Sorry if someone has asked something similar before...

Basically i have the bold... but... Ive canceled my contract in the UK as im going to work in Ecuador for 6 months, meaning the Bold has to go back...
    Anyway lets just say the choice of BB's aren't HUGE and i was considering buying one on ebay and bringing it with me.
    Question is how easy is it to set up BB services in another country as Ecuador have a pay and go Blackberry plan (which is super duper for me) but they are asking $500 for a BB Pearl meanwhile i can pick one up on ebay much cheaper...

any advice would be appreciated as ive never bought a 2nd have BB and just want to know if it would be worth it.
    12-13-08 03:57 AM
    I think it is fairly easy... Couple of things to take into consideration:

* What's the eBay user's feedback and positive ratings? I say this because you want to know the blackberry isn't one that was reported lost/stolen

* Does Ecuador have pay and go? Or will you have to sign up? In the U.S. there isn't a pay and go BB plan. Maybe you are referring to no-contract, but monthly.

12-13-08 12:05 PM
    The BB 8830 is afterall the "World Edition".
    12-13-08 12:09 PM
    well im looking at a company called Porta and they have PrePay BB for about $40 a month. Then you top up as per usual.

im not sure if its worth it for 6 months to be honest may suffer with a "normal" phone until I decide if im going to stay longer.
    12-13-08 12:26 PM
    When buying of ebay one thing to make sure of is that the PIN has been released from the previous users Blackberry accont as it it hasn't been done you won't be able to set up your email.

When your BIS pay and go plan from Ecuador has been activated set up from the emial settings icon on the device. Whilst there create a user name and then you are able to use their BIS website too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD