Put together a list of advantages that Blackberry has over other smartphones.
    This should be pretty accurate I think, no?

Can share these when some says "I thought Blackberry was dead."

Advantages
    trackpad - (certain models only)
    �precise content manipulating
    �efficient navigation

productivity-driven OS -
    �keyboard and shortcuts (certain models only)
    �unified HUB
    �gestures
    �streamlined messaging capabilities
    �superior multitasking
    �more custom notifications per contact

security -
    �original and primary business model
    �control permissions allocated to apps

app agnostic -
    �BB apps
    �Amazon apps
    �Android apps

superior native apps -
    �calendar
    �email
    �BB Protect
    �Device Monitor
    �Remember(comprehensive notepad program)
    �BBM
    �full Office's docs support

optional styles -
    �various sized
    �glass slab
    �QWERTY
    �bling Porsche
    �expandable memory
    11-05-14 02:04 PM
    App agnostic? Android and Amazon?
    11-05-14 02:07 PM
    Remember sucks. I can't believe they don't have a native, pre-installed memo app.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-05-14 02:37 PM
    I'll keep mine simple.

Out of box usability. You don't need apps or customization for it to work well.

Example is the hub. Android can do it but you need an app.

Keyboard works beautifully right out of the box. To get something comparable on Android you need an app. I have SwiftKey.

That's just my opinion though.
    11-05-14 03:13 PM
    Remember sucks. I can't believe they don't have a native, pre-installed memo app.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    I wish they kept memo from bb7 I find Remember to cumbersome for everyday lists myself

Posted via CB10
    Nauwiesbande and Witmen like this.
    11-05-14 03:22 PM
    I'll keep mine simple.

Out of box usability. You don't need apps or customization for it to work well.

Example is the hub. Android can do it but you need an app.

Keyboard works beautifully right out of the box. To get something comparable on Android you need an app. I have SwiftKey.

That's just my opinion though.
    Fair opinion, but I'd respectfully counter the option of having third party options helps push stock development.
    11-05-14 03:35 PM
    Preaching to the choir.
    11-05-14 03:36 PM
    Fair opinion, but I'd respectfully counter the option of having third party options helps push stock development.
    Which quite often third party isn't ever free

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    11-05-14 03:44 PM
    Which quite often third party isn't ever free

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    True.

In a lot of cases though, competition tends to drive prices low.
    11-05-14 07:13 PM
    exclusivity -
    •You are by definition a VIP because the masses are not permitted to use it
    Tre Lawrence and Witmen like this.
    11-05-14 07:24 PM
    Absolutely none..if it had retained any advantages it would not be in the position they are ..less than 1% of market share
    11-05-14 07:32 PM
    under the radar -
    •People think you don't have any advantages, which gives you an advantage
    Last edited by Hlao-roo; 11-05-14 at 07:50 PM.
    11-05-14 07:39 PM
    Being part of Crackberry, a forum where users still live in the past and still think that Blackberrys sell like hotcakes
    11-05-14 07:42 PM
    under the radar -
    �People think you don't have any advantages, which you gives you an advantage
    Exactly! Everyone "knows" BlackBerry devices are horribly slow and probably can't do anything, so it's always a great excuse for when you don't want to respond. Just blame it on "your BlackBerry", everyone will immediately understand your pain, feel bad for you and maybe even buy you a drink (since you're obviously so broke that you can't even afford to buy a used iPhone 4 or a Samsung Galaxy young).

Posted via CB10
    Hlao-roo and muhammad shahir like this.
    11-05-14 07:45 PM
    True.

In a lot of cases though, competition tends to drive prices low.
    I'll give you that but some users are better suited to BlackBerry's approach.
    My mother is a perfect example. I got her the Samsung Ace 2X last year but she could not use it.

The screen doesn't shut off in phone calls so she is constantly ending calls, the keyboard was terrible out of the box, nothing centralized so messaging for her was very difficult.
    She knows nothing of app world or the apps on it much like a lot of people her age.

We gave that phone to my dad who hates it and wants my broken Z10.

Bought her the Z10 a few months ago and now she uses it perfectly. Took it to Florida with her, she can text message, manage her emails, and apparently call and text me :S.

For a lot of people having something that works out of the box and doesn't need to be customized to do so is very important.
    11-05-14 07:55 PM
    I can just imagine

? Z10
    delroyj likes this.
    11-05-14 07:55 PM
    It's hard to use a smartphone without the hub for me. Had to transfer to an android phone while my Z10 was being repaired and I hated it that I had to go to enter the app and type from there.

Had fun with android though, it was like App heaven but at the end of the day I missed the hub and the superior email experience.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    11-05-14 08:00 PM
    Absolutely none..if it had retained any advantages it would not be in the position they are ..less than 1% of market share
    An abundance of a product doesn't mean much; example, McDonald's hamburgers.

BB does have advantages, whether you like it or not.
    spikesolie and Mecca EL like this.
    11-05-14 08:03 PM
    IMO, the biggest advantage of BB is the way it let you navigate through everything seamlessly. It's like everything is part of the whole thing, not just separated apps like iOs or Android.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-05-14 08:25 PM
    I'll give you that but some users are better suited to BlackBerry's approach.
    My mother is a perfect example. I got her the Samsung Ace 2X last year but she could not use it.

The screen doesn't shut off in phone calls so she is constantly ending calls, the keyboard was terrible out of the box, nothing centralized so messaging for her was very difficult.
    She knows nothing of app world or the apps on it much like a lot of people her age.

We gave that phone to my dad who hates it and wants my broken Z10.

Bought her the Z10 a few months ago and now she uses it perfectly. Took it to Florida with her, she can text message, manage her emails, and apparently call and text me :S.

For a lot of people having something that works out of the box and doesn't need to be customized to do so is very important.
    Great points. Can't really argue against an out of the box experience.

But even here, BBRY faces competition from other platforms that have strong stock app options.

Good discussion.
    11-05-14 08:27 PM
    It's hard to use a smartphone without the hub for me. Had to transfer to an android phone while my Z10 was being repaired and I hated it that I had to go to enter the app and type from there.

Had fun with android though, it was like App heaven but at the end of the day I missed the hub and the superior email experience.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I miss a lot of things. My old keyboard that knew me well enough to auto suggest as a key flick this:

Advantages of Blackberry-badass.jpg

My phone that recognizes when my face is pressed against it in a phone call so it doesn't press buttons.
    My notifications, still haven't gotten that working right on the Sony.
    My TimeShift Camera(mostly to mess with people).
    My full featured calculator.
    My easy to setup and manage emails(just sign in, its so simple!!!)
    My Hub.
    No major glitches like forgetting my settings.
    The smoothness of the OS(matched only by iOS).

That said, the Sony's hardware is so much better and my battery lasts two sometimes three days. Unbelievable. If I has BB10 on that Sony, match made in heaven!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-05-14 08:58 PM
    Oh I forgot! My Z2 vs my Z10? The call quality! The Z2 shouldn't be used as a phone its terrible. Over Bluetooth to the car is even worse! The Z10 was crystal clear!
    11-05-14 09:22 PM
    Oh I forgot! My Z2 vs my Z10? The call quality! The Z2 shouldn't be used as a phone its terrible. Over Bluetooth to the car is even worse! The Z10 was crystal clear!
    So,.. the keyboard and the phone are inferior, and yet... your Sony is a better "smart phone".

Not quite sure we have our priorities lined up in the right order.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 09:44 PM
    So, here's the thing. BB10 takes some learning but rewards you amply after you have learned how to use it.

IOS is very intuitive, but you are no more efficient on it on day 30, compared to day 1.

With BB10, you go through stages. Take texting: First, you go to the Hub or Text app and find the contact and type the message. Then, you figure out that Instant Actions is cool, so you just type "text XYZ" and are ready to go. Then, if you have a physical keyboard, you realize that you can just set a hotkey, e.g., "X", which if you long-press, takes you straight to messaging. This is truly badass efficient, and there is nothing on IOS or android that comes even remotely close.

That's the beauty of using BB10, especially on a Q10, Q5 or Passport. Unfortunately, we don't live in a world where people want to take the time to figure things out.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    Pcmx and Mecca EL like this.
    11-05-14 09:57 PM
    So, here's the thing. BB10 takes some learning but rewards you amply after you have learned how to use it.

IOS is very intuitive, but you are no more efficient on it on day 30, compared to day 1.

With BB10, you go through stages. Take texting: First, you go to the Hub or Text app and find the contact and type the message. Then, you figure out that Instant Actions is cool, so you just type "text XYZ" and are ready to go. Then, if you have a physical keyboard, you realize that you can just set a hotkey, e.g., "X", which if you long-press, takes you straight to messaging. This is truly badass efficient, and there is nothing on IOS or android that comes even remotely close.

That's the beauty of using BB10, especially on a Q10, Q5 or Passport. Unfortunately, we don't live in a world where people want to take the time to figure things out.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    I think people would take time to figure it out if it gave the average user a serious added benefit that appeals to that user.

Remember, folks gave the touchscreen iPhone a chance. They took the time to learn it.

I think comfort is a powerful drug. If what I have works, and works well, you had better give me a darn good reason to try something new. And I don't want to give ANYTHING up to make the change.

That's the conversation I think a lot of folks have with themselves. That's what BB10 faces.
    Wwhite1036 and Witmen like this.
    11-05-14 10:05 PM
50 12