Can someone help? I sync my Tour with outlook every day or so and just realized that my contacts that only have a company name (no First or Last name) do not get synced/transferred into Outlook. Or maybe they do but I can't see them on my laptop in Outlook.

Any suggestions?
    03-01-10 08:30 AM
    What version of Outlook? Depending on version, set your view in contacts to Business Cards and it should show up. If you don't have that option, add another option to the filing view of the contacts to also sort or display by company name.
    03-01-10 10:03 AM
    I am using Outlook 2003 (V11.5608.5606). I believe I have it set for last, first (company). And I don't think I have a business card view option, or if I do, I don't know how to set it.

Thanks.
    03-01-10 01:52 PM
    I have business and personal combined, so I just use the first name of the business as first name and the remainder as the last name and they all sync fine. May not be how you want to do it, but works for me.

Ken
    03-01-10 02:18 PM
    I'm guessing I could go back over a thousand entries and add first and last names, but it seems that even if the first and last names are omitted in my blackberry it should post somewhere in Outlook. In my BB all of these entries show up in alphabetical order by company. And I too have personal mixed in - those sync fine
    03-01-10 02:26 PM
    That's to many to do. I have only 200 and a lot are personal. It was only a few that did not alphabetize correctly until I did as mentioned above. I sync to Outlook OK, but when I started OTA syncing to Funambol I had to to the changes mentioned. Seems some programs handle the order differently. All is good now. Good Luck.

Ken
    03-01-10 03:19 PM
    Anyone else know how to get Blackberry entries that have no first or last name entry to sync and appear in Outlook 2003?
    03-02-10 06:19 AM
    I have 2007. And assume you have business and personal on one address book.

But, You could try this on one contact. Open contact to edit and press menu and select categories and make the contact business. Save, then reopen contact and press options, general options, sort by, company, save. In doing this you would have a business and personal calendar. See if when you sync the one you changed shows up. Other than that, I have no idea.

Ken
    03-02-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD