I just bought a theme from App World. It said the theme was for OS5 and higher. I downloaded the theme but wasn't prompted to activate it after installation. I looked in my themes list, and it wasn't there (it does appear in applications). I rebooted, not there. Deleted it, rebooted, and reinstalled it, still not there. I sent an email to the developer asking how to get it working but have decided to ask here, too, instead of just waiting for a reply. Did I just get screwed? Should I dispute the charges on the VISA, in AppWorld, or somewhere? Am I sol? I noticed that in the email I sent there was other information automatically included, and the field for "license key" says "null" (not sure why it says null). I do have an AppWorld email receipt for the purchase. TIA for your thoughts and experience.
    06-01-12 06:43 PM
    Does your download show up in......options/screen display/themes?

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    06-01-12 07:27 PM
    Does your download show up in......options/screen display/themes?

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    No, it doesn't.
    06-01-12 07:28 PM
    Not sure but it sounds like the file/theme was not downloaded. Anybody else have any clues?

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    06-01-12 10:44 PM
    Not sure but it sounds like the file/theme was not downloaded. Anybody else have any clues?

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    That's what's strange. I watched it download, and it shows up in the applications list. It doesn't show up in display with the rest of my themes where I can select it. And what's this thing with "license key" and "null" next to it in the support email I sent?
    06-01-12 10:49 PM
    ***UPDATE: Taking money back from shady app developers!***

I wasn't gonna let some bespectacled app developer enjoy a latte on me while I'm stuck with his non-working theme. I contacted RIM and got the money back!

The theme I downloaded didn't work. It didn't even show up in my list of themes which is really too bad, because it appealed to me.

It took a little time on the phone. The first person I spoke with tried to tell me I should email the developer, because the problem was with the app. I told him I already did and got no reply. (This was true and not surprising.) He kept trying, and I kept being insistent and said things like "So this means I could buy anything from AppWorld, and if it doesn't work I can't have my money back and I'm on my own having to chase some developer." I said somebody got my money, and I want it back (or an AppWorld credit would have been okay). Finally the guy admitted I can have a refund. I got transferred to someone else. Once I got to the real customer care, it was no problem getting the refund. My prepaid VISA gift card was credited today.

I'm very pleased with BlackBerry and Research in Motion. Developers? Well, they may think they're God's gift to mankind, but I remain unimpressed with them.
    06-07-12 03:28 PM
    RIM doesn't allow developers to prevent you from downloading a theme that's not compatible with your BlackBerry if your BlackBerry is a higher OS than the theme. They need to fix it, but haven't, and probably won't.
    It's not the developers fault (except maybe for not answering the email.
    RIM is (and it sounds like was) the one who should be issuing a refund.
    The theme almost certainly works, on the BlackBerrys it's intended to work on.
    06-17-12 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD