Hi, folks,

My at&t corporate plan is blocking me from getting a new phone through my plan, so I'd like to get a bold without activation. Either 9000 or 9700 is fine. Anyone have any thoughts?

I thought i had found a solution when I found a Bold 9000 at Fry's (local electronic chain) for $200 unactivated. However that store was out of stock, and then the other stores told me I couldn't buy it w/o activation.

Anyone have any suggestions aside from that?
    12-22-09 10:31 AM
    EBay. You should be able to find any phone you want on there.
    Just be sure to have the seller email you the esn and pin #s so that you can call the carrier to make sure that the phone hasn't been reported lost or stolen.
    Also use paypal so that if you have any problems once you receive the device, you have a way of getting your money back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 11:12 AM
    EBay. You should be able to find any phone you want on there.
    Just be sure to have the seller email you the esn and pin #s so that you can call the carrier to make sure that the phone hasn't been reported lost or stolen.
    Also use paypal so that if you have any problems once you receive the device, you have a way of getting your money back.

thanks for all the advice. Sorry for the delay in replying, for some reason I didn't get the notification of a reply until today. In any case, one quick question: do you know of a special number I would call at the carrier to check on this? I'm using AT&T if anyone happens to know the number there.

Thanks
    12-30-09 08:50 PM
    thanks for all the advice. Sorry for the delay in replying, for some reason I didn't get the notification of a reply until today. In any case, one quick question: do you know of a special number I would call at the carrier to check on this? I'm using AT&T if anyone happens to know the number there.

Thanks
    You should just be fine calling the normal AT&T customer service number.
    Here's a link to where you can choose what number you want: AT&T
    12-30-09 10:37 PM
    I heard ATT was selling the BlackBerry 9700 for $350 without contract but they wanted an activation. From what I read if you insist you are buying the phone as a gift they'll give it to you without activation. Give it a try.

12-30-09 10:43 PM
    I heard ATT was selling the BlackBerry 9700 for $350 without contract but they wanted an activation. From what I read if you insist you are buying the phone as a gift they'll give it to you without activation. Give it a try.
    Interesting... but actually I think I prefer the 9000 based on the keyboard size. Call me old-fashioned...
    12-31-09 12:12 AM
    classifieds - craigslist

Last edited by zrxoa1; 12-31-09 at 12:46 AM.
    12-31-09 12:38 AM
    Above link shows several options

12-31-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD