definitely not. Ideal partner Q10 and Playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    I personally don't want a physical QWERTY device. I prefer full touchscreens
    02-24-13 08:20 PM
    orrrrr sell your PB for the Z10. Then buy one from Canada
    02-24-13 08:31 PM
    Lucky me, I guess. I could easily sell mine for 300 bucks just because here a new one retails for 600USD. I'm selling mine and my current white Z10 when my carrier starts carrying it (duh) just for the warranty's sake. I could lay the difference with no problem, but I don't find much use for the PlayBook now.
    My advice is sell it, if you find the Z10 fulfills your needs. (borrow one first).
    02-24-13 08:34 PM
    orrrrr sell your PB for the Z10. Then buy one from Canada
    Well I am planning on putting the money that I make from the PlayBook towards a Z10. But I can't buy one from Canada. I am on Verizon which is CDMA, and all the Z10s sold in Canada are GSM
    02-24-13 08:37 PM
    You had it this long might as well keep. Just keep saving until that day finally comes and have the best of both worlds.
    02-24-13 08:46 PM
    Best of both worlds when the Z10 does everything better and is more feature complete? I dont know lol....everyone has their opinion but i can definitely see why the OP would sell his.
    02-24-13 08:57 PM
    OK well that's fair. There really is no right or wrong course here! It sounds as though you don't need the z10, or your PB.....you'd just like them! :-) If you needed one or the other for some reason....work...or just an app that absolutely important to you, then that would help make it clearer. As it is....if it just comes down to giving up your PB in turn for getting the z10 earlier and sticking to your upgrade timetable....then....it's up to you. In that case, you might be better off saying "what would make me the happiest?" and then going with your first instinct. You could analyze it, and change your mind back and forth, but since this is not a right/wrong or quantifiable question, the "analysis" won't be "solid"....and you'll just keep changing your mind. Maybe talk yourself into something, then regret it later. If it's just about your own happiness, then just say "what will make me happiest?", accept the answer and go with that! That's what I'd say!

(Maybe you can pick up an even cheaper PB later, or maybe you'll want a new model tablet if RIM releases one.....but unfortunately, with the complete fog on the tablet situation, it's a bit hard to say anything about that area! So i wouldn't count on anything there. But of course, in general, the value of tech drops, and drops very fast)
    You are speculating as to the future functionality of "PB10" and "BB10".

I would tend to believe that BB has not abandoned the brilliance of the full bridge experience and what PB10 will bring to the PlayBook. This is QNX after all and not some monolithic OS.

From what I have read heretofore, the Z10 is a world class device. However, the BBOS/PlayBook is also killer. I'm torn between carrying two phones: a BBOS7 and a Z10 AND the PlayBook.
    02-25-13 02:56 AM
    You are speculating as to the future functionality of "PB10" and "BB10".

I would tend to believe that BB has not abandoned the brilliance of the full bridge experience and what PB10 will bring to the PlayBook. This is QNX after all and not some monolithic OS.

From what I have read heretofore, the Z10 is a world class device. However, the BBOS/PlayBook is also killer. I'm torn between carrying two phones: a BBOS7 and a Z10 AND the PlayBook.
    When I bridged, I didn't do it because I liked to. For the most part I did it because I more felt like I had to (for things like BBM or at the beginning like email). I'm not meaning that in a particularly bad way, just how I feel. I liked the combo of BBOS and PBOS, but I think I would've liked the experience a little better if they were the same OS (like iPhone and iPad).
    Sqoon likes this.
    02-25-13 05:55 AM
    When I bridged, I didn't do it because I liked to. For the most part I did it because I more felt like I had to (for things like BBM or at the beginning like email). I'm not meaning that in a particularly bad way, just how I feel. I liked the combo of BBOS and PBOS, but I think I would've liked the experience a little better if they were the same OS (like iPhone and iPad).
    U are right lol....you had to to get more functionality out of your tablet. I'll be honest, I do like my Playbook. It's made random freezes and long reboots of my 9900 much more tolerable but if it didn't have bridge capabilities it has now, I probably would've taken it back by now. Without bridge, its just a better browser experience with better apps for a BB user. That's just my opinion though. Like I said in other posts, now that the Z10 will do everything better than the Tablet OS and because bridge functionality has been crippled, I see no need for my PlayBook. I'll miss the screen size, but the benefits of the Z10 more than make up for that in my opinion.
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-25-13 10:25 AM
    If you can find a way to stretch your budget you might want to consider keeping the PlayBook as you can still bridge the Z10 to the PB and get free internet access on the road.
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-25-13 10:29 AM
    If you can find a way to stretch your budget you might want to consider keeping the PlayBook as you can still bridge the Z10 to the PB and get free internet access on the road.
    The free internet on a big screen on the road would definitely be missed. That would be the biggest feature of Bridge IMO. I rarely used Bridge in the first place but there has been a lot of great features.
    02-25-13 01:49 PM
    It's decisions like these I've always ended up regretting.

Life lesson: Find a way to have both. Even when it doesn't seem like you can, in hindsight, you'll see an opportunity/solution you didn't before. Figure it out and make it work.
    02-25-13 02:12 PM
    if you need extra cash, pimp yourself out & go to the nearest ol' ladies home & sell your body to a rich widow,,, it's not so bad,,, i do it all the time when i need beer money..
    Why don't I doubt the truth in your statement? ROFLMAO
    02-25-13 03:20 PM
    Why don't I doubt the truth in your statement? ROFLMAO
    Lmao how did I miss that comment earlier?? @seawarrior...hilarious
    02-25-13 03:25 PM
    I'll be honest, I do like my Playbook...but if it didn't have bridge capabilities it has now, I probably would've taken it back by now...the Z10 will do everything better than the Tablet OS and because bridge functionality has been crippled, I see no need for my PlayBook.
    BlackBerry must restore full functionality to BlackBerry Bridge between the BlackBerry Z10 (BlackBerry OS 10.0) and BlackBerry PlayBook (BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1). Anything less and Thorsten should be flogged, tarred and feathered, and ridden out of Canada on a ship to Germany...perhaps aboard the Bismarck.
    02-25-13 03:27 PM
    BlackBerry must restore full functionality to BlackBerry Bridge between the BlackBerry Z10 (BlackBerry OS 10.0) and BlackBerry PlayBook (BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1). Anything less and Thorsten should be flogged, tarred and feathered, and ridden out of Canada on a ship to Germany...perhaps aboard the Bismarck.
    That might be a tad but over the edge haha but I definitely hear what you're saying. It doesn't make sense
    02-25-13 05:36 PM
    i wouldnt
    your Z10 will not replace the playbook
    02-25-13 05:38 PM
    i wouldnt
    Just going by your signature: "Future: BlackBerry Z10. No tablet needed." haha but I definitely would miss it but I don't feel that the PlayBook is a severe "necessity". It's a tough choice! haha
    02-25-13 05:42 PM
    i wouldnt
    How would it not lol? Actually want to know your reasoning
    ajst222 likes this.
    02-25-13 07:32 PM
    With all the hype surrounding M2M and QNX, and knowing there would finally be two separate device which both run QNX on the market from BB...I expected there to be a increase in features when it came to bridge. Rumors were it wasn't even going to be called bridge. Then to find out they crippled it...I was very disappointed to say the least
    02-25-13 07:35 PM
    With all the hype surrounding M2M and QNX, and knowing there would finally be two separate device which both run QNX on the market from BB...I expected there to be a increase in features when it came to bridge. Rumors were it wasn't even going to be called bridge. Then to find out they crippled it...I was very disappointed to say the least
    It would definitely make sense that Bridge would have more features when bridging 2 QNX devices instead of a QNX and Java.
    02-25-13 08:29 PM
    How much can you get for a playbook? Z10 cost over 550

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 08:38 PM
    How much can you get for a playbook? Z10 cost over 550

Posted via CB10
    I think I've said this 3 times...I am selling the PlayBook to save up for the Z10. I am not expecting to get all the money I need for a Z10 from the sale of the PlayBook. Once the PlayBook is sold, I could buy a Z10 as soon as they are released so it is just that I am right on that edge.
    02-25-13 08:45 PM
    Dear OP,
    HELLZ NO!!!!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    02-25-13 08:57 PM
    Dear OP,
    HELLZ NO!!!!

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    Reasoning?
    02-25-13 08:58 PM
75 123