Assuming that there will be no new BB10 devices and assume too that for at least the next two years, BlackBerry will only make the Vienna and PRIV. Under this scenario, what attributes can BlackBerry advertise that might persuade Samsung owners etc. To switch brands?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 12:41 PM
    You got me.
    02-21-16 12:54 PM
    That would require someone up there in those corporate offices in Waterloo to do their job and advertise their new products? Come over to the USA to a T-Mobile store and see the brand new Priv mixed in with last years bargain priced devices and most of the sales folks I have talked too know little or nothing about it?

To me this is Blackberry's job to get out there and at least have some kind of a rep that would visit these stores and get folks up to speed on their new product? The way they have marketed the Priv here at T-Mobile USA, they don't have a chance of making a dent to their former user base.

I actually brought out my Priv at a couple of the stores and showed the sales folks some of the new features like the Hub and Calendar and they where very receptive to the device and said I was the first person to give them some sort of demonstration of the new Priv?
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-21-16 01:00 PM
    That would require someone up there in those corporate offices in Waterloo to do their job and advertise their new products? Come over to the USA to a T-Mobile store and see the brand new Priv mixed in with last years bargain priced devices and most of the sales folks I have talked too know little or nothing about it?

To me this is Blackberry's job to get out there and at least have some kind of a rep that would visit these stores and get folks up to speed on their new product? The way they have marketed the Priv here at T-Mobile USA, they don't have a chance of making a dent to their former user base.

I actually brought out my Priv at a couple of the stores and showed the sales folks some of the new features like the Hub and Calendar and they where very receptive to the device and said I was the first person to give them some sort of demonstration of the new Priv?
    Isn't the HUB half baked on the Priv though? (I haven't used one). How would it sell devices?
    02-21-16 01:17 PM
    My view is that there is an untapped market for PKB phones. Not huge but enough to keep BlackBerry going. Advertising may help bring in customers who have never used a PKB.
    02-21-16 01:58 PM
    Isn't the HUB half baked on the Priv though? (I haven't used one). How would it sell devices?
    The Hub works pretty good for me and the folks I know who have bought the Priv like the Blackberry software features. They are just enough to make it a unique Android device.

But, if the people selling it don't have a clue, then how can you effectively promote it? Just my two cents.
    02-21-16 02:01 PM
    The Hub works pretty good for me and the folks I know who have bought the Priv like the Blackberry software features. They are just enough to make it a unique Android device.

But, if the people selling it don't have a clue, then how can you effectively promote it? Just my two cents.
    What's different about it or missing on the Priv?
    02-21-16 02:02 PM
    I think that the Hub is just regarded as an app. Not that it should not be advertised but most Android owners would not overly persuaded IMO.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 02:23 PM
    What's different about it or missing on the Priv?
    Biggest thing for me is how it handles something like text messages. If you reply to a message it opens that particular app and doesn't stay within the hub. An app like Whatsapp is a mess with group messages as it lists all of each group members message separately. It just isn't one contained space like it is on BB10. Features like pinch to filter aren't there either, but that's not a big deal to me.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-21-16 02:48 PM
    Biggest thing for me is how it handles something like text messages. If you reply to a message it opens that particular app and doesn't stay within the hub. An app like Whatsapp is a mess with group messages as it lists all of each group members message separately. It just isn't one contained space like it is on BB10. Features like pinch to filter aren't there either, but that's not a big deal to me.
    I see. I wouldn't consider that a selling point then. Too bad.
    02-21-16 02:57 PM