Evening,
    I am looking at getting a Blackberry, however am in a bit of a hard time deciding which to go for.
    I have a choice of the 8820 or the 8320. Now to me both seem excellent and packed with features. But what one do i go for? One with GPS or one with a camera?!

I have a digital camera, and a nokia 6500 (with cam) so do i really need the 8320?
    However i like the smaller form of the 8320, and it seems like it may be easier to carry around. Can someone please provide some guidance and maybe a nudge in the right direction

I will be using it for a small business, like many of you do i guess.

Thanks in Advance,
    Alan
    06-05-08 04:08 PM
    It's a personal preference thing...maybe go play with both of them at your carriers store and see which one you like best.
    06-05-08 04:11 PM
    Yeah i was thinking of doing that. I tried the other day and they demo'd a pearl. I liked the menu system, much nicer than the phones i am used to. Maybe i will try again to get the 8320 and 8820 out
    06-05-08 04:15 PM
    my personal preference would be the 8320you cant go wrong though theyre both bb's.
    06-05-08 04:25 PM
    If the main difference you are looking at is whether to have GPS or a camera, and you already have a digital and another camera phone, then I would go with the 8320. For sure.
    06-05-08 06:24 PM
    I recommend that you go with the 8320.
    06-05-08 06:37 PM
    another option is you could hold out for the bold... depending on the carrier you have and when you need the phone by. But you also said its for small business use, maybe a phone with less, how do you put this, personal options? Meaning no camera, things like that, you might get more work done... lol
    06-05-08 06:47 PM
    have had my BB 8320, my first BB a month and love it.
    06-05-08 07:05 PM
    Thanks for all your feedback guys much appreciated.

I am tempted by the 8320 due to its size, however GPS would be nice. I am going to pop to Orange today and have a peek at both models I have til Monday to decide on which one to get lol.

pilotguy404, i saw the info on this site about the Bold (aka 9000) and was highly impressed, but i dont think its out yet on Orange, and is on O2 in July? My plan is to get either the 8820 or the 8320, get used to the BB device and then next June upgrade to the nuts of a BB then lol

shadygrady, look through the forum last night i saw you posted basically the same thing to someone else. I have a gut feeling you are truly addicted to your BB lol
    Last edited by influenceuk; 06-06-08 at 04:24 AM.
    06-06-08 04:14 AM
    Hi

Good luck with your decision. Bear in mind though that you can add GPS to the 8320 if you purchase a GPS puck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 04:40 AM
    that's a good point, and i think oragne are giving them away for free atm. mmmm then again i would just use google maps, so is GPS needed.

Dammit why do they make it so hard to choose lol
    06-06-08 04:43 AM
    I use google maps with no GPS and it finds my location within 1700 metres.

There is also the free nav4all application which I believe gives voice directions not sure if this needs GPS or not. Do a google search and have a look.

06-06-08 04:48 AM
    True it is very convient to have your phone and camera in the same package, but GPS on the 8820 is great I have both devices and I love the 8820. When your using the GPS you can get real time traffic and with google maps you can also look up places and get directions from the spot your standing in. In my case it has come in very handy more than once. I travel alot and it works great. It is all about what you want/need in that package.
    Good luck with your decision can't wait to hear what you pick.
    06-06-08 04:51 AM
    Understand the problem you have,lol.
    Both are great bb's with, with their respective advantages. Just a shame they couldn't bring one out which has it all.
    No matter which one you choose, BB rocks.
    06-06-08 06:17 AM
    It all depends on your needs and RIM does a great job at making devices to fit everyones' wants and needs.

I would personally go with the Curve. I love my 8320. I do not have a need for GPS in my phone, if I ever come across that need I will get a standaolone GPS for my car or the GPS puck for my BB.

Can't go wrong with a Curve tho!!
    06-06-08 06:23 AM
    GPS. Frankly, BB camera sucks.
    06-06-08 06:34 AM
    My god as a new user to these, i am starting to see y people get addicted lol
    I manged to see both working both are found they are basically the same apart from the GPS and camera. Well the 8820 is a lil bigger, but i have come to the conclusion that i don't need another camera device. So i might as well get one with GPS. I will tell people its cause i am a gadget freak, but secretly is cause i am rubbish with directions.

This should make finding offices easier when i goto meetings. I got lost in London when i went to my last one! ha-ha

Any way, thank you to you all for you feedback and advice its been most welcomed, and thanks for welcoming this newbie into your community
    06-06-08 06:53 AM
    Somehow I think you'll end up getting the Curve. You post indicates your preference to the Curve, and I would suggest to follow your gut feelings.

06-06-08 07:33 AM
    As i said after seeing them both in action, i have decided to go for the 8820 mainly due to the fact i don't need another camera device
    I do like the curve, but i also like the 8820 which i why i could not make my mind up lol. I thought i'd be missing out if i got one over the other, but in actual fact they are very very much the same, just slightly different features

Roll on Monday so i can get my order placed, Roll on Tuesday to when i hopefully get the device....
    Then i get to set it up and play, then do some work i suppose lol
    06-06-08 08:22 AM
    It's a personal preference thing...maybe go play with both of them at your carriers store and see which one you like best.
    I agree!!!!!
    06-06-08 08:43 AM
    Quick update, after a week of waiting i got my 8820 today and its bloody amazing! I can see i am gonna get addicted to it.

My partner went off and got herself a pink 8110, she too is loving the BB Only problem i face now is the constant PIN msgs lol

Just thought i would update those that replied, and say thanks for your help in the tough decision i had
    06-13-08 03:22 PM
    Although the I have the 8330 and it has both gps and a camera, I would still recommend the curve!

06-13-08 03:28 PM
    Well i am pretty glad i chose the 8820. I get the GPS, and the W-Fi, and the best bit i can use the UMA to make calls over the net when at home which i found pretty sweet

I have a cam phone, and a digital camera so i can just use them if i need to take a pic
    06-13-08 04:02 PM
    Well i am pretty glad i chose the 8820. I get the GPS, and the W-Fi, and the best bit i can use the UMA to make calls over the net when at home which i found pretty sweet

I have a cam phone, and a digital camera so i can just use them if i need to take a pic
    Cool, at least you bought a berry!
    06-13-08 04:17 PM
    Do yourself a favor and get the 8820. I have and love my curve, but gps and wifi are great and the 8820 is rock solid. It is a little bigger, but it is easy to get used to. The keyboard is awesome and the looks are amazing. Get whatever you want, but you won't be disappointed with the 8820 in my opinion.

06-13-08 09:24 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD