Hi All,

First post here at crackberry. Very excited I'm here! I just wanted to ask you all to lay out some of the main advantages you feel a BB has over my device, like the Motorola Q9c. I own a small business and I am considering upgrading everyone's Qs to the new BB Tour when it comes out. Things I like about the Q:

--internet access is good and the pages load quickly
    --the ability to link to wirelessly sync my contacts, calendar, and email

Things I don't like and why I'm considering a change

--OS is sluggish and it takes a second or two to switch in between menus
    --Sluggish again when I'm on the internet and I get a phone call
    --Device has frozen several times and I've done 5 or 6 hard resets already

I'm getting really excited for the Tour. Just looking for some advice from all of you knowledgeable BB users!
    05-08-09 09:12 AM
    Thank you very much for the response. I keep hearing people say that the BB is a business device, but what does that mean? I use the Q for business. Is the email faster? Is it easier to type? Just wondering.

Thank you!
    05-08-09 09:41 AM
    I'm going to take the counter view here and tell you you are better
    off with the Q9c. Here is why:

1) Cost - For each BB you will need a BB data plan on top of what
    you pay for basic services. That is an extra $30 (BIS) $50 (BES)
    per phone, per month.

2) Better productivity applications out of the box

3) OS mirrors what many users are used to on their PC

4) Many more and much better developed 3rd party apps

5) Less of a need for 3rd party apps to do what a smartphone
    should do as a matter of course.

I could probably go on but I'll stop there.
    05-08-09 09:53 AM
    Having never used the Q9, I cannot disagree. She has solid points. Yes you will definitely need a data plan, I forgot about that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 09:58 AM
    Well a big feature that blackberry is known for is the email push and security.
    You get all of your emails to your phone automatically.
    As far as a buisness phone I would have to say it is because of reliability, and the insane security and most importantly the push.
    Email is the glue that usually holds a buisness together and you will get every email almost as soon as it is sent and be able to reply no matter where you are.
    There are other features like docs to go, memo pad, password keeper that all come stock on the device.
    If there is anything else you want for it buisnesswise the is most likely an app to make it do whatever you want

05-08-09 09:58 AM
    Thank you for the response. I have Verizon and I already pay for the data plan. Are you saying that there is an additional data plan on top of that for BB users only?

Can you relay to me some of the advantages that lead you to go and get a BB? Why do you use it over a smartphone like the Q? My biggest problem with my current Q is the sluggishness and the fact that it seems that email gets to me later than a friend who has a BB. I thought wireless sync would have fixed that.
    05-08-09 10:06 AM
    Having never used the Q9, I cannot disagree. She has solid points. Yes you will definitely need a data plan, I forgot about that.
    Off Topic: You too my future Accounting pal? 100% male
    05-08-09 10:09 AM
    Thank you for the response. I have Verizon and I already pay for the data plan. Are you saying that there is an additional data plan on top of that for BB users only?

Can you relay to me some of the advantages that lead you to go and get a BB? Why do you use it over a smartphone like the Q? My biggest problem with my current Q is the sluggishness and the fact that it seems that email gets to me later than a friend who has a BB. I thought wireless sync would have fixed that.
    For me specifically I got a BB because it was the device that had the features
    and form factor that appealed to me.

Combine that with the fact that professionally I live and die by email it was
    the perfect device for me. With the right mix of 3rd party apps the phone
    does what I need to handle my work and personal life.

Oh, and I had a Nokia E62 that I gave up on after two days. I found a brand
    new Pearl for $30 and have been very pleased with the performance of the
    BB. Granted, if it were not for this site I'd have ditched the BB too.
    05-08-09 10:16 AM
    One of the major reasons people consider BB to be very business oriented is due to BES (find more info at BlackBerry Enterprise Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) you gain access to your company's intranet which allows for very tight integration with your corporate setup.

05-08-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD