hey everyone i just got a bb bold and i absolutely love it...do you guys know if/when adobe flash will be available for it? what are some other worthwhile apps to dload?
    03-31-09 07:48 PM
    Probably not until sometime in 2010, if then.
    03-31-09 08:48 PM
    No flash and nothing on the horizon that I have heard of...Every other thread here says that its not gonna happen. I could be wrong but thats the idea I have heard here on CB. But I'm sure eventually its bound to happen.
    03-31-09 08:52 PM
    Its not looking good, BUT hey we can dream can't we?
    03-31-09 08:57 PM
    03-31-09 09:00 PM
    ^thanks for the link
    03-31-09 09:08 PM
    I think we should start a "before you post your question" thread since this has been asked a few dozen times in the past week or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 09:34 PM
    Won't help, unfortunately.
    03-31-09 09:41 PM
    I think we should start a "before you post your question" thread since this has been asked a few dozen times in the past week or so.

sadly these kinds of posts are just as useless as these kinds of topics themselves, they never do any good.
    03-31-09 11:23 PM
    is there any download to veiw video for bb9530?
    08-18-09 06:58 PM
    Huh?

Can you give more details? What videos? What format? Where are they coming from? How are you trying to view them?
    08-18-09 07:31 PM
    I just read on viigo under engagdet that flash is coming to blackberrys so get ready.... It said they were making new bbs that can support it.

08-19-09 04:49 PM
    RIM planning on including full Flash and Silverlight support in browser : Boy Genius Report

Also that was posted here in the forums by CX/Myself when BGR started working on that thread (no relation to the story)
    08-19-09 04:50 PM
    So is their flash for blackberries yet? I dont see a way to get it on mine. It would be a big help as some web pages cant be displayed without flash.
    04-03-10 08:42 PM
    Nope. Not yet.
    04-03-10 09:09 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that the new broswer that will be out this summer would have flash lite, limited but better than nothing.

04-03-10 09:29 PM
    And with any luck there won't be (absent some hardcore recoding to make it efficient.) On an MBP with 4GB of RAM, Flash-intensive sites max out my CPU. I can't imagine what it would do to my 9550. And as an aside, we're not alone in being Flashless... the iPad doesn't support Flash, either (insisting on HTML5 instead.)
    04-03-10 10:19 PM
    And with any luck there won't be (absent some hardcore recoding to make it efficient.) On an MBP with 4GB of RAM, Flash-intensive sites max out my CPU. I can't imagine what it would do to my 9550. And as an aside, we're not alone in being Flashless... the iPad doesn't support Flash, either (insisting on HTML5 instead.)

Quite frankly I don't know of any mobile phone that has full flash support at the present moment.
    04-03-10 10:30 PM
    No flash? no flash? no flash? At this rate I doubt it will ever be on a bb or even other devices. I do find it funny how much the ipad costs and what people went through when it came out to get it to now find out that it doesnt even support flash. lol
    04-03-10 10:44 PM
    I'm the same way too. YouTube can stutter pretty bad at times if I'm playing HD clips with my 3 GHz C2D iMac that has 4 GB of RAM. Adobe can't code for their lives, Flash is horribly inefficient. Just ask any Linux or Mac user, or a netbook owner. My 8900 cringes at the thought of playing Flash in the current mediocre browser.

If RIM does Flash, it'll be in the WebKit browser. That is something I don't see coming out until OS 6.0.

04-04-10 01:09 AM
    Maybe til OS 6.0??? Thats going to be awhile. And if so I cant wait.
    04-04-10 10:10 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that the new broswer that will be out this summer would have flash lite, limited but better than nothing.
    S60v5 browser is webkit based with flash, & there's a standalone download for symbian too (again with flash).

i just hope the new BB browser doesn't have that awful 'cover flow' history view when you press "back" (as in S60v5 browser). when i press "back", it should go back

i'm hoping skyfire comes up. bolt's ok just seems a bit untidy for my liking.
    04-05-10 04:12 AM
    S60v5 browser is webkit based with flash, & there's a standalone download for symbian too (again with flash).

i just hope the new BB browser doesn't have that awful 'cover flow' history view when you press "back" (as in S60v5 browser). when i press "back", it should go back

i'm hoping skyfire comes up. bolt's ok just seems a bit untidy for my liking.
    The thing I dont like about bolt is that when playing a video on youtube the video pauses when my screen light goes out to save battery life. Thats kind of annoying to have to press a button and restart the video. If you go to youtube via google and play a video it doesnt do that.
    04-05-10 07:25 PM
    9800 (torch) the ultimate!!!

09-17-10 03:37 PM
    9800 (torch) the ultimate!!!

The Torch has Flash support, or if not, then what are you trying to say? Flash lite or 10.1?
    09-17-10 04:41 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD