPS and BB messenger programs (at least the icons are not present). For what it's worth, the entry "BlackBerry Maps [LbsConfig] is still in the Service Books and the maps and messenger entries are still in the Modules, although neither are listed in any of the Applications tabs. I've deleted the service books and re-downloaded them, but to no avail.

I've dl'd google maps, which seems to be working pretty well locating with the S2's onboard GPS, but it doesn't seem to have the GPS navigation functions that BB Maps had (meaning the icon on the BB Map would follow me as I drove down the interstate).

Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get my BB Maps and Messenger to start working again?

I'm currently running OS v5.0.0.320
    Last edited by Squabs; 12-04-09 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Edited to include OS:
    12-04-09 02:44 PM
    Although this is somewhat of a self serving bump, I do have a legitimate followup question. Is it possible to wipe the S2 (like the Pearl) and have it restore itself to like it was when I took it out of the box?
    12-05-09 06:57 AM
    Weird. I have no idea why you felt the need to install the os, as .320 is already installed on the phone. You might have to do a wipe via javaloader and do a clean install. A pain, but maybe someone else has a better idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 07:50 AM
    Before you wipe your phone go to options>advanced options>GPS... make sure ur gps is enabled and not E911 only. My storm 2 came with the gpa on E911 only and I had to change it to get other apps to pick up my gps.... hope this solves your gps problem.
    12-05-09 09:36 AM
    Although this is somewhat of a self serving bump, I do have a legitimate followup question. Is it possible to wipe the S2 (like the Pearl) and have it restore itself to like it was when I took it out of the box?
    Yes go to Options > Security Options and select Security Wipe.
    12-05-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD