After BlackBerry jumped into Android OS with the Priv

I want from BlackBerry to get rid of anything related to Android on BB10 or make a new OS that's it pure from BlackBerry

I Want to buy a BlackBerry Passport SE but I am afraid of the future of BB10
    enrod87, BerrySoul and subhashrj like this.
    04-21-16 12:43 AM
    I want from BlackBerry to get rid of anything related to Android on BB10 or make a new OS that's it pure from BlackBerry
    Trust me, it's not going to happen.

If you're afraid of the future, then I suggest you either get an Android-powered Priv or a Samsung, etc. It's not really complicated, you either get a Passport or you don't.
    enrod87 and jaydee5799 like this.
    04-21-16 12:51 AM
    I have a Priv. I hate it. Going back to BB10 with a Passport SE.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    enrod87, JulesDB, rusty502 and 2 others like this.
    04-21-16 03:07 AM
    I suggest that if you like OS10 and don't need all the apps, then buy a passport and be happy. Support for OS10 is going to be around for another couple of years and that's an eternity in this industry.
    dusanvn, gugomat, MmmHmm and 1 others like this.
    04-21-16 04:25 AM
    I will buy a passport se, no matter if blackberry goes down.
    WHY?
    Mails.

If you want you can still use android apps to access facebook or others...
    04-21-16 04:54 AM
    I will buy a passport se, no matter if blackberry goes down.
    WHY?
    Mails.

If you want you can still use android apps to access facebook or others...
    Passport SE is my favourite device of all time. That beats is ready to serve you but the little apps crazy is just its problem.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 06:14 AM
    PP SE, awesome. Using it for six months now.

I had the white PP. Then bought the PP SE. All other phones are now garbage to me.

I don't know how they top this thing.

I use it naked.... store it in a pouch.
    A guy saw me using it at the mall, tried it, said it beats his new samsung, hands down.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 07:09 AM
    I get the fear, but what others say is right. Basically, let's just enjoy BB10. No official statements have been made yet if it's gonna "die" or what, so if it works for us, then let's use it.

Posted via CB10
    ronfc, TgeekB and jackoajl like this.
    04-21-16 08:48 AM
    Passport is good. Moved from Q10 over a year ago. Never felt any lack of apps. Android RT is doing it's work good in some rare cases. Don't even need Cobalt's workaround. If you don't use any 'special' apps - go ahead, it's the best device on the market for now.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 10:12 AM
    I don't get the fear. There is NO indication that BlackBerry is walking away from OS10, unless you believe that when the beleaguered company says that it has no plans for an OS10 device this year they mis-spoke and meant never. (I know that this puts me in a minority.) Even so, the CEO of BlackBerry has gone out of his way to reiterate continued support for OS10.

If you had an Mercury, SAAB, Isuzu, Scion, or Pontiac would you be afraid because the brand is defunct? There is value in the vehicle, just as there is in the finest BlackBerry device.

I also upgraded from a Q10 to a PPSE. No regrets.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 01:10 PM
    Your Passport will last a good two years that you are going to use it for.

However, I maintain that if you are using BlackBerry 10 in 2016, then you need to be able to do some stuff on Crackberry for the fixes.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 01:31 PM
    Since you don't rely on Android and android apps in the first place you'll be fine. Your next phone in 2-3 years who knows.
    04-21-16 01:38 PM
    BB10's future is decommissioning. Thats clear. Not sure what you are trying to achieve with this post.
    04-21-16 01:51 PM
    I get the fear, but what others say is right. Basically, let's just enjoy BB10. No official statements have been made yet if it's gonna "die" or what, so if it works for us, then let's use it.

Posted via CB10
    Two more years support for BB10 | GulfNews.com

OP: What do you look for in a device (apps, functionality, etc)? Depending on the price a BB10 device can still be a good purchase but it entirely depends on your needs and how many compromises you're willing to make (if any).
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-21-16 02:32 PM

I want, I want......

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 02:47 PM
    Saud, check this trend out:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/21...75170&referer=

BlackBerry's OS10 will be viable for a long while - IF you like what it can do for you now. Viable apps will diminish with time, of course.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-21-16 05:03 PM
    I had a Q10 until a few days ago. I loved it but had to get a s7. I like the s7 and all the apps I need here without having to use a bookmark. I do miss bb10. Wish they would've kept up with the game earlier. Just got left behind.

ronfc likes this.
    04-21-16 06:56 PM
    I am afraid of the future of BB10
    What future are you referring to? BB10 has no future!!
    04-21-16 09:09 PM
    You can't put BB10 and future in the same sentence.
    04-22-16 02:40 AM
    Saud, check this trend out:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/21...75170&referer=

BlackBerry's OS10 will be viable for a long while - IF you like what it can do for you now. Viable apps will diminish with time, of course.

Posted via CB10
    Ironically, BB10 was never viable.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-22-16 02:51 AM

OP if you are afraid... listen to your inner voice.

I too would have liked to have seen a "pure" BB10 without the runtime... but it didn't happen, and it isn't going to happen.

As others have said if all you need is email, text and BB10... the Passport will be great. But availability of native and especially access to SNAP or Cobalts solutions is very questionable. I doubt FaceBook and WhatsApp are the last to pull out of supporting BB10, and SNAP is already causing many issues, and who knows how long Cobalt will be here ( I would suggested that if you appreciate what he does, and want him to stick around... you support him financially)
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    04-22-16 08:23 AM
    I doubt FaceBook and WhatsApp are the last to pull out of supporting BB10, and SNAP is already causing many issues, and who knows how long Cobalt will be here
    I'd add that the browser, like all web browsers, needs to be regularly updated, and there are no signs that that's going to happen. I'm finding browser performance on my Passport less satisfying than it used to be.
    04-22-16 08:38 AM
    @OP. Nothing to be afraid of. Whatever is going to happen regarding BB10 will be based on the company - BlackBerry and their efforts or lack thereof, to enhance sales. They have already proven that simply bringing a new device to market without the Big M's (momentum and marketing) won't sell devices. Ok, it wasn't directly worded by Chen that BB10 devices would not return. IMO, if Android doesn't somehow increase sales with the two pending mid-tier devices, I don't believe we will see additional devices going to market for BlackBerry- whether Android hybrid or BB10. At this point, enjoy BB10 as long as it's still working for you.
    bh7171 likes this.
    04-22-16 08:56 AM
    I suggest that if you like OS10 and don't need all the apps, then buy a passport and be happy. Support for OS10 is going to be around for another couple of years and that's an eternity in this industry.
    "A couple of years..." Wow, that's optimistic!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-16 09:29 AM
    There's lots of people using still using BBOS 7.1. So why would things be any different with BB10?
    04-22-16 09:48 AM
47 12